|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holden reveal about himself in the first sentence of Chapter 3?
(a) He will miss Mr. Spencer.
(b) He is scared of his father.
(c) He is a terrific liar.
(d) He hates phonies.
2. What favor does Stradlater ask of Holden?
(a) To read his hinovel assignment.
(b) To finish his Calculus assignment.
(c) To press his shirt.
(d) To write his English composition.
3. What essay does Mr. Spencer read to Holden?
(a) Stradlater's essay that Holden wrote.
(b) Holden's essay on the Egyptians.
(c) Mr. Spencer has Holden read the essay.
(d) An essay about New York.
4. What does Holden think Mr. Spencer yelled at him as he shut the door?
(a) “Come back!”
(c) “Don't give up!”
(d) “Good luck!”
5. Who is Mr. Spencer?
(a) Holden's grandfather.
(b) The dean of students at Pencey Prep.
(c) An elderly man Holden helps take care of.
(d) Holden's hinovel teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Holden used to play with Stradlater's date?
2. What is the name of the book of short stories written by D.B.?
3. What is the school Holden attends at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Stradlater do as he shaves at the beginning of the chapter?
5. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)