|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay does Mr. Spencer read to Holden?
(a) Stradlater's essay that Holden wrote.
(b) An essay about New York.
(c) Holden's essay on the Egyptians.
(d) Mr. Spencer has Holden read the essay.
2. Who is Robert Ackley?
(a) Holden's roommate.
(b) Holden's neighbor in the dorms.
(c) Holden's cousin.
(d) Holden's childhood friend.
3. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
(a) He left the equipment on the subway.
(b) He got lost and gave up.
(c) The team lost, so they did not need to stay any longer.
(d) He quit the team.
4. What illness does Mr. Spencer have?
(c) A cold.
(d) It is not known.
5. What does Stradlater do as he shaves at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Mumble to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holden say he never saw Ackley use?
2. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
3. What favor does Stradlater ask of Holden?
4. What is the name of the book of short stories written by D.B.?
5. Who is Mr. Spencer?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)