|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
(a) He quit the team.
(b) The team lost, so they did not need to stay any longer.
(c) He left the equipment on the subway.
(d) He got lost and gave up.
2. What game did Holden used to play with Stradlater's date?
3. Who is D.B.?
(a) Holden's brother.
(b) This is not revealed.
(c) The narrator of the novel.
(d) Ackley's brother.
4. What book did Holden mistakenly borrow from the library?
(a) As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.
(b) Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen.
(c) Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham.
(d) Moby-Dick by Herman Melville.
5. Who is Ward Stradlater?
(a) Holden's brother-in-law.
(b) Holden's roommate.
(c) A student in Holden's English class.
(d) Holden's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essay does Mr. Spencer read to Holden?
2. Who is Mr. Spencer?
3. Who caused the disturbance in the chapel when Ossenburger was speaking?
4. What does Mr. Spencer offer Holden before he leaves?
5. Who is Robert Ackley?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)