Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the narrator of the novel?
2. Who is D.B.?
(a) Ackley's brother.
(b) Holden's brother.
(c) This is not revealed.
(d) The narrator of the novel.
3. What is the name of the book of short stories written by D.B.?
(a) The Bloody Chamber.
(b) The Matisse Stories.
(c) The Yellow Wallpaper.
(d) The Secret Goldfish.
4. What is the school Holden attends at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Whooton School.
(c) Elkton Hills.
(d) Pencey Prep.
5. How is Holden involved with the school's fencing team?
(a) He is the manager.
(b) He is the captain.
(c) His father is the coach, so he helps.
(d) He is an alternate on the team.
6. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
(a) The team lost, so they did not need to stay any longer.
(b) He left the equipment on the subway.
(c) He got lost and gave up.
(d) He quit the team.
Chapters 3 and 4
7. Who is Mr. Spencer?
(a) An elderly man Holden helps take care of.
(b) The dean of students at Pencey Prep.
(c) Holden's grandfather.
(d) Holden's hinovel teacher.
This section contains 3,722 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)