|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship between Qwilleran and Mary progressing?
2. Where was the "hot" manuscript hidden?
3. Back home, what does Iris say about the radio Hollis Prantz was looking for?
4. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
5. What is Qwilleran's narrow escape while hunting with Ben?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary find strange about Qwilleran's list of sales and inquiries while he was manning Iris's shop?
2. While Iris is away, what does Hollis Prantz come looking for?
3. What is interesting about the pattern of the sole of Russell Patch's boots?
4. How does Koko inadvertently solve the mystery?
5. What does Qwilleran learn from reading the manuscript that explains the calls for horse braces?
6. After going to the Garrick Theatre with Ben, what does Qwilleran observe at the bar called The Lion's Tail?
7. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran do to show that he is a genuine cat lover?
8. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
9. What other mystery does Koko uncover at the end of the novel?
10. Why does Qwilleran leash Koko and take him of a tour of the Cobb building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "A Comparison Between a Newspaper Reporter and a Crime Detective". Include in your essay (1) what they have in common, (2) how they are different, and (3) which, in your opinion, is more interesting to read about--the professional or the amateur.
Essay Topic 2
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on the topic, "I Believe that the Novel Would [or Would Not] Make a Good Movie". Express your opinion as to (1) whether a movie of the novel would have enough action to make it good, (2) how difficult or easy would it be to maintain suspense in a screenplay, and (3) what would be the most difficult part about filming the story? [Hint: Getting cats to do what you want them to do.]
Essay Topic 3
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Qwilleran As a Detective". What are his credentials as a detective? Is there a link between a police detective and a journalist? How much does Qwilleran rely on the instincts of his cats? Is that realistic?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)