|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
2. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
3. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
4. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
5. Who does Qwilleran take on a search of his building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yum Yum show Qwilleran and where was it?
2. Who does Qwilleran suspect the drug dealer to be?
3. What is interesting about the pattern of the sole of Russell Patch's boots?
4. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran about the Cobb house?
5. How does Braun draw out the suspense with Qwilleran's reading of Andy's manuscript?
6. Why do Qwilleran and Mary move the bookshelf in his apartment?
7. What arrangement does Qwilleran make with Mary?
8. What does Qwilleran find in Nicolas's apartment after he has a meal with him?
9. What was C. C. supposedly looking for in the Ellsworth house?
10. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Qwilleran's Character as a Lover of Cats". Three questions should be answered in your essay: (1) Does Qwilleran's affinity to his cats make him appear weak? (2) Does his care for Koko and Yum Yum transfer over into his concern for people? (3) Does Qwilleran overestimate the ability of his cats to help him find clues?
Essay Topic 2
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "The Most Interesting Characters in the Novel". Select the three characters who intrigued you the most and discuss why they are so interesting to you. It is permissible to name the cats if they are among your most interesting characters. However, give full answers for each of the characters you choose.
Essay Topic 3
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Murder Mysteries Set Before the 21st Century". You may want to use example of writers beside Braun (e.g., Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, Ellery Queen, etc.) to discuss how clues and reasoning provide the solutions to the mysteries as opposed to DNA samples and other modern day crime solving techniques.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)