Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
2. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
3. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
4. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
5. On his outing with Ben, what important observation does Qwilleran make?
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "The Value of Mystery Novels as Escapism in Literature". Define escapism, point out how mystery stories put readers into situations they are unlikely to experience in real life, and compare mystery stories to word games and puzzles as a diversion.
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on Braun's Use of Red Herrings in "The Cat Who Turned On and Off". Red herrings are stock in trade for mystery writers who put them in the plot to keep the reader guessing. Find at least three red herrings in the novel and explain how they are used to make the reader suspect different characters of actually being the murderer.
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "The Most Interesting Characters in the Novel". Select the three characters who intrigued you the most and discuss why they are so interesting to you. It is permissible to name the cats if they are among your most interesting characters. However, give full answers for each of the characters you choose.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)