Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
2. What is Jim Qwilleran's occupation?
3. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
4. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
5. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
2. Explain who Qwilleran suspects of having gone to the Ellsworth House.
3. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
4. what does Qwilleran eventually learn about how Russell Patch has the money to buy all his expensive equipment?
5. What does Riker tell Qwilleran about his writing when Qwilleran drops in at the Fluxion office?
6. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
7. How does Koko inadvertently solve the mystery?
8. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
9. What other mystery does Koko uncover at the end of the novel?
10. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Qwilleran As a Detective". What are his credentials as a detective? Is there a link between a police detective and a journalist? How much does Qwilleran rely on the instincts of his cats? Is that realistic?
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Qwilleran's Character as a Lover of Cats". Three questions should be answered in your essay: (1) Does Qwilleran's affinity to his cats make him appear weak? (2) Does his care for Koko and Yum Yum transfer over into his concern for people? (3) Does Qwilleran overestimate the ability of his cats to help him find clues?
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "The Most Interesting Characters in the Novel". Select the three characters who intrigued you the most and discuss why they are so interesting to you. It is permissible to name the cats if they are among your most interesting characters. However, give full answers for each of the characters you choose.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)