|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Russell say informed on C. C. Cobb?
2. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
3. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
4. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
5. How does Miss Duckworth make a melodramatic appearance in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the drunk Qwilleran talks to in Junktown.
2. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
3. How does Qwilleran happen to get an invitation to Mary Duckworth 's place his first night in his apartment?
4. What does Qwilleran learn about a tape recorded while having dinner with Iris and C. C.?
5. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
6. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
7. When Qwilleran sees Mary again, why is see cool and distant like she was when he first met her?
8. Describe the character of C. C. Cobb.
9. Discuss the relationship between Qwilleran and his cats.
10. What happens to Qwilleran as he leaves Ben Nicolas' shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "The Most Interesting Characters in the Novel". Select the three characters who intrigued you the most and discuss why they are so interesting to you. It is permissible to name the cats if they are among your most interesting characters. However, give full answers for each of the characters you choose.
Essay Topic 2
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Introduction of Elements Important to Solving the Mystery". In the first five chapters of the novel, several important bits of information are introduced that will later have a bearing on the solution. Include in your essay a discussion of (1) the weight of the Mackintosh Coat of Arms, (2) the pot bellied stove which seems to serve no purpose, and (3) the emphasis placed on Andy Glanz's high moral standards that are not shared by other people in Junktown.
Essay Topic 3
In two or more type written double spaced pages, write an essay on "Qwilleran As a Detective". What are his credentials as a detective? Is there a link between a police detective and a journalist? How much does Qwilleran rely on the instincts of his cats? Is that realistic?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)