|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car does Qwilleran discover fits the size and shape of the second car that was at the Ellsworth House?
2. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By turning the lights on and off.
(b) By fighting with Yum Yum.
(c) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
(d) By meowing for food.
3. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(b) The cats wanting to play.
(c) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(d) A call from Iris.
4. Who tells Qwilleran that Iris Cobb's assumed ghost was really C. C. playing tricks on his wife?
5. How do the cats behave when Qwilleran and Mary almost kiss?
(a) With an outburst of hissing and yowling.
(b) By disappearing from Qwilleran's apartment.
(c) By jumping up on Qwilleran and Mary.
(d) By hiding under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
2. What is the result of Qwilleran's efforts to track down Andy's manuscript?
3. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
4. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
5. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the surprise visitor to Iris's shop while Qwilleran is taking his turn managing it?
2. After going to the Garrick Theatre with Ben, what does Qwilleran observe at the bar called The Lion's Tail?
3. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran that might possibly prove to be a motive for Andy's murder?
4. How does Braun draw out the suspense with Qwilleran's reading of Andy's manuscript?
5. What does Qwilleran learn from reading the manuscript that explains the calls for horse braces?
6. Why does Qwilleran finally get around to hanging the Mackintosh coat of arms, and who comes to help him do it?
7. What does Qwilleran find in Nicolas's apartment after he has a meal with him?
8. How does Koko inadvertently solve the mystery?
9. What arrangement does Qwilleran make with Mary?
10. Why does Qwilleran leash Koko and take him of a tour of the Cobb building?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)