|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Visiting the Fluxion office, what does Riker tell Qwilleran?
(a) He has a good chance of winning the writing prize.
(b) Nobody is interested in reading about Junktown.
(c) He will get paid extra for investigating the murders.
(d) To stop his feature on Junktown and concentrate on the murders.
2. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That he is afraid of someone.
(c) That he is hiding something.
(d) That he is a fraud.
3. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the local church.
(c) In C. C.'s shop.
(d) In Qwilleran's room.
4. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
5. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(b) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(c) The cats wanting to play.
(d) A call from Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
2. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
3. During their conversation, what does Mary reveal about her quarrel with Andy the night of his death?
4. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
5. When Ben buys drinks for everyone, what does Qwilleran observe about Ben's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
2. What is interesting about the pattern of the sole of Russell Patch's boots?
3. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran that might possibly prove to be a motive for Andy's murder?
4. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
5. What does Qwilleran learn from reading the manuscript that explains the calls for horse braces?
6. What does Yum Yum show Qwilleran and where was it?
7. What does Qwilleran find in Nicolas's apartment after he has a meal with him?
8. What was C. C. supposedly looking for in the Ellsworth house?
9. What is the significance of the surprise visitor to Iris's shop while Qwilleran is taking his turn managing it?
10. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran do to show that he is a genuine cat lover?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)