|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
(a) That he has a secret source of income.
(b) That he draws Social Security.
(c) That he is facing bankruptcy.
(d) That he is behind on his rent.
2. As Qwilleran begins reading Andy's manuscript, what becomes clear?
(a) It has nothing to do with Junktown people.
(b) It is a plan for stealing antiques.
(c) It is based on people of Junktown.
(d) It is a real masterpiece.
3. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
(a) In C. C.'s shop.
(b) On the stairs.
(c) Under the tub.
(d) From out on the roof.
4. How is the weather during the Junktown Block Party?
(a) Windy and foggy in the morning.
(b) Bad at first but turning sunny.
(c) Harsh and cold with morning snow.
(d) Sunny in the morning but raining later.
5. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) Rare antiques.
(b) A rare stamp collection.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) A substantial fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
2. Why had Rosie come to Junktown?
3. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
4. What interrupts the meeting?
5. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran that might possibly prove to be a motive for Andy's murder?
2. What does Mary find strange about Qwilleran's list of sales and inquiries while he was manning Iris's shop?
3. Why do Qwilleran and Mary move the bookshelf in his apartment?
4. Why does Mary seem much happier when Qwilleran sees her after C. C.'s murder?
5. What does Qwilleran find in Nicolas's apartment after he has a meal with him?
6. What amusing information does Cluthra provide when Qwilleran goes to visit her?
7. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
8. How does Braun draw out the suspense with Qwilleran's reading of Andy's manuscript?
9. Why does Qwilleran finally get around to hanging the Mackintosh coat of arms, and who comes to help him do it?
10. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran about the Cobb house?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)