|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
(b) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(c) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
(d) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
2. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
(a) Ben Nicolas.
(c) A nurse at the hospital.
(d) Mary Duckworth.
3. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
(b) It came from Iris.
(c) It came from Koko.
(d) It came from Mary.
4. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
(a) The pivot of a boot print.
(b) A draft from under the stage.
(c) The antics of a cat.
(d) The tassles on Ben's scarf.
5. In the fight between Qwilleran, what happens to prevent Ben from escaping?
(a) Koko scratches Ben in the eye.
(b) Mary shows up with a pistol.
(c) The MacIntosh coat of arms falls and knocks Ben out.
(d) Dennis runs in to help Qwilleran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
2. What is Qwilleran thinking about when he goes to bed after leaving the bar?
3. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
4. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
5. How does Qwilleran make his manuscript discovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qwilleran find in Nicolas's apartment after he has a meal with him?
2. After going to the Garrick Theatre with Ben, what does Qwilleran observe at the bar called The Lion's Tail?
3. What does Mary find strange about Qwilleran's list of sales and inquiries while he was manning Iris's shop?
4. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
5. What does Riker tell Qwilleran about his writing when Qwilleran drops in at the Fluxion office?
6. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran that might possibly prove to be a motive for Andy's murder?
7. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
8. Explain who Qwilleran suspects of having gone to the Ellsworth House.
9. What does Qwilleran learn from reading the manuscript that explains the calls for horse braces?
10. How does Koko inadvertently solve the mystery?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)