|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their conversation, what does Mary reveal about her quarrel with Andy the night of his death?
(a) Hhis not answering her calls.
(b) His involvment with Iris.
(c) His fake antiques.
(d) His involvement with Cluthra.
2. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Russell Patch.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
3. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Mary.
(b) It came from Iris.
(c) It came from Koko.
(d) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
4. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
(a) Why strange sounds happen during the night.
(b) How C. C. was able to move the candle.
(c) How the cats get into Ben's apartment.
(d) When the house was built.
5. What does Hollis Prantz come looking for at the Cobbs's building?
(a) Some old radios that C.C. Cobb had promised him.
(b) Some horse braces.
(c) A pair of binoculars.
(d) The finial C. C. bought at the auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
2. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
3. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
4. What does Iris say about the machine Qwilleran found?
5. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other mystery does Koko uncover at the end of the novel?
2. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
3. After going to the Garrick Theatre with Ben, what does Qwilleran observe at the bar called The Lion's Tail?
4. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran about the Cobb house?
5. Who does Qwilleran suspect the drug dealer to be?
6. What arrangement does Qwilleran make with Ben Nicolas?
7. What is interesting about the pattern of the sole of Russell Patch's boots?
8. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran do to show that he is a genuine cat lover?
9. Why do Qwilleran and Mary move the bookshelf in his apartment?
10. Why does Qwilleran leash Koko and take him of a tour of the Cobb building?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)