|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
(b) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
(c) A crawl space in the ceiling.
(d) A trap door under his rug.
2. In the fight between Qwilleran, what happens to prevent Ben from escaping?
(a) Koko scratches Ben in the eye.
(b) The MacIntosh coat of arms falls and knocks Ben out.
(c) Dennis runs in to help Qwilleran.
(d) Mary shows up with a pistol.
3. How does Qwilleran make his manuscript discovery?
(a) He has a dream about where it is.
(b) Koko pulls it from under the bed.
(c) He starts to build a fire.
(d) The cats lead him to it.
4. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
(a) That she knows who murdered C. C.
(b) That she is in love with Qwilleran.
(c) That she is a bigamist.
(d) That she may have murdered her first husband.
5. Visiting the Fluxion office, what does Riker tell Qwilleran?
(a) Nobody is interested in reading about Junktown.
(b) He has a good chance of winning the writing prize.
(c) He will get paid extra for investigating the murders.
(d) To stop his feature on Junktown and concentrate on the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Qwilleran as he unfolds the piece of foil the cats have left for him?
2. What important discovery is located right there in Qwilleran's room?
3. While Qwilleran is in Iris's shop, who surprises him with a visit?
4. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
5. Why had Rosie come to Junktown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary seem much happier when Qwilleran sees her after C. C.'s murder?
2. Why do Qwilleran and Mary move the bookshelf in his apartment?
3. What amusing information does Cluthra provide when Qwilleran goes to visit her?
4. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran that might possibly prove to be a motive for Andy's murder?
5. Who does Qwilleran suspect the drug dealer to be?
6. How does Koko inadvertently solve the mystery?
7. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
8. What is the significance of the surprise visitor to Iris's shop while Qwilleran is taking his turn managing it?
9. What does Qwilleran learn from reading the manuscript that explains the calls for horse braces?
10. What does Yum Yum show Qwilleran and where was it?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)