|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the area called Junktown?
(a) Because of the drugs sold there.
(b) Because it was once a landfill.
(c) Because of the antique and junk shops
(d) Because of the old cars abandoned there.
2. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
(a) She thinks he is haunting her.
(b) She never really liked him.
(c) She feels responsible for his death.
(d) She moved his body before calling the police.
3. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) The sound of wind.
(b) A lot of sobbing.
(c) A lot of gossip.
(d) The sound of rain.
4. What is the Daily Fluxion?
(a) The changing tides.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) An eccentric clock.
(d) An antique magazine.
5. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Andrew Glanz.
6. What does Qwilleran learn about Iris Cobb at the auction?
(a) She is bidding for her husband, C. C. Cobb.
(b) She has an apartment for rent.
(c) She had a crush on Andrew Glanz.
(d) She is allergic to cats.
7. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For disturbing the peace.
(b) For gambling.
(c) For attempted arson.
(d) For looting an abandoned house.
8. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
(a) From a rival newspaper article.
(b) From Miss Duckworth.
(c) Grom his editor and friend Arch Riker.
(d) From C.C. Cobb.
9. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
(a) Andy had reported him to the police.
(b) Andy knew his antiques were fake.
(c) Andy has stolen from Russell.
(d) Andy had fired him.
10. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
(a) Mary takes the call upstairs.
(b) The caller hangs up.
(c) Mary refuses to answer it.
(d) There is heavy breathing on the line.
11. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
(a) Christmas in Junktown.
(b) Finding junk to sell in Junktown.
(c) The homeless in Junktown.
(d) The drug problem in Junktown.
12. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
(b) Falling onto a spear.
(c) Falling onto a fireplace.
(d) Falling onto a finial.
13. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
(a) She moans a lot at night.
(b) She only appears during a full moon.
(c) She keeps hiding her glasses.
(d) She turns the pages of books.
14. What does Qwilleran set out to do his first morning at his new apartment?
(a) Explore the neighborhood.
(b) See how many shops are open.
(c) Find a good restaurant.
(d) Interrogate the police.
15. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
(a) A roll-top desk.
(b) The finial that Glanz fell on.
(c) An art deco lamp.
(d) The Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Duckworth decline Qwilleran's invitation to dinner?
2. What is Qwilleran doing when Iris Cobb enters his room?
3. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
4. What kind of car does Russell Patch drive?
5. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)