|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
(a) The Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
(b) The finial that Glanz fell on.
(c) A roll-top desk.
(d) An art deco lamp.
2. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As a common occurence in Junktown.
(b) As an apparent suicide.
(c) As an unfortunate accident.
(d) As a certain murder.
3. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was married.
(b) He was actually gay.
(c) He was also involved with someone else.
(d) He was a serial womanizer.
4. Who does Qwilleran tell about the mystery surrounding Glanz' death?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(b) Arch Riker.
(c) Koko and Yum Yum.
(d) The police.
5. What does Qwilleran think about Mary's explanation for the hang up call?
(a) That she has no idea who it was.
(b) That she is lying.
(c) That she is afraid.
(d) That she likes a good mystery.
6. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) The ghost in her house.
(b) A woman involved in witchcraft.
(c) Another of the junk dealers.
(d) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
7. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
(b) Who killed Andy Glanz.
(c) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
(d) The value of horse braces.
8. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
(a) Behind her antique shop.
(b) Next door to her antique shop.
(c) Over her antique shop.
(d) On the other side of Junktown.
9. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
(a) A roll-top desk and a pot-bellied stove.
(b) A sofa and a bookshelf.
(c) A bunk bed and a small table.
(d) A refrigerator and a microwave.
10. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
(a) It was a witch's spell
(b) It was a family curse.
(c) It was the result of the evil eye.
(d) It was the work of ghosts.
11. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The stores are all closed.
(b) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(c) The police are questioning people.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
12. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Russell Patch.
13. What does Qwilleran feed his Siamese cats he brought from the Press Club?
(a) Beef and kidney pie.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Boiled beef.
14. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
(a) It is painted a garish green.
(b) It is papered with pages from old books.
(c) It is covered with tar paper.
(d) It is unfinished wood.
15. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Andrew Glanz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
2. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
3. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
4. Why does Miss Duckworth not use her real name?
5. When Iris drops in on Qwilleran, what is her appearance/
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)