|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd thing occurs with Koko back in the new apartment?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He fights with Yum Yum.
(c) He climbs the bookshelves.
(d) He knocks over a lamp.
2. Who does Qwilleran tell about the mystery surrounding Glanz' death?
(a) Arch Riker.
(b) Mary Duckworth.
(c) Koko and Yum Yum.
(d) The police.
3. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
(a) Horse brasses.
(b) Fiddle cases.
(c) Dog collars.
(d) Fireplace andirons.
4. Who deos Qwilleran find at the house on the end of the street?
(a) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) C. C. Cobb.
(c) Mary Duckworth.
(d) Russell Patch.
5. What puts Qwilleran off about Ben Nicolas?
(a) His inferiority complex.
(b) His dramatic way of speaking.
(c) His dislike of cats.
(d) His lack of knowledge about antiques.
6. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
(a) That Glanz was two-timing several women.
(b) That Miss Duckworth was Glanz's girlfriend.
(c) That Miss Duckworth has a criminal record.
(d) That Glanz was a drug dealer.
7. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
(a) To invite him to her place.
(b) To argue.
(c) To borrow a knife.
(d) To apologize.
8. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(b) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(c) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(d) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
9. Why does Miss Duckworth decline Qwilleran's invitation to dinner?
(a) She doesn't know him well enough.
(b) She is expecting a caller.
(c) She is still in mourning.
(d) She is dining with family.
10. What is settled before Qwilleran takes the apartment?
(a) That he can bring his cats.
(b) That he can have his own telephone line.
(c) That he will have the only key.
(d) That he will used his own furniture.
11. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he likes antiques.
(b) Because he asked questions about it.
(c) Because he is Scottish.
(d) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
12. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) With getting respect from the civic government.
(b) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
(c) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(d) With being suspected of murder.
13. What is the surprising purchase made by C. C. Cobb at the auction?
(a) The broken chandelier.
(b) The finial Glanz apparently fell on.
(c) The ladder Glanz fell from.
(d) The Macintosh Coat of Arms.
14. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
(a) It is brand new.
(b) It is out of character for the flamboyant Nicolas.
(c) It now has the feather missing from his own hat.
(d) It has been out in the rain.
15. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As a common occurence in Junktown.
(b) As an unfortunate accident.
(c) As an apparent suicide.
(d) As a certain murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offerings does Yum Yum bring to Qwilleran?
2. When Iris drops in on Qwilleran, what is her appearance/
3. What is Russell doing when Qwilleran drops in?
4. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
5. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)