|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
(b) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(c) With getting respect from the civic government.
(d) With being suspected of murder.
2. What is the Daily Fluxion?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An eccentric clock.
(c) An antique magazine.
(d) The changing tides.
3. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
(a) It is brand new.
(b) It has been out in the rain.
(c) It is out of character for the flamboyant Nicolas.
(d) It now has the feather missing from his own hat.
4. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
(a) The drug problem in Junktown.
(b) Christmas in Junktown.
(c) Finding junk to sell in Junktown.
(d) The homeless in Junktown.
5. Why is the area called Junktown?
(a) Because of the old cars abandoned there.
(b) Because it was once a landfill.
(c) Because of the drugs sold there.
(d) Because of the antique and junk shops
6. Why does Miss Duckworth decline Qwilleran's invitation to dinner?
(a) She is still in mourning.
(b) She doesn't know him well enough.
(c) She is dining with family.
(d) She is expecting a caller.
7. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
(a) He says he was laid off because of bad business.
(b) He says he quit because his business is growing.
(c) He says he never worked for Andy, only helped a little.
(d) He says he quit because of Andy's self-righteous integrity.
8. Who does Russell say informed on C. C. Cobb?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Iris Cobb.
(d) Andy Glanz.
9. What puts Qwilleran off about Ben Nicolas?
(a) His dislike of cats.
(b) His inferiority complex.
(c) His lack of knowledge about antiques.
(d) His dramatic way of speaking.
10. Why does Qwilleran get out Webster's dictionary?
(a) To boost himself up in his low chair.
(b) To look up the meanings of Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene.
(c) To see if Koko will help him find a clue.
(d) To find out about finials.
11. What does Qwilleran think about Mary's explanation for the hang up call?
(a) That she likes a good mystery.
(b) That she is afraid.
(c) That she is lying.
(d) That she has no idea who it was.
12. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) The value of horse braces.
(b) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
(c) Who killed Andy Glanz.
(d) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
13. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
(a) Next door to her antique shop.
(b) Over her antique shop.
(c) Behind her antique shop.
(d) On the other side of Junktown.
14. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
(b) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(c) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
(d) She invites him to dinner.
15. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Andrew Glanz.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
2. After leaving the Three Weird Sisters shop, where does Qwilleran go?
3. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
4. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
5. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)