|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
(a) That he was homely but generous.
(b) Tthat he was young and attractive.
(c) That he was middle-aged and disagreeable.
(d) That he was an alcoholic.
2. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
(a) He says he quit because his business is growing.
(b) He says he quit because of Andy's self-righteous integrity.
(c) He says he never worked for Andy, only helped a little.
(d) He says he was laid off because of bad business.
3. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
(a) It was a family curse.
(b) It was the work of ghosts.
(c) It was a witch's spell
(d) It was the result of the evil eye.
4. What does Iris bring to Qwilleran in his room?
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Tea and scones.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Coffee and cookies.
5. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a spear.
(b) Falling onto a finial.
(c) Falling onto a fireplace.
(d) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
6. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
(a) A substantial cash prize.
(b) The assigned subject matter.
(c) Something to do.
(d) The chance to get a staff job.
7. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As a common occurence in Junktown.
(b) As an unfortunate accident.
(c) As an apparent suicide.
(d) As a certain murder.
8. Why does Miss Duckworth not use her real name?
(a) Her family does not know where she is.
(b) She does not like her real name.
(c) She is hiding from her past.
(d) Her prominent family would be embarrassed.
9. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
(a) Cobb House Junk.
(b) Too Good to be Threw.
(c) The Opium Inn.
(d) Blue Dragon Antiques.
10. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
(a) Andy had fired him.
(b) Andy knew his antiques were fake.
(c) Andy has stolen from Russell.
(d) Andy had reported him to the police.
11. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was also involved with someone else.
(b) He was married.
(c) He was a serial womanizer.
(d) He was actually gay.
12. What kind of car does Russell Patch drive?
(a) A Rolls Royce.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A Chevrolet.
13. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) Another of the junk dealers.
(b) The ghost in her house.
(c) A woman involved in witchcraft.
(d) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
14. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
(a) She turns the pages of books.
(b) She keeps hiding her glasses.
(c) She only appears during a full moon.
(d) She moans a lot at night.
15. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For disturbing the peace.
(b) For looting an abandoned house.
(c) For attempted arson.
(d) For gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Daily Fluxion?
2. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
3. What is Mary's explanation for the call taken by Qwilleran?
4. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
5. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)