|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iris categorize Miss Duckworth since Glanz's death?
(a) Moody and withdrawn.
(b) Agitated and lively.
(c) More friendly than usual.
(d) Suspiciously calm.
2. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) With being suspected of murder.
(b) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
(c) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(d) With getting respect from the civic government.
3. What does Iris suggest some people disliked about Glanz?
(a) His cheating the clients with fake antiques.
(b) His philandering.
(c) His snobbery and reclusiveness.
(d) His high commitment to professional integrity.
4. Returning from the Press Club, what odd thing does Qwilleran notice?
(a) Miss Duckworth's shop door is wide open.
(b) Only Ben's roof has lost its snow.
(c) The street lamps have not come on.
(d) The Cobbs are not in their shop.
5. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
(a) He slips on the icy sidewalk.
(b) He trips on a loose board.
(c) He bumps into a lamp post.
(d) He is hit by snow falling from the roof.
6. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For attempted arson.
(b) For looting an abandoned house.
(c) For disturbing the peace.
(d) For gambling.
7. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was also involved with someone else.
(b) He was actually gay.
(c) He was married.
(d) He was a serial womanizer.
8. After leaving the Three Weird Sisters shop, where does Qwilleran go?
(a) To talk to Iris Cobb.
(b) To the shop run by Ben Nicholas.
(c) Back to Miss Duckworth's shop.
(d) To his apartment to check on his cats.
9. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Andrew Glanz.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
10. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After Roman goddesses.
(b) After fairytale princesses.
(c) After unusual flowers.
(d) After types of glass.
11. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Arch Riker.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
12. Why does Miss Duckworth not use her real name?
(a) Her prominent family would be embarrassed.
(b) She does not like her real name.
(c) Her family does not know where she is.
(d) She is hiding from her past.
13. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
(a) At the finial in the antique shop downstairs.
(b) Hiding under the pot-bellied stove.
(c) Closed up in the roll-top desk.
(d) On top of the roof.
14. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
(a) A broken chandelier.
(b) The placement of the finial.
(c) A missing rung on the ladder.
(d) No blood on the floor.
15. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a spear.
(b) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
(c) Falling onto a fireplace.
(d) Falling onto a finial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
2. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
3. What does Qwilleran set out to do his first morning at his new apartment?
4. Who is the mysterious and beautiful owner of the Blue Dragon?
5. Why does Qwilleran get out Webster's dictionary?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)