|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
(a) She turns the pages of books.
(b) She keeps hiding her glasses.
(c) She moans a lot at night.
(d) She only appears during a full moon.
2. How do Qwilleran's words and manner affect Miss Duckworth?
(a) She begins to relax and open up more.
(b) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(c) She clams up and refuses to talk at all.
(d) She begins to behave in a guilty manner.
3. How does Iris categorize Miss Duckworth since Glanz's death?
(a) Agitated and lively.
(b) Moody and withdrawn.
(c) Suspiciously calm.
(d) More friendly than usual.
4. Returning from the Press Club, what odd thing does Qwilleran notice?
(a) Only Ben's roof has lost its snow.
(b) The street lamps have not come on.
(c) The Cobbs are not in their shop.
(d) Miss Duckworth's shop door is wide open.
5. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) A woman involved in witchcraft.
(b) The ghost in her house.
(c) Another of the junk dealers.
(d) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
6. What odd thing occurs with Koko back in the new apartment?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He knocks over a lamp.
(c) He fights with Yum Yum.
(d) He climbs the bookshelves.
7. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
(a) A refrigerator and a microwave.
(b) A roll-top desk and a pot-bellied stove.
(c) A bunk bed and a small table.
(d) A sofa and a bookshelf.
8. Whose name does Miss Duckworth supply to Qwilleran?
(a) The likely suspect, C. C. Cobb.
(b) The owner of The Junkery.
(c) Glanz's lover, Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) The dead dealer Andrew Glanz.
9. What is settled before Qwilleran takes the apartment?
(a) That he will used his own furniture.
(b) That he will have the only key.
(c) That he can bring his cats.
(d) That he can have his own telephone line.
10. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
(b) With getting respect from the civic government.
(c) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(d) With being suspected of murder.
11. Why is Qwilleran disappointed before dinner after returning from Nicolas's shop?
(a) There is nothing to eat in his flat.
(b) He cannot find anyone to go with him to the Press Club.
(c) He has received no mail.
(d) He cannot find Koko and Yum Yum.
12. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he asked questions about it.
(b) Because he is Scottish.
(c) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(d) Because he likes antiques.
13. Why does Miss Duckworth decline Qwilleran's invitation to dinner?
(a) She is dining with family.
(b) She doesn't know him well enough.
(c) She is expecting a caller.
(d) She is still in mourning.
14. What does Qwilleran think about Mary's explanation for the hang up call?
(a) That she is afraid.
(b) That she likes a good mystery.
(c) That she has no idea who it was.
(d) That she is lying.
15. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
(a) That it was premeditated murder.
(b) That it is unimportant since it happened in Junktown.
(c) That it was a crime of passion.
(d) That it was an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
2. What does Qwilleran learn about Iris Cobb at the auction?
3. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
4. What is Jim Qwilleran's occupation?
5. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)