|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is scheduled to take place the afternoon Qwilleran arrives in Junktown?
(a) An auction of Glanz's merchandise.
(b) A town meeting to decide the fate of Junktown.
(c) Junktown block party.
(d) A police review of the death of Glanz.
2. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he asked questions about it.
(b) Because he is Scottish.
(c) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(d) Because he likes antiques.
3. On his way home, who does Qwilleran overhear having an argument?
(a) Hollis Prantz and Ben Nicholas.
(b) C. C. Cobb and Iris Cobb.
(c) Russell Patch and Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) C.C. Cobb and someone who seems to be Russell Patch.
4. What indicates that the police think Andy's death was just an accident?
(a) They rule out suicide.
(b) They believe Andy was a drug dealer.
(c) They do not put the shop off limits.
(d) There is no investigation.
5. Whose name does Miss Duckworth supply to Qwilleran?
(a) Glanz's lover, Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) The dead dealer Andrew Glanz.
(c) The likely suspect, C. C. Cobb.
(d) The owner of The Junkery.
6. What does Qwilleran set out to do his first morning at his new apartment?
(a) See how many shops are open.
(b) Explore the neighborhood.
(c) Find a good restaurant.
(d) Interrogate the police.
7. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
(a) Too Good to be Threw.
(b) The Opium Inn.
(c) Blue Dragon Antiques.
(d) Cobb House Junk.
8. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
(a) That he was homely but generous.
(b) Tthat he was young and attractive.
(c) That he was middle-aged and disagreeable.
(d) That he was an alcoholic.
9. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(b) The stores are all closed.
(c) The police are questioning people.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
10. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
(a) It was the result of the evil eye.
(b) It was a family curse.
(c) It was a witch's spell
(d) It was the work of ghosts.
11. Who does Miss Duckworth insist had a passionate integrity and sense of right and wrong?
(a) Arch Riker.
(b) C. C. Cobb.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Andy Glanz.
12. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(c) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
(d) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
13. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was passed out in the alley.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He was murdered.
14. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For disturbing the peace.
(b) For attempted arson.
(c) For looting an abandoned house.
(d) For gambling.
15. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
(a) A roll-top desk.
(b) The finial that Glanz fell on.
(c) An art deco lamp.
(d) The Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Qwilleran doing when Iris Cobb enters his room?
2. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
3. What is the surprising purchase made by C. C. Cobb at the auction?
4. What does Qwilleran question Miss Duckworth about when she found the body of Glanz?
5. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)