|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone notice about C. C. Cobb's personality?
(a) He is conciliatory.
(b) He is reclusive.
(c) He is jolly.
(d) He is abrasive.
2. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
(a) That it is unimportant since it happened in Junktown.
(b) That it was a crime of passion.
(c) That it was an accident.
(d) That it was premeditated murder.
3. How does Iris categorize Miss Duckworth since Glanz's death?
(a) Moody and withdrawn.
(b) Agitated and lively.
(c) More friendly than usual.
(d) Suspiciously calm.
4. Who deos Qwilleran find at the house on the end of the street?
(a) C. C. Cobb.
(b) Mary Duckworth.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
5. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) A lot of sobbing.
(b) The sound of wind.
(c) The sound of rain.
(d) A lot of gossip.
6. What is the gossip about the finial?
(a) That it was about to be sold when Glanz died.
(b) That Glanz had been impaled on it.
(c) That it came from a haunted house.
(d) Tthat it was the murder weapon.
7. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(b) Because he likes antiques.
(c) Because he asked questions about it.
(d) Because he is Scottish.
8. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
(a) She only appears during a full moon.
(b) She moans a lot at night.
(c) She keeps hiding her glasses.
(d) She turns the pages of books.
9. What is settled before Qwilleran takes the apartment?
(a) That he can bring his cats.
(b) That he will used his own furniture.
(c) That he will have the only key.
(d) That he can have his own telephone line.
10. What does Qwilleran set out to do his first morning at his new apartment?
(a) Explore the neighborhood.
(b) Find a good restaurant.
(c) Interrogate the police.
(d) See how many shops are open.
11. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
(a) It has been out in the rain.
(b) It now has the feather missing from his own hat.
(c) It is out of character for the flamboyant Nicolas.
(d) It is brand new.
12. How do Qwilleran's words and manner affect Miss Duckworth?
(a) She begins to behave in a guilty manner.
(b) She clams up and refuses to talk at all.
(c) She begins to relax and open up more.
(d) She becomes nervous and agitated.
13. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
(a) Yum Yum.
14. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) With getting respect from the civic government.
(b) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(c) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
(d) With being suspected of murder.
15. What is the customer like who enters Ben's shop while Qwilleran is there?
(a) Timid and afraid.
(b) Angry and loud.
(c) Jolly and joking.
(d) Rude and brash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran question Miss Duckworth about when she found the body of Glanz?
2. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
3. What is Mary's explanation for the call taken by Qwilleran?
4. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
5. What is the idea Qwilleran comes up with as an article for the writing contest?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)