|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is settled before Qwilleran takes the apartment?
(a) That he will have the only key.
(b) That he can bring his cats.
(c) That he can have his own telephone line.
(d) That he will used his own furniture.
2. What is the surprising purchase made by C. C. Cobb at the auction?
(a) The finial Glanz apparently fell on.
(b) The broken chandelier.
(c) The Macintosh Coat of Arms.
(d) The ladder Glanz fell from.
3. Who does Qwilleran run into at the grocery store?
(a) Russell Patch.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Miss Duckworth.
(d) Iris Cobb.
4. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
(a) Arch Riker.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
5. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
(a) To apologize.
(b) To invite him to her place.
(c) To borrow a knife.
(d) To argue.
6. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
(a) It is not an antique.
(b) It is his family's coat of arms.
(c) How easily Miss Duckworth lifts it.
(d) It is obviously a fake.
7. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
(a) The chance to get a staff job.
(b) The assigned subject matter.
(c) Something to do.
(d) A substantial cash prize.
8. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(b) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(c) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(d) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
9. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(c) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
(d) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
10. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As a common occurence in Junktown.
(b) As a certain murder.
(c) As an apparent suicide.
(d) As an unfortunate accident.
11. What does Qwilleran discover when he returns to his apartment after dinner?
(a) Evidence that someone was in there.
(b) Ben Nicolas waiting for him.
(c) A note pinned to his door.
(d) The cats are missing again.
12. Who does Miss Duckworth insist had a passionate integrity and sense of right and wrong?
(a) C. C. Cobb.
(b) Arch Riker.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Andy Glanz.
13. What does Iris suggest some people disliked about Glanz?
(a) His philandering.
(b) His high commitment to professional integrity.
(c) His cheating the clients with fake antiques.
(d) His snobbery and reclusiveness.
14. What indicates that the police think Andy's death was just an accident?
(a) They rule out suicide.
(b) There is no investigation.
(c) They do not put the shop off limits.
(d) They believe Andy was a drug dealer.
15. What does Iris bring to Qwilleran in his room?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Wine and cheese.
(c) Coffee and cookies.
(d) Tea and scones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the area called Junktown?
2. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
3. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
4. What kind of car does Russell Patch drive?
5. Returning from the Press Club, what odd thing does Qwilleran notice?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)