|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offerings does Yum Yum bring to Qwilleran?
(a) Bits of paper.
(b) Two dead mice.
(c) Things she digs out of the trash.
(d) Several feathers from a dister.
2. When Iris drops in on Qwilleran, what is her appearance/
(a) She is wearing her nightgown and robe.
(b) She is dressed up and has makeup on.
(c) She is frazzled and wears no makeup.
(d) She looks distressed.
3. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After unusual flowers.
(b) After Roman goddesses.
(c) After types of glass.
(d) After fairytale princesses.
4. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
(a) Andy had reported him to the police.
(b) Andy had fired him.
(c) Andy has stolen from Russell.
(d) Andy knew his antiques were fake.
5. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a spear.
(b) Falling onto a fireplace.
(c) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
(d) Falling onto a finial.
6. Who does Qwilleran tell about the mystery surrounding Glanz' death?
(a) Koko and Yum Yum.
(b) Arch Riker.
(c) Mary Duckworth.
(d) The police.
7. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
(a) Next door to her antique shop.
(b) Behind her antique shop.
(c) On the other side of Junktown.
(d) Over her antique shop.
8. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
(a) It is obviously a fake.
(b) It is his family's coat of arms.
(c) How easily Miss Duckworth lifts it.
(d) It is not an antique.
9. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(b) Because he is Scottish.
(c) Because he asked questions about it.
(d) Because he likes antiques.
10. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
(a) Horse brasses.
(b) Fireplace andirons.
(c) Fiddle cases.
(d) Dog collars.
11. What is Russell doing when Qwilleran drops in?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Refinishing a p;iece of furniture.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Clearing out his shop.
12. What remark of Qwilleran's makes Mary uncomfortable?
(a) That she should not have gone to Andy's shop.
(b) That Andy could not have fallen from the ladder.
(c) That Andy probably had it coming to him.
(d) That Andy might have been murdered.
13. What invitation does Qwilleran receive the day after he injured his knee?
(a) Dinner at the Cobbs's residence.
(b) A drive around Junktown with Nicolas.
(c) Lunch at the Three Sisters.
(d) Dinner with Miss Duckworth.
14. Who does Qwilleran run into at the grocery store?
(a) Miss Duckworth.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Iris Cobb.
(d) Russell Patch.
15. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
(a) It is out of character for the flamboyant Nicolas.
(b) It has been out in the rain.
(c) It now has the feather missing from his own hat.
(d) It is brand new.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
2. Who is the mysterious and beautiful owner of the Blue Dragon?
3. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
4. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
5. Why does Qwilleran get out Webster's dictionary?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)