Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
(a) A broken chandelier.
(b) A missing rung on the ladder.
(c) No blood on the floor.
(d) The placement of the finial.
2. What is Jim Qwilleran's occupation?
(a) Antique dealer.
(b) Newspaper reporter.
(d) Private detective.
3. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After types of glass.
(b) After unusual flowers.
(c) After fairytale princesses.
(d) After Roman goddesses.
4. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
(a) How easily Miss Duckworth lifts it.
(b) It is his family's coat of arms.
(c) It is not an antique.
(d) It is obviously a fake.
5. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
(a) At the finial in the antique shop downstairs.
(b) On top of the roof.
(c) Closed up in the roll-top desk.
(d) Hiding under the pot-bellied stove.
6. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was a serial womanizer.
(b) He was actually gay.
(c) He was also involved with someone else.
(d) He was married.
7. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
(a) That it was premeditated murder.
(b) That it was a crime of passion.
(c) That it is unimportant since it happened in Junktown.
(d) That it was an accident.
8. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) The sound of rain.
(b) A lot of gossip.
(c) A lot of sobbing.
(d) The sound of wind.
9. What does Qwilleran learn about Iris Cobb at the auction?
(a) She had a crush on Andrew Glanz.
(b) She is bidding for her husband, C. C. Cobb.
(c) She has an apartment for rent.
(d) She is allergic to cats.
10. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(b) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(c) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(d) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
11. What does Qwilleran feed his Siamese cats he brought from the Press Club?
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Beef and kidney pie.
(d) Boiled beef.
12. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
(c) Yum Yum.
13. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
(a) He bumps into a lamp post.
(b) He is hit by snow falling from the roof.
(c) He slips on the icy sidewalk.
(d) He trips on a loose board.
14. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(c) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
(d) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
15. What puts Qwilleran off about Ben Nicolas?
(a) His dislike of cats.
(b) His lack of knowledge about antiques.
(c) His dramatic way of speaking.
(d) His inferiority complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd thing occurs with Koko back in the new apartment?
2. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
3. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
4. How does locating Koko give Qwilleran pause to reflect on the death of Glanz?
5. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)