|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The stores are all closed.
(b) The police are questioning people.
(c) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
2. How does locating Koko give Qwilleran pause to reflect on the death of Glanz?
(a) It makes him think he has overlooked something.
(b) It makes him think something is not quite right.
(c) It makes him wonder about C. C. Cobb.
(d) It makes him think about Miss Duckworth's eyes.
3. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Russell Patch.
4. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(b) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(c) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(d) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
5. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
(a) To invite him to her place.
(b) To argue.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To borrow a knife.
6. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For attempted arson.
(b) For gambling.
(c) For disturbing the peace.
(d) For looting an abandoned house.
7. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
(a) That Glanz was a drug dealer.
(b) That Miss Duckworth has a criminal record.
(c) That Miss Duckworth was Glanz's girlfriend.
(d) That Glanz was two-timing several women.
8. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
(a) A sofa and a bookshelf.
(b) A bunk bed and a small table.
(c) A refrigerator and a microwave.
(d) A roll-top desk and a pot-bellied stove.
9. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As an apparent suicide.
(b) As an unfortunate accident.
(c) As a certain murder.
(d) As a common occurence in Junktown.
10. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
(a) He says he quit because of Andy's self-righteous integrity.
(b) He says he quit because his business is growing.
(c) He says he never worked for Andy, only helped a little.
(d) He says he was laid off because of bad business.
11. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
(a) It was a witch's spell
(b) It was a family curse.
(c) It was the work of ghosts.
(d) It was the result of the evil eye.
12. Who does Qwilleran tell about the mystery surrounding Glanz' death?
(a) The police.
(b) Koko and Yum Yum.
(c) Arch Riker.
(d) Mary Duckworth.
13. What does Qwilleran feed his Siamese cats he brought from the Press Club?
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Beef and kidney pie.
(d) Boiled beef.
14. What does Miss Duckworth agree to give Qwilleran to use in his newspaper article?
(a) A photo of Glanz.
(b) A list of suspects.
(c) A tour of Junktown.
(d) An interview.
15. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
(a) The finial that Glanz fell on.
(b) An art deco lamp.
(c) A roll-top desk.
(d) The Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Koko and Yum Yum?
2. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
3. Who does Miss Duckworth insist had a passionate integrity and sense of right and wrong?
4. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
5. What puts Qwilleran off about Ben Nicolas?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)