|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
(a) Something to do.
(b) The assigned subject matter.
(c) The chance to get a staff job.
(d) A substantial cash prize.
2. What does Qwilleran dream about after his visit with Miss Duckworth?
(a) the Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
(b) her long, shapely legs.
(c) her standing over Andy's body.
(d) her incredible eyes.
3. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
(a) Blue Dragon Antiques.
(b) The Opium Inn.
(c) Cobb House Junk.
(d) Too Good to be Threw.
4. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
(b) Yum Yum.
5. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
(a) It is covered with tar paper.
(b) It is painted a garish green.
(c) It is unfinished wood.
(d) It is papered with pages from old books.
6. What crime does Qwilleran try to solve?
(a) The disappearing MacIntosh Arms.
(b) The death of a respected antiques dealer.
(c) The drug dealing in Junktown.
(d) The murder of Koko and Yum Yum.
7. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
(a) Behind her antique shop.
(b) On the other side of Junktown.
(c) Over her antique shop.
(d) Next door to her antique shop.
8. What does Qwilleran learn about Iris Cobb at the auction?
(a) She is allergic to cats.
(b) She had a crush on Andrew Glanz.
(c) She is bidding for her husband, C. C. Cobb.
(d) She has an apartment for rent.
9. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After unusual flowers.
(b) After Roman goddesses.
(c) After fairytale princesses.
(d) After types of glass.
10. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
(c) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
(d) She identifies several people from Junktown.
11. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) A lot of gossip.
(b) The sound of rain.
(c) A lot of sobbing.
(d) The sound of wind.
12. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(b) With getting respect from the civic government.
(c) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
(d) With being suspected of murder.
13. What does Qwilleran question Miss Duckworth about when she found the body of Glanz?
(a) The time of night when she went to his shop.
(b) Whether the back door was locked.
(c) The arrangement of ladder and furniture.
(d) How long she waited before calling the police.
14. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Arch Riker.
15. What does Iris suggest some people disliked about Glanz?
(a) His philandering.
(b) His snobbery and reclusiveness.
(c) His cheating the clients with fake antiques.
(d) His high commitment to professional integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
2. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
3. How does Miss Duckworth make a melodramatic appearance in the novel?
4. What does Miss Duckworth agree to give Qwilleran to use in his newspaper article?
5. After leaving the Three Weird Sisters shop, where does Qwilleran go?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)