|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
(b) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
(c) Who killed Andy Glanz.
(d) The value of horse braces.
2. Who deos Qwilleran find at the house on the end of the street?
(a) C. C. Cobb.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Mary Duckworth.
(d) Russell Patch.
3. Who does Russell say informed on C. C. Cobb?
(a) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) Andy Glanz.
(c) Iris Cobb.
(d) Mary Duckworth.
4. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) The sound of rain.
(b) A lot of gossip.
(c) The sound of wind.
(d) A lot of sobbing.
5. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
(a) He says he never worked for Andy, only helped a little.
(b) He says he quit because his business is growing.
(c) He says he quit because of Andy's self-righteous integrity.
(d) He says he was laid off because of bad business.
6. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
(a) Arch Riker.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) Ben Nicholas.
7. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
(a) To argue.
(b) To apologize.
(c) To invite him to her place.
(d) To borrow a knife.
8. Why is the area called Junktown?
(a) Because of the old cars abandoned there.
(b) Because of the drugs sold there.
(c) Because of the antique and junk shops
(d) Because it was once a landfill.
9. On his way home, who does Qwilleran overhear having an argument?
(a) Hollis Prantz and Ben Nicholas.
(b) C. C. Cobb and Iris Cobb.
(c) Russell Patch and Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) C.C. Cobb and someone who seems to be Russell Patch.
10. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a spear.
(b) Falling onto a finial.
(c) Falling onto a fireplace.
(d) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
11. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After Roman goddesses.
(b) After types of glass.
(c) After fairytale princesses.
(d) After unusual flowers.
12. What invitation does Qwilleran receive the day after he injured his knee?
(a) Dinner with Miss Duckworth.
(b) Dinner at the Cobbs's residence.
(c) Lunch at the Three Sisters.
(d) A drive around Junktown with Nicolas.
13. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
(a) The drug problem in Junktown.
(b) The homeless in Junktown.
(c) Finding junk to sell in Junktown.
(d) Christmas in Junktown.
14. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
(a) Fireplace andirons.
(b) Fiddle cases.
(c) Horse brasses.
(d) Dog collars.
15. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) There is a street fair going on.
(b) The stores are all closed.
(c) The police are questioning people.
(d) There is a fire in one of the shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remark of Qwilleran's makes Mary uncomfortable?
2. What indicates that the police think Andy's death was just an accident?
3. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
4. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
5. What does Qwilleran think about Mary's explanation for the hang up call?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)