|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iris categorize Miss Duckworth since Glanz's death?
(a) Agitated and lively.
(b) Suspiciously calm.
(c) More friendly than usual.
(d) Moody and withdrawn.
2. How do Qwilleran's words and manner affect Miss Duckworth?
(a) She begins to behave in a guilty manner.
(b) She clams up and refuses to talk at all.
(c) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(d) She begins to relax and open up more.
3. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
(a) That Miss Duckworth has a criminal record.
(b) That Glanz was a drug dealer.
(c) That Miss Duckworth was Glanz's girlfriend.
(d) That Glanz was two-timing several women.
4. What is Russell doing when Qwilleran drops in?
(a) Clearing out his shop.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Refinishing a p;iece of furniture.
(d) Talking on the phone.
5. After leaving the Three Weird Sisters shop, where does Qwilleran go?
(a) To the shop run by Ben Nicholas.
(b) To his apartment to check on his cats.
(c) To talk to Iris Cobb.
(d) Back to Miss Duckworth's shop.
6. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Russell Patch.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Arch Riker.
7. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The stores are all closed.
(b) The police are questioning people.
(c) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
8. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As an unfortunate accident.
(b) As an apparent suicide.
(c) As a certain murder.
(d) As a common occurence in Junktown.
9. What does everyone notice about C. C. Cobb's personality?
(a) He is conciliatory.
(b) He is abrasive.
(c) He is reclusive.
(d) He is jolly.
10. How does Miss Duckworth make a melodramatic appearance in the novel?
(a) Sitting like a statue on a lounge.
(b) Gliding down a circular staircase.
(c) Through a beaded curtain.
(d) In a swirl of green smoke.
11. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
(a) C. C. has moved out.
(b) Miss Duckworth has been attacked.
(c) The cats are disturbing her.
(d) C.C. did not come home.
12. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) The value of horse braces.
(b) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
(c) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
(d) Who killed Andy Glanz.
13. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
(a) Over her antique shop.
(b) Behind her antique shop.
(c) On the other side of Junktown.
(d) Next door to her antique shop.
14. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
(a) The drug problem in Junktown.
(b) Finding junk to sell in Junktown.
(c) The homeless in Junktown.
(d) Christmas in Junktown.
15. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
(d) Yum Yum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Qwilleran run into at the grocery store?
2. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
3. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
4. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
5. What does Qwilleran question Miss Duckworth about when she found the body of Glanz?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)