|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
(a) He slips on the icy sidewalk.
(b) He bumps into a lamp post.
(c) He is hit by snow falling from the roof.
(d) He trips on a loose board.
2. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Ben Nicholas.
(c) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) Andrew Glanz.
3. Who does Russell say informed on C. C. Cobb?
(a) Andy Glanz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Iris Cobb.
(d) Mary Duckworth.
4. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The police are questioning people.
(b) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(c) The stores are all closed.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
5. What is the customer like who enters Ben's shop while Qwilleran is there?
(a) Jolly and joking.
(b) Angry and loud.
(c) Rude and brash.
(d) Timid and afraid.
6. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
(a) Arch Riker.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Ben Nicholas.
7. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For disturbing the peace.
(b) For looting an abandoned house.
(c) For gambling.
(d) For attempted arson.
8. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
(a) It was the result of the evil eye.
(b) It was a witch's spell
(c) It was the work of ghosts.
(d) It was a family curse.
9. Why is the area called Junktown?
(a) Because of the drugs sold there.
(b) Because of the antique and junk shops
(c) Because it was once a landfill.
(d) Because of the old cars abandoned there.
10. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
(a) That Glanz was a drug dealer.
(b) That Miss Duckworth was Glanz's girlfriend.
(c) That Glanz was two-timing several women.
(d) That Miss Duckworth has a criminal record.
11. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
(a) He says he was laid off because of bad business.
(b) He says he quit because his business is growing.
(c) He says he quit because of Andy's self-righteous integrity.
(d) He says he never worked for Andy, only helped a little.
12. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was also involved with someone else.
(b) He was married.
(c) He was actually gay.
(d) He was a serial womanizer.
13. What is Qwilleran doing when Iris Cobb enters his room?
(a) Just getting out of the shower.
(b) Looking for the cats.
(c) Making a list of everyone he's talked to.
(d) Working on his Junktown story.
14. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was passed out in the alley.
(d) He was murdered.
15. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a fireplace.
(b) Falling onto a spear.
(c) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
(d) Falling onto a finial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
2. How does Miss Duckworth make a melodramatic appearance in the novel?
3. What does Qwilleran dream about after his visit with Miss Duckworth?
4. What is the gossip about the finial?
5. What is Jim Qwilleran's occupation?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)