|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
(a) From C.C. Cobb.
(b) From a rival newspaper article.
(c) Grom his editor and friend Arch Riker.
(d) From Miss Duckworth.
2. What is Jim Qwilleran's occupation?
(a) Antique dealer.
(b) Private detective.
(c) Newspaper reporter.
3. On his way home, who does Qwilleran overhear having an argument?
(a) Russell Patch and Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) Hollis Prantz and Ben Nicholas.
(c) C. C. Cobb and Iris Cobb.
(d) C.C. Cobb and someone who seems to be Russell Patch.
4. Who does Qwilleran run into at the grocery store?
(a) Miss Duckworth.
(b) Russell Patch.
(c) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) Iris Cobb.
5. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
(a) It is out of character for the flamboyant Nicolas.
(b) It now has the feather missing from his own hat.
(c) It is brand new.
(d) It has been out in the rain.
6. Who are Koko and Yum Yum?
(a) Two poodles owned by Miss Duckworth.
(b) Two spinster owners of a juck shop.
(c) Two street urchins.
(d) Intuitive and troublemaking cats.
7. How does locating Koko give Qwilleran pause to reflect on the death of Glanz?
(a) It makes him wonder about C. C. Cobb.
(b) It makes him think he has overlooked something.
(c) It makes him think something is not quite right.
(d) It makes him think about Miss Duckworth's eyes.
8. What does Iris suggest some people disliked about Glanz?
(a) His snobbery and reclusiveness.
(b) His cheating the clients with fake antiques.
(c) His philandering.
(d) His high commitment to professional integrity.
9. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) A lot of gossip.
(b) A lot of sobbing.
(c) The sound of wind.
(d) The sound of rain.
10. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) The ghost in her house.
(b) A woman involved in witchcraft.
(c) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
(d) Another of the junk dealers.
11. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
(b) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
(c) Who killed Andy Glanz.
(d) The value of horse braces.
12. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Andrew Glanz.
(c) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
13. What does Miss Duckworth agree to give Qwilleran to use in his newspaper article?
(a) An interview.
(b) A photo of Glanz.
(c) A tour of Junktown.
(d) A list of suspects.
14. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For attempted arson.
(b) For gambling.
(c) For disturbing the peace.
(d) For looting an abandoned house.
15. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
(a) To borrow a knife.
(b) To apologize.
(c) To invite him to her place.
(d) To argue.
Short Answer Questions
1. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
2. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
3. When Qwilleran meets Miss Duckworth again, what does she regret?
4. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
5. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)