|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
(a) From Miss Duckworth.
(b) Grom his editor and friend Arch Riker.
(c) From a rival newspaper article.
(d) From C.C. Cobb.
2. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
(a) Andy had fired him.
(b) Andy has stolen from Russell.
(c) Andy knew his antiques were fake.
(d) Andy had reported him to the police.
3. What does everyone notice about C. C. Cobb's personality?
(a) He is conciliatory.
(b) He is jolly.
(c) He is abrasive.
(d) He is reclusive.
4. Why does Qwilleran get out Webster's dictionary?
(a) To look up the meanings of Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene.
(b) To see if Koko will help him find a clue.
(c) To boost himself up in his low chair.
(d) To find out about finials.
5. Whose name does Miss Duckworth supply to Qwilleran?
(a) The dead dealer Andrew Glanz.
(b) The likely suspect, C. C. Cobb.
(c) Glanz's lover, Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) The owner of The Junkery.
6. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
(a) To borrow a knife.
(b) To argue.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To invite him to her place.
7. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Russell Patch.
8. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
(a) Tthat he was young and attractive.
(b) That he was homely but generous.
(c) That he was an alcoholic.
(d) That he was middle-aged and disagreeable.
9. On his way home, who does Qwilleran overhear having an argument?
(a) Hollis Prantz and Ben Nicholas.
(b) C. C. Cobb and Iris Cobb.
(c) Russell Patch and Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) C.C. Cobb and someone who seems to be Russell Patch.
10. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he likes antiques.
(b) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(c) Because he asked questions about it.
(d) Because he is Scottish.
11. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) The value of horse braces.
(b) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
(c) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
(d) Who killed Andy Glanz.
12. What indicates that the police think Andy's death was just an accident?
(a) There is no investigation.
(b) They rule out suicide.
(c) They do not put the shop off limits.
(d) They believe Andy was a drug dealer.
13. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
(a) A broken chandelier.
(b) A missing rung on the ladder.
(c) No blood on the floor.
(d) The placement of the finial.
14. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
(a) Christmas in Junktown.
(b) Finding junk to sell in Junktown.
(c) The drug problem in Junktown.
(d) The homeless in Junktown.
15. What offerings does Yum Yum bring to Qwilleran?
(a) Bits of paper.
(b) Things she digs out of the trash.
(c) Several feathers from a dister.
(d) Two dead mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the idea Qwilleran comes up with as an article for the writing contest?
2. Why does Miss Duckworth decline Qwilleran's invitation to dinner?
3. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
4. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
5. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)