|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For gambling.
(b) For attempted arson.
(c) For disturbing the peace.
(d) For looting an abandoned house.
2. What remark of Qwilleran's makes Mary uncomfortable?
(a) That Andy probably had it coming to him.
(b) That Andy might have been murdered.
(c) That she should not have gone to Andy's shop.
(d) That Andy could not have fallen from the ladder.
3. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The stores are all closed.
(b) There is a street fair going on.
(c) The police are questioning people.
(d) There is a fire in one of the shops.
4. What is scheduled to take place the afternoon Qwilleran arrives in Junktown?
(a) An auction of Glanz's merchandise.
(b) A police review of the death of Glanz.
(c) Junktown block party.
(d) A town meeting to decide the fate of Junktown.
5. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
(a) That he was middle-aged and disagreeable.
(b) Tthat he was young and attractive.
(c) That he was an alcoholic.
(d) That he was homely but generous.
6. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
(a) The assigned subject matter.
(b) Something to do.
(c) A substantial cash prize.
(d) The chance to get a staff job.
7. What is the surprising purchase made by C. C. Cobb at the auction?
(a) The ladder Glanz fell from.
(b) The broken chandelier.
(c) The finial Glanz apparently fell on.
(d) The Macintosh Coat of Arms.
8. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
(c) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(d) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
9. What is the idea Qwilleran comes up with as an article for the writing contest?
(a) Odd characters in Junktown.
(b) Christmas in Junktown.
(c) Murder in Junktown.
(d) Stray cats in Junktown.
10. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
(a) He slips on the icy sidewalk.
(b) He is hit by snow falling from the roof.
(c) He trips on a loose board.
(d) He bumps into a lamp post.
11. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(b) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(c) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(d) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
12. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
(a) It is obviously a fake.
(b) It is his family's coat of arms.
(c) How easily Miss Duckworth lifts it.
(d) It is not an antique.
13. Why does Miss Duckworth decline Qwilleran's invitation to dinner?
(a) She doesn't know him well enough.
(b) She is expecting a caller.
(c) She is still in mourning.
(d) She is dining with family.
14. Whose name does Miss Duckworth supply to Qwilleran?
(a) The likely suspect, C. C. Cobb.
(b) Glanz's lover, Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) The owner of The Junkery.
(d) The dead dealer Andrew Glanz.
15. What does Qwilleran discover when he returns to his apartment after dinner?
(a) The cats are missing again.
(b) A note pinned to his door.
(c) Evidence that someone was in there.
(d) Ben Nicolas waiting for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
2. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
3. What does Qwilleran question Miss Duckworth about when she found the body of Glanz?
4. When Iris drops in on Qwilleran, what is her appearance/
5. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)