|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
(a) That it was a crime of passion.
(b) That it was an accident.
(c) That it was premeditated murder.
(d) That it is unimportant since it happened in Junktown.
2. Who deos Qwilleran find at the house on the end of the street?
(a) C. C. Cobb.
(b) Mary Duckworth.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
3. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
(a) A lot of sobbing.
(b) The sound of rain.
(c) A lot of gossip.
(d) The sound of wind.
4. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(b) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(c) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(d) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
5. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He was passed out in the alley.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was arrested.
6. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
(a) That he was middle-aged and disagreeable.
(b) That he was homely but generous.
(c) Tthat he was young and attractive.
(d) That he was an alcoholic.
7. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was married.
(b) He was also involved with someone else.
(c) He was a serial womanizer.
(d) He was actually gay.
8. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
(a) The assigned subject matter.
(b) The chance to get a staff job.
(c) A substantial cash prize.
(d) Something to do.
9. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After types of glass.
(b) After unusual flowers.
(c) After fairytale princesses.
(d) After Roman goddesses.
10. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) A woman involved in witchcraft.
(b) The ghost in her house.
(c) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
(d) Another of the junk dealers.
11. What is the customer like who enters Ben's shop while Qwilleran is there?
(a) Timid and afraid.
(b) Rude and brash.
(c) Jolly and joking.
(d) Angry and loud.
12. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
(a) A missing rung on the ladder.
(b) The placement of the finial.
(c) A broken chandelier.
(d) No blood on the floor.
13. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
(a) The caller hangs up.
(b) Mary takes the call upstairs.
(c) There is heavy breathing on the line.
(d) Mary refuses to answer it.
14. What is the gossip about the finial?
(a) That it was about to be sold when Glanz died.
(b) That Glanz had been impaled on it.
(c) That it came from a haunted house.
(d) Tthat it was the murder weapon.
15. What does Iris suggest some people disliked about Glanz?
(a) His high commitment to professional integrity.
(b) His cheating the clients with fake antiques.
(c) His philandering.
(d) His snobbery and reclusiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprising purchase made by C. C. Cobb at the auction?
2. Why is the area called Junktown?
3. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
4. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
5. What invitation does Qwilleran receive the day after he injured his knee?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)