|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwilleran discover when he returns to his apartment after dinner?
(a) Ben Nicolas waiting for him.
(b) A note pinned to his door.
(c) The cats are missing again.
(d) Evidence that someone was in there.
2. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Hollis Prantz.
(d) Andrew Glanz.
3. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
(b) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(c) She invites him to dinner.
(d) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
4. What is scheduled to take place the afternoon Qwilleran arrives in Junktown?
(a) An auction of Glanz's merchandise.
(b) A town meeting to decide the fate of Junktown.
(c) Junktown block party.
(d) A police review of the death of Glanz.
5. How does Miss Duckworth make a melodramatic appearance in the novel?
(a) Gliding down a circular staircase.
(b) Through a beaded curtain.
(c) Sitting like a statue on a lounge.
(d) In a swirl of green smoke.
6. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was married.
(b) He was actually gay.
(c) He was a serial womanizer.
(d) He was also involved with someone else.
7. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
(a) He says he was laid off because of bad business.
(b) He says he quit because of Andy's self-righteous integrity.
(c) He says he never worked for Andy, only helped a little.
(d) He says he quit because his business is growing.
8. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
(a) Arch Riker.
(b) Russell Patch.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
9. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
(a) From Miss Duckworth.
(b) From C.C. Cobb.
(c) From a rival newspaper article.
(d) Grom his editor and friend Arch Riker.
10. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) Another of the junk dealers.
(b) The ghost in her house.
(c) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
(d) A woman involved in witchcraft.
11. Why is Qwilleran disappointed before dinner after returning from Nicolas's shop?
(a) He cannot find Koko and Yum Yum.
(b) There is nothing to eat in his flat.
(c) He cannot find anyone to go with him to the Press Club.
(d) He has received no mail.
12. What interests Qwilleran in a writing contest at the Daily Fluxion?
(a) A substantial cash prize.
(b) The chance to get a staff job.
(c) Something to do.
(d) The assigned subject matter.
13. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For disturbing the peace.
(b) For looting an abandoned house.
(c) For attempted arson.
(d) For gambling.
14. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a spear.
(b) Falling onto a finial.
(c) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
(d) Falling onto a fireplace.
15. On his way home, who does Qwilleran overhear having an argument?
(a) C. C. Cobb and Iris Cobb.
(b) Russell Patch and Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Hollis Prantz and Ben Nicholas.
(d) C.C. Cobb and someone who seems to be Russell Patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
2. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
3. What does Iris bring to Qwilleran in his room?
4. What is Russell doing when Qwilleran drops in?
5. What offerings does Yum Yum bring to Qwilleran?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)