|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Marron hear?
2. What does Max offer Qwill?
3. What does Qwill have to do with Yum Yum before she submits to the brushing?
4. What is in Rosemary's cold soup?
5. What kind of motions does Koko make while Qwill brushes him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
2. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
3. What is the kiln room like?
4. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
5. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
6. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
7. What does Qwill mean when he says had been "seeing ghosts?"
8. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
9. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
10. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hixie's desire to get married and settle down. Is this a normal desire for a girl her age? Why or why not? Is this a typical desire of most women? Cite sources to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of a place run specifically for the arts of which any artist could be a part. Would this be a benefit to society? Why or why not? What is the likelihood of such a place actually existing? Why is this?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)