|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max offer Qwill?
2. Who had come into Qwill's room?
3. What is the notebook that Koko is scratching entitled?
4. What does lead do with pottery?
5. What color does Qwill like the best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
2. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
3. Why does Qwill stop and listen to the gypsy woman? What does she tell Qwill?
4. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
5. Why had Rosemary asked to go with Qwill?
6. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
7. Qwill is used to what?
8. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
9. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
10. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hixie's desire to get married and settle down. Is this a normal desire for a girl her age? Why or why not? Is this a typical desire of most women? Cite sources to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)