|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did they throw the bodies of unwanted babies into kilns?
2. Who does Qwill want to shoot the pottery?
3. What letter does Koko leave on the typewriter?
4. Why would there be no rats down in the slip tank?
5. What does Qwill think of the market?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
2. Qwill is used to what?
3. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
4. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
5. Why does everyone like Odd Bunsen?
6. What is the Graham's loft like?
7. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
8. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
9. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
10. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define "haute cuisine." What specifically classifies it as an art? Does it classify as an art in your mind? Why or why not? If so, how does it register as an art form in your mind, and if not, what could change to elevate it to art?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dan's pride. How does it get him into trouble? Is pride always a character flaw or can it be a positive character trait? Explain your answer. How might having less pride benefit Dan?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)