|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mud at the market is composed of what?
2. What does Qwill want?
3. What does Rosemary offer to do for Qwill?
4. Why is Riker told not to tell Rosie about Joy's disappearance yet?
5. Where did they throw the bodies of unwanted babies into kilns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Qwill is used to what?
2. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
3. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
4. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
5. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
6. What reaction from Koko confirms the way Qwill had been feeling in regards to Dan?
7. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
8. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
9. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
10. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dan's pride. How does it get him into trouble? Is pride always a character flaw or can it be a positive character trait? Explain your answer. How might having less pride benefit Dan?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the endurance of art and why it is important. What specific kinds of art have lasted throughout the ages, from the stone age forward? Explain your answer and cite references.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)