|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Qwill now believes that pb stands for what?
2. What can Odd Bunsen set up slower than any other photographer in the business?
3. Who spots Qwill taking Hixie back to her room?
4. What idea has Qwill abandoned once and for all in regards to his cats?
5. What does Maus buy from the market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
2. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
3. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
4. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
5. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
6. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
7. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
8. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
9. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
10. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joy and Dan's relationship. How is it evident to everyone that their marriage is in trouble? Could it have been saved? Why or why not? What measures might have saved their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss The Cat Who Saw Red as a detective novel. What conventions from the detective genre and film noir tradition does Braun incorporate into her work and in what ways does she subvert them?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)