|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Qwill like the best?
2. Who does Qwill want to shoot the pottery?
3. Why is Maus being let go from the attorney's office a blessing in disguise?
4. What does Robert Maus find to be chaotic?
5. What is Mrs. Marron's grandson's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
2. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
3. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
4. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
5. With whom had Hixie been having an affair and why had she ended it?
6. Qwill is used to what?
7. What is the Graham's loft like?
8. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
9. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
10. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)