|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Qwill now believes that pb stands for what?
2. What does Qwill decide to do in regards to Dan?
3. What letter does Koko leave on the typewriter?
4. What does Qwill offer Inga?
5. Who had taken both the cats, according to the housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Qwill hug Yum Yum more fiercely?
2. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
3. Why had Rosemary asked to go with Qwill?
4. What does Qwill mean when he says had been "seeing ghosts?"
5. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
6. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
7. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
8. Qwill is used to what?
9. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
10. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joy and Dan's relationship. How is it evident to everyone that their marriage is in trouble? Could it have been saved? Why or why not? What measures might have saved their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the endurance of art and why it is important. What specific kinds of art have lasted throughout the ages, from the stone age forward? Explain your answer and cite references.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)