|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Marron hear?
2. What do both cats smell like?
3. What is in Charlotte Roop's dressing?
4. What does Rosemary offer to do for Qwill?
5. Why doesn't Rosemary believe there was anything going on between Joy and Max?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Rosemary asked to go with Qwill?
2. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
3. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
4. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
5. What reaction from Koko confirms the way Qwill had been feeling in regards to Dan?
6. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
7. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
8. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
9. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
10. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss The Cat Who Saw Red as a detective novel. What conventions from the detective genre and film noir tradition does Braun incorporate into her work and in what ways does she subvert them?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)