|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dan going to do, according to William?
2. What has William brought up to the cats?
3. What letter does Koko leave on the typewriter?
4. What cake wins in the teenage class?
5. What do both cats smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
2. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
3. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
4. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
5. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
6. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
7. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
8. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
9. What is the Graham's loft like?
10. Why had Rosemary asked to go with Qwill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)