|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan explain the smell in the slip tank?
2. What does Mrs. Marron hear?
3. What cake wins in the teenage class?
4. What makes Qwill second guess his opinions on Dan?
5. Why does Mrs. Marron invent the story about the Sanitation Department?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
2. Why had Rosemary asked to go with Qwill?
3. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
4. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
5. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
6. What does Qwill mean when he says had been "seeing ghosts?"
7. Why does Qwill stop and listen to the gypsy woman? What does she tell Qwill?
8. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
9. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
10. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss The Cat Who Saw Red as a detective novel. What conventions from the detective genre and film noir tradition does Braun incorporate into her work and in what ways does she subvert them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)