|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Rosemary believe there was anything going on between Joy and Max?
2. What can Odd Bunsen set up slower than any other photographer in the business?
3. What does Rosemary comment in regards to Dan Graham and conversation?
4. About what does Qwill want to ask his buddy at the police?
5. What does Robert Maus find to be chaotic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
2. What is the Graham's loft like?
3. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
4. What is the kiln room like?
5. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
6. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
7. With whom had Hixie been having an affair and why had she ended it?
8. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
9. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
10. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joy and Dan's relationship. How is it evident to everyone that their marriage is in trouble? Could it have been saved? Why or why not? What measures might have saved their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)