|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Marron invent the story about the Sanitation Department?
2. Who volunteers to go with Qwill?
3. About what does Qwill want to ask his buddy at the police?
4. Why doesn't Rosemary believe there was anything going on between Joy and Max?
5. What did William spend on his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom had Hixie been having an affair and why had she ended it?
2. What is the Graham's loft like?
3. Why does Qwill hug Yum Yum more fiercely?
4. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
5. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
6. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
7. What reaction from Koko confirms the way Qwill had been feeling in regards to Dan?
8. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
9. Why does everyone like Odd Bunsen?
10. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of a place run specifically for the arts of which any artist could be a part. Would this be a benefit to society? Why or why not? What is the likelihood of such a place actually existing? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)