|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Hixie and her beau planning to move?
2. How many pounds has Qwill lost?
3. What does Dan get in the mail?
4. How does Dan explain the smell in the slip tank?
5. How many kids does Odd have now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
2. What does Qwill mean when he says had been "seeing ghosts?"
3. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
4. Qwill is used to what?
5. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
6. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
7. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
8. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
9. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
10. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of a place run specifically for the arts of which any artist could be a part. Would this be a benefit to society? Why or why not? What is the likelihood of such a place actually existing? Why is this?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)