|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't a question that Qwill was asking himself?
2. For what has a member of the firm previously beenousted?
3. What does Qwill's instinct say?
4. What is in Charlotte Roop's dressing?
5. What kind of motions does Koko make while Qwill brushes him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
2. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
3. With whom had Hixie been having an affair and why had she ended it?
4. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
5. What is the Graham's loft like?
6. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
7. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
8. What is the kiln room like?
9. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
10. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)