|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the waiter asks if Qwill and William if they would like?
2. Where is William going early in the morning?
3. Why is Maus being let go from the attorney's office a blessing in disguise?
4. What does Mrs. Marron hear?
5. What does Qwill decide to do in regards to Dan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
2. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
3. What is the kiln room like?
4. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
5. What does Qwill become determined to do and why?
6. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
7. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
8. Why does Qwill hug Yum Yum more fiercely?
9. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
10. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)