|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hole in the wall reveal?
2. What has William brought up to the cats?
3. Who would Qwill like to interview?
4. What did William spend on his car?
5. What letter does Koko leave on the typewriter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Graham's loft like?
2. Why does everyone like Odd Bunsen?
3. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
4. Qwill is used to what?
5. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
6. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
7. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
8. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
9. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
10. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss The Cat Who Saw Red as a detective novel. What conventions from the detective genre and film noir tradition does Braun incorporate into her work and in what ways does she subvert them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)