|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maus being let go from the attorney's office a blessing in disguise?
2. How many pounds has Qwill lost?
3. What deduction has Qwill made in regards to the Living Glaze?
4. How old is Hixie?
5. Who had come into Qwill's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
2. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
3. Why does everyone like Odd Bunsen?
4. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
5. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
6. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
7. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
8. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
9. Qwill is used to what?
10. What is the kiln room like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the artists' lack of desire to talk about what had happened when Penniman owned the pottery. Why would it be a sore spot for them to go over it again and again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)