|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charlotte Roop to Hugh Penniman?
2. Qwill gets a call requesting him not to do a piece on ______________.
3. Qwill now believes that pb stands for what?
4. What does the critic say in regards to the "Living Glaze?"
5. About what does Maus think that Qwill is coming to talk to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qwill mean when he says had been "seeing ghosts?"
2. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
3. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
4. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
5. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
6. What is the kiln room like?
7. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
8. Why had Rosemary asked to go with Qwill?
9. What is the Graham's loft like?
10. What reaction from Koko confirms the way Qwill had been feeling in regards to Dan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)