|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Rosemary's cold soup?
2. How does Koko order his caviar?
3. What is the total amount that William and the girl share in the bank account?
4. Who is the Fluxion art critic?
5. Who had come into Qwill's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
2. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
3. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
4. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
5. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
6. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
7. What reaction from Koko confirms the way Qwill had been feeling in regards to Dan?
8. Why does everyone like Odd Bunsen?
9. With whom had Hixie been having an affair and why had she ended it?
10. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 2
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)