|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hole in the wall reveal?
2. How does Dan explain the smell in the slip tank?
3. How many pounds has Qwill lost?
4. Who would Qwill like to interview?
5. What cake wins in the teenage class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does everyone like Odd Bunsen?
2. What is the hardest thing to make and why?
3. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
4. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
5. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
6. What does Qwill mean when he says had been "seeing ghosts?"
7. What is the kiln room like?
8. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
9. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
10. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the artists' lack of desire to talk about what had happened when Penniman owned the pottery. Why would it be a sore spot for them to go over it again and again?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)