|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't cats do?
2. What is the ceramic bug that Qwill finds?
3. How does Miss Roop feel about Max Sorrel?
4. Who is largely responsible for solving the case that has baffled police?
5. Who else heard something last night that wasn't a garage door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
2. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
3. What is strange about the design of the Maus Haus?
4. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
5. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
6. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
7. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
8. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
9. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
10. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Joy and Dan's relationship. How is it evident to everyone that their marriage is in trouble? Could it have been saved? Why or why not? What measures might have saved their relationship?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)