|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Charlotte disapprove?
2. Rosemary is from where, according to Mr. Maus?
3. What does Jim think is Dan's problem with Joy?
4. What does William ask Qwill if he plays?
5. When is the soonest that the new pieces can be viewed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
2. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
3. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
4. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
5. How does Qwilleran feel while talking to Miss Roop?
6. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
7. Why does Qwill have to take Koko to the vet?
8. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
9. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
10. What have the cats done to the room when Qwill comes back from his cheese tasting with Hixie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define "haute cuisine." What specifically classifies it as an art? Does it classify as an art in your mind? Why or why not? If so, how does it register as an art form in your mind, and if not, what could change to elevate it to art?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss painting as an art form. How has it changed? What main eras of painting are most commonly recognized by the layperson? Explain your findings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss The Cat Who Saw Red as a detective novel. What conventions from the detective genre and film noir tradition does Braun incorporate into her work and in what ways does she subvert them?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)