|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Jim awakened?
2. What are Joy and Jim to each other?
3. When does the Daily Fluxion resurrect the Maus Haus murder-suicide?
4. What does Qwill's mustache tell him?
5. Why is inviting Hixie to a baseball game in the press box noble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about the design of the Maus Haus?
2. What is so special about Koko?
3. What situations have made Joy's marital problems obvious to Qwilleran?
4. How is the clay processed before it is used?
5. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
6. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
7. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
8. How does Qwilleran feel while talking to Miss Roop?
9. Why does Qwill have to take Koko to the vet?
10. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
Essay Topic 2
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)