|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Qwill run into at Maus Haus?
2. What is the price for truffles?
3. Why does Joy leave Chicago?
4. What side of Joy's nature doesn't Qwill ever see?
5. What possibility enters Qwill's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
2. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
3. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
4. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
5. Who else hears the scream, and why do they hear it?
6. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
7. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
8. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
9. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
10. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define "haute cuisine." What specifically classifies it as an art? Does it classify as an art in your mind? Why or why not? If so, how does it register as an art form in your mind, and if not, what could change to elevate it to art?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)