|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the demonstration in the suite ?
2. What is Maus nursing?
3. How does Miss Roop feel about Max Sorrel?
4. What conclusion does Qwilleran reach regarding the letters "d-o-g" on the typewriter?
5. What kind of rumor is going around about Max?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
2. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
3. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
4. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
5. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
6. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
7. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
8. What situations have made Joy's marital problems obvious to Qwilleran?
9. Why does Qwill have to take Koko to the vet?
10. Why does Joy think that Dan might be jealous of her work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)