|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan say happened to Joy?
2. What is Maus nursing?
3. What aroma(s) do(es) Qwill follow to the kitchen?
4. Who stops the row between Joy, Dan, and Hixie?
5. What does Hixie suspect has happened to Joy's cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
2. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
3. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
4. What is strange about the design of the Maus Haus?
5. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
6. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
7. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
8. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
9. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
10. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)