|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who had died at Penniman Pottery?
2. What are Koko's eyes like?
3. Who is largely responsible for solving the case that has baffled police?
4. What does Hixie break?
5. What is not on the menu for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Qwill hug Yum Yum more fiercely?
2. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
3. What is notable about the food at the Rattlesnake Inn?
4. What does Qwill discover when he returns to Maus Haus, and why does this leave Qwill both distraught and troubled?
5. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
6. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
7. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
8. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
9. How is the clay processed before it is used?
10. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joy and Dan's relationship. How is it evident to everyone that their marriage is in trouble? Could it have been saved? Why or why not? What measures might have saved their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
This section contains 1,557 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)