|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Jim Qwilleran?
2. About what is the demonstration in the suite ?
3. By what are Qwill's hunches preceded?
4. What is the price for truffles?
5. What nationality is Qwilleran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
2. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
3. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
4. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
5. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
6. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
7. How does Qwilleran feel while talking to Miss Roop?
8. What is so special about Koko?
9. How is the clay processed before it is used?
10. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the endurance of art and why it is important. What specific kinds of art have lasted throughout the ages, from the stone age forward? Explain your answer and cite references.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss painting as an art form. How has it changed? What main eras of painting are most commonly recognized by the layperson? Explain your findings.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)