|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Qwill suspect the Fluxion resurrected the story?
2. Why is inviting Hixie to a baseball game in the press box noble?
3. What does Joy hate?
4. What habit does Maus find revolting?
5. Rosemary is from where, according to Mr. Maus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
2. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
3. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
4. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
5. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
6. How does Qwilleran feel while talking to Miss Roop?
7. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
8. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
9. What is unique about the people who reside in Maus Haus?
10. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hixie's desire to get married and settle down. Is this a normal desire for a girl her age? Why or why not? Is this a typical desire of most women? Cite sources to support your answer.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)