|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Roop feel about Max Sorrel?
2. What does Qwill feed Koko and Yum Yum when he comes back from Maus Haus?
3. For what is "30" the newspaper symbol?
4. What does Qwill tell Mrs. Marron?
5. What has Joy been holding back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
2. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
3. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
4. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
5. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
6. How is the clay processed before it is used?
7. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
8. How does Qwill describe Joy's husband?
9. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
10. What is so special about Koko?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the artists' lack of desire to talk about what had happened when Penniman owned the pottery. Why would it be a sore spot for them to go over it again and again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss public perception of artists. What is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they hear the phrase "a gifted artist?" Suggest reasons for this conclusion.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)