|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Qwilleran?
2. For what did the late Mrs. Maus use his best omelet pan?
3. About what does Qwill feel guilty?
4. What habit does Maus find revolting?
5. What isn't Qwilleran allowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story involving the other people at the Penniman estate in regards to the suicides?
2. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
3. Why does the idea of the Living Glaze being Joy's creation make sense?
4. What function does lead serve in regards to pottery?
5. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
6. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
7. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
8. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
9. How does Max test a guy's sincerity?
10. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Koko and Yum Yum. What roles do they play in the development of the plot? How do they influence the theme of the novel? Did Braun get her descriptions of cat antics correct? Explain how or where she failed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
This section contains 1,572 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)