|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Qwill suspect the Fluxion resurrected the story?
2. Who does Qwill run into at Maus Haus?
3. What does Qwill bring back for Koko and Yum Yum?
4. What does Dan do that has a quieting effect on the table?
5. What hads added the extra three pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
2. Why is Qwilleran so excited to see Joy?
3. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
4. What have the cats done to the room when Qwill comes back from his cheese tasting with Hixie?
5. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
6. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
7. Why does Joy think that Dan might be jealous of her work?
8. What is strange about the design of the Maus Haus?
9. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
10. What situations have made Joy's marital problems obvious to Qwilleran?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss The Cat Who Saw Red as a detective novel. What conventions from the detective genre and film noir tradition does Braun incorporate into her work and in what ways does she subvert them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dan's pride. How does it get him into trouble? Is pride always a character flaw or can it be a positive character trait? Explain your answer. How might having less pride benefit Dan?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)