|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Charlotte disapprove?
2. Why has Qwilleran brought Koko and Yum Yum to the vet?
3. What is Dan's explanation for the scream that Qwill heard?
4. How big is Max's boat?
5. For what reason did Qwill suspect the Fluxion resurrected the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Qwilleran feel while talking to Miss Roop?
2. How is the clay processed before it is used?
3. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
4. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
5. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
6. What is unique about the people who reside in Maus Haus?
7. Why does Joy think that Dan might be jealous of her work?
8. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
9. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
10. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 2
Define "haute cuisine." What specifically classifies it as an art? Does it classify as an art in your mind? Why or why not? If so, how does it register as an art form in your mind, and if not, what could change to elevate it to art?
Essay Topic 3
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)