|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rumor is going around about Max?
2. What numbered studio apartment does Qwill rent?
3. Where does Qwill meet Max Sorrel?
4. Why will dinner with Maus be a heroic test of willpower for Qwill?
5. What aroma(s) do(es) Qwill follow to the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
2. What has attracted so much attention from the two cats in their new home?
3. Qwill is used to what?
4. What is the kiln room like?
5. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
6. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
7. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
8. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
9. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
10. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss painting as an art form. How has it changed? What main eras of painting are most commonly recognized by the layperson? Explain your findings.
This section contains 1,485 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)