|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rumor is going around about Max?
2. How many Heavenly Hash Houses are there now?
3. What does Qwill feed Koko and Yum Yum when he comes back from Maus Haus?
4. What does Robert Maus abhor?
5. What aroma(s) do(es) Qwill follow to the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
2. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
3. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
4. What does Miss Roop say in regards to Joy's work? How does this contradict what has previously been told to Qwill by Dan?
5. What is so special about Koko?
6. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
7. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
8. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
9. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
10. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the artists' lack of desire to talk about what had happened when Penniman owned the pottery. Why would it be a sore spot for them to go over it again and again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some mythology portrayed on pottery. Pick one country and explain how pottery has portrayed well known myths and legends. Explain how pottery is a medium that has helped archaeologists explore and document the past.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)