|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the soonest that the new pieces can be viewed?
2. What does she call Robert Maus?
3. What color is the object on the edge of the gravel?
4. In what kind of travel container do Koko and Yum Yum reside?
5. What habit does Maus find revolting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
2. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
3. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
4. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
5. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
6. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
7. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
8. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
9. What does Miss Roop say in regards to Joy's work? How does this contradict what has previously been told to Qwill by Dan?
10. How is the clay processed before it is used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the endurance of art and why it is important. What specific kinds of art have lasted throughout the ages, from the stone age forward? Explain your answer and cite references.
Essay Topic 3
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)