|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Qwill ask Maus to dine with him?
2. When is the soonest that the new pieces can be viewed?
3. For what is "30" the newspaper symbol?
4. What conclusion does Qwilleran reach regarding the letters "d-o-g" on the typewriter?
5. What does Jim think is Dan's problem with Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Roop say in regards to Joy's work? How does this contradict what has previously been told to Qwill by Dan?
2. What situations have made Joy's marital problems obvious to Qwilleran?
3. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
4. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
5. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
6. Who else hears the scream, and why do they hear it?
7. Why is Qwilleran so excited to see Joy?
8. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
9. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
10. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)