|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hixie suspect has happened to Joy's cat?
2. What color is the object on the edge of the gravel?
3. Who else heard something last night that wasn't a garage door?
4. Why will Hixie be bankrupt within a week?
5. Why is inviting Hixie to a baseball game in the press box noble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situations have made Joy's marital problems obvious to Qwilleran?
2. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
3. What do Koko and Yum Yum do that has long since failed to trick Qwill?
4. What has attracted so much attention from the two cats in their new home?
5. Who else hears the scream, and why do they hear it?
6. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
7. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
8. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
9. How is the clay processed before it is used?
10. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dan's pride. How does it get him into trouble? Is pride always a character flaw or can it be a positive character trait? Explain your answer. How might having less pride benefit Dan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hixie's desire to get married and settle down. Is this a normal desire for a girl her age? Why or why not? Is this a typical desire of most women? Cite sources to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Define "haute cuisine." What specifically classifies it as an art? Does it classify as an art in your mind? Why or why not? If so, how does it register as an art form in your mind, and if not, what could change to elevate it to art?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)