|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Qwill take Hixie out?
2. By what are Qwill's hunches preceded?
3. What conclusion does Qwilleran reach regarding the letters "d-o-g" on the typewriter?
4. How long could Qwill have lived on the tip alone for the bill he paid?
5. What does Qwill bring back for Koko and Yum Yum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
2. What does Miss Roop say in regards to Joy's work? How does this contradict what has previously been told to Qwill by Dan?
3. How is the clay processed before it is used?
4. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
5. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
6. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
7. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
8. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
9. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
10. Why doesn't Max Sorrel wish to deny things in the papers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the endurance of art and why it is important. What specific kinds of art have lasted throughout the ages, from the stone age forward? Explain your answer and cite references.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss inspiration and from where it can come. What specifically does inspiration mean to an artist? Interview a local artist and have them define inspiration to you and have them explain what a common source of inspiration is for them.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)