Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of travel container do Koko and Yum Yum reside?
2. What isn't Qwilleran allowed?
3. About what is the demonstration in the suite ?
4. What is the price for truffles?
5. What does Qwill tell Mrs. Marron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the clay processed before it is used?
2. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
3. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
4. Why does Qwill hug Yum Yum more fiercely?
5. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
6. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
7. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
8. How does Qwilleran feel while talking to Miss Roop?
9. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
10. Who else hears the scream, and why do they hear it?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss art as a way of life. How is it often an unrealistic pursuit to be an artist? When does art actually pay, and what follows international acclaim?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)