|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwill say that it is nice to hear?
2. How much does Jim loan Joy?
3. What possibility enters Qwill's mind?
4. Who stops the row between Joy, Dan, and Hixie?
5. What book is Koko circling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
2. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
3. Who else hears the scream, and why do they hear it?
4. What does Dan say in regards to Joy's resurfacing?
5. How does Qwill describe Joy's husband?
6. What mistake does Qwill make in reference to potting, and what does that kind of potter do?
7. What is so special about Koko?
8. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
9. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
10. To what kinds of things does Charlotte Roop object in regards to Qwill's behavior?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Maus is more stressed upon his return home than he is when his trip is delayed and hijacked. Suggest reasons whether or not this is a normal reaction to stressful situations.
This section contains 1,486 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)