|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Jim awakened?
2. About what is Mickey Maus a nut?
3. Who drives the light colored convertible?
4. What does Joy hate?
5. How many businessmen own the Heavenly Hash Houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joy think that Dan might be jealous of her work?
2. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
3. What is unique about the people who reside in Maus Haus?
4. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
5. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
6. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
7. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
8. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
9. What have the cats done to the room when Qwill comes back from his cheese tasting with Hixie?
10. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of a place run specifically for the arts of which any artist could be a part. Would this be a benefit to society? Why or why not? What is the likelihood of such a place actually existing? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Qwilleran as a true detective or someone who masquerades as one. Does he possess traits that are both typical detective traits and also some that lead you to believe that he is merely masquerading as a detective.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)