|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosemary is from where, according to Mr. Maus?
2. What is the price for truffles?
3. How much did the drapes cost in the restaurant?
4. Why does Qwill think his cats are lucky?
5. Why will dinner with Maus be a heroic test of willpower for Qwill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
2. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
3. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
4. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
5. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
6. Why is Qwilleran so excited to see Joy?
7. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
8. What has attracted so much attention from the two cats in their new home?
9. What situations have made Joy's marital problems obvious to Qwilleran?
10. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hixie's desire to get married and settle down. Is this a normal desire for a girl her age? Why or why not? Is this a typical desire of most women? Cite sources to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Qwilleran's choice of profession. Do you think he would make a better detective or a writer? Which is closer to an art form and what leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)