|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is "30" the newspaper symbol?
2. What does Qwill's mustache tell him?
3. What conclusion does Qwilleran reach regarding the letters "d-o-g" on the typewriter?
4. What does Dan look and talk like?
5. What habit does Maus find revolting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
2. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
3. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
4. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
5. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
6. Why does Qwilleran continue to cringe inwardly?
7. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
8. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
9. How is the clay processed before it is used?
10. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of a place run specifically for the arts of which any artist could be a part. Would this be a benefit to society? Why or why not? What is the likelihood of such a place actually existing? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how art has changed over the past two thousand years. What images traditionally occupied an artist's work? What forms presently occupy an artist's attention? Suggest potential reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss painting as an art form. How has it changed? What main eras of painting are most commonly recognized by the layperson? Explain your findings.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)