|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Jim loan Joy?
2. What does Joy announce?
3. For what is Hixie rabid?
4. What is the ceramic bug that Qwill finds?
5. Rosemary is from where, according to Mr. Maus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Qwill's purchase in the pet food store? How do the cats react to this?
2. Why is Qwilleran so excited to see Joy?
3. In what ways is the new suite cat proof?
4. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
5. How does Qwill describe Joy's husband?
6. How does Joy feel about the river, and why is that?
7. What excuse does Dan offer for the scream heard the night before?
8. What is the real reason for the continual repeating of the story about the Penniman estate?
9. What does Riker not know and cannot believe?
10. How does Mr. Maus acquire the pottery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dan's pride. How does it get him into trouble? Is pride always a character flaw or can it be a positive character trait? Explain your answer. How might having less pride benefit Dan?
Essay Topic 2
Define "high art." What is the difference between high and low art? Is there a different level of respect for high artists than low artists? Suggest reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss some mythology behind pottery. What common pottery myths are accepted as genuine fact? Explain how you went about exposing these "potters myths."
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)