|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwill's instinct say?
(a) That Joy's cat would never be found.
(b) That there would be no word from Joy.
(c) That Joy's pottery would never be shown.
(d) That Dan is a very bad man.
2. What is the first thing the waiter asks if Qwill and William if they would like?
(a) A drink from the bar.
(b) A main course.
(c) An appetizer.
(d) A drink from the kitchen.
3. What does Rosemary offer to do for Qwill?
(a) Give him a massage.
(b) Draw him a hot bath.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. Qwill now believes that pb stands for what?
(a) Pretty Baby.
(b) Plumbum, the chemical symbol for lead.
(c) Past Bedtime.
(d) Peanut butter.
5. Who volunteers to go with Qwill?
(a) Dan Graham.
(b) Charlotte Roop.
(d) Rosemary Whiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cake wins in the teenage class?
2. What is in Rosemary's cold soup?
3. What is Hixie toasting?
4. Why is the Fluxion coffee shop desirable for confidential conversations?
5. Who does Qwill want to shoot the pottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will nobody ever find the bodies of the two people whom Dan has killed?
2. Why is Qwill upset about having to judge cakes at the Rattlesnake Inn?
3. What does Mrs. Marron hear on Saturday night? Why is she awake to hear it?
4. What does Qwill think when Rosemary volunteers to go with him?
5. What is the Graham's loft like?
6. What attributes allow the Fluxion coffee shop to be a confidential place?
7. With whom had Hixie been having an affair and why had she ended it?
8. Why does Qwill stop and listen to the gypsy woman? What does she tell Qwill?
9. Why do the three men who own the Heavenly Hash Houses attempt to ruin Max Sorrel?
10. What makes Qwill's grief all the more potent?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)