|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the drapes cost in the restaurant?
(a) Forty dollars a yard.
(b) Fifty dollars a yard.
(c) Twenty dollars a yard.
(d) Sixty dollars a yard.
2. What has Koko typed on the typewriter?
3. What does Dan look and talk like?
(a) A pansy.
(b) A willow.
(c) A juniper tree.
(d) A hayseed.
4. Who drives the light colored convertible?
(a) Mrs. Marron.
(b) Mr. Maus.
(c) Mr. Sorrel.
(d) Miss Roop.
5. Why has Qwilleran brought Koko and Yum Yum to the vet?
(a) To get an update to their shots.
(b) To get them fixed and spayed.
(c) All of these.
(d) To get their teeth cleaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does Qwill figure William to be?
2. What does Joy hate?
3. Why will Hixie be bankrupt within a week?
4. What does Hixie suspect has happened to Joy's cat?
5. What can Koko do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings on Maus' comment that Hixie is a "nasty young lady?"
2. What new job does the managing editor assign Qwilleran?
3. Why is it a good thing that the majority of Joy's newest pottery pieces are locked up? Why can't Joy show them to Qwilleran?
4. Who stops by with a present for the cats? What is it? Why does she want to give it to them?
5. How does Qwill describe Joy's husband?
6. Of what things does Charlotte disapprove?
7. Why is Qwilleran upset about his diet?
8. What has attracted so much attention from the two cats in their new home?
9. What serves as a reminder to Jim about his age?
10. What is the other reason that Qwill wishes to stay home?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)