|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwill learn from Miss Roop?
(a) All of these.
(b) Robert Maus is brilliant.
(c) Hixie is amusing,
(d) Rosemary is attractive.
2. What is Hixie?
(a) A man-eater.
(b) A cannibal.
(c) A manipulative woman.
(d) A husband hunter.
3. How much did the drapes cost in the restaurant?
(a) Sixty dollars a yard.
(b) Fifty dollars a yard.
(c) Forty dollars a yard.
(d) Twenty dollars a yard.
4. What side of Joy's nature doesn't Qwill ever see?
(a) The cold hearted side.
(b) The sharp tongued side.
(c) All of these.
(d) The moody side.
5. What is not on the menu for dinner?
(a) Broiled curried tomatoes.
(c) Romaine salad.
(d) Cream of watercress soup.
6. What has Koko typed on the typewriter?
7. What is the price for truffles?
(a) Ninety dollars a pound.
(b) Sixty-five dollars a pound.
(c) Seventy-five dollars a pound.
(d) Eighty dollars a pound.
8. What color is Joy wearing?
(a) Mandarin orange.
(b) Apple green.
(c) Apple red.
(d) Banana yellow.
9. What does Dan do that has a quieting effect on the table?
(a) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Slight his wife.
10. What color is the object on the edge of the gravel?
(a) Bright blue-green.
(b) Bright purple.
(c) Bright orange.
(d) Bright red.
11. By what are Qwill's hunches preceded?
(a) A prickling sensation on his lower lip.
(b) A prickling sensation on his upper lip.
(c) A tickling sensation on his upper lip.
(d) A lurching of his stomach.
12. What is Joy's cat's name?
13. What does Dan finish before he leaves the table?
(a) His peach cobbler.
(b) His pumpkin pie.
(c) His apple pie.
(d) His apple cobbler.
14. What does Jim think is Dan's problem with Joy?
(a) He is jealous of her attraction to Jim.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He is jealous of her work.
(d) Both of these.
15. What is the name of the woman who had died at Penniman Pottery?
(a) Helen Maud.
(b) Helen Lake.
(c) Helen Mellon.
(d) Helen Hake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many customers does Max have when the restaurant should be nearly full?
2. What has awakened Qwill?
3. Why will Hixie be bankrupt within a week?
4. What isn't Qwilleran allowed?
5. Who else heard something last night that wasn't a garage door?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)