|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) No one.
(b) The landlord and landlady.
(c) Frieda and Amalia.
(d) A large crowd of people.
2. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
(b) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(c) For the money it brings.
(d) For the status it brings.
3. What did Sortini order Amalia to do in his letter?
(a) Come to the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) Come to the Castle.
(c) Meet him in the schoolhouse.
(d) Meet him at the festival.
4. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
(a) He yells at K.
(b) He invites K. in.
(c) He calls down to the inn's owner.
(d) He calls security.
5. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
(a) Hans' mother.
(b) The assistants.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
2. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
3. How easy does K. think it will be to win Frieda back?
4. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
5. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
2. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
3. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
4. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
5. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
6. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
7. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
8. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
9. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
10. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)