|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to Amalia's father when he went into the Castle?
(a) He would be unable to see anyone, even a clerk.
(b) He would see an official, but get no results.
(c) He would see a clerk or guard, but get no results.
(d) He would get sent back out.
2. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
(a) He taps his foot incessantly.
(b) He paces madly.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He twiddle his thumbs.
3. What did Amalia do with Sortini's letter?
(a) Throw it into the street.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Burn it.
4. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(a) The mother.
(b) The father.
5. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
(a) He was given extra work to do every night.
(b) His diploma was taken away.
(c) He was ignored by all his coworkers.
(d) He was demoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
2. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
3. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
4. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
5. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
2. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
3. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
4. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
5. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
6. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
7. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
8. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
9. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
10. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)