|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
2. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) The schoolteacher.
(c) His assistant.
3. Where does K. fall asleep at the end of Chapter XXIV?
(a) In a bathtub.
(b) In the street.
(c) On the rug.
(d) In a barrel.
4. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
(a) That he will soon revenge the schoolteacher.
(b) That it does not affect him.
(c) That he is deeply upset by it.
(d) That he is pleased that the schoolteacher is mad at him.
5. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
(a) A clerk.
(c) A military officer.
(d) Klamm's private secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
2. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
3. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
4. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
5. How easy does K. think it will be to win Frieda back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
2. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
3. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
4. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
5. How long does K. need to wait to see Erlanger?
6. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
7. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
8. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
9. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
10. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)