|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
2. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Shakes her hand coldly.
(c) Slaps her face.
(d) Runs to her and embraces her.
3. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
(a) A horse.
(b) A fire engine.
(c) A tall building.
(d) A poster.
4. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was ignored by all his coworkers.
(c) He was given extra work to do every night.
(d) His diploma was taken away.
5. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
(b) The chairman.
(d) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
2. What does K. say about his loyalty to Frieda?
3. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
4. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
5. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
2. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
3. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
4. How long does K. need to wait to see Erlanger?
5. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
6. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
7. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
8. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
9. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
10. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)