|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
(b) Insulting a nobleman.
(c) Evading an order to appear.
(d) Being a public nuisance.
2. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
(a) Schwarzer is Gisa's enemy.
(b) Schwazer is Gisa's employer.
(c) Schwarzer is like a brother to Gisa.
(d) Schwarzer is courting Gisa.
3. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
(a) Slaps her face.
(b) Shakes her hand coldly.
(c) Runs to her and embraces her.
(d) Ignores her.
4. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(b) One of the children of the master tanner.
(c) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
(d) One of the assistants.
5. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) For the status it brings.
(b) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(c) For the money it brings.
(d) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
2. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
3. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
4. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
5. What was Amalia's father's profession?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)