|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
(a) She is pretty but not friendly.
(b) She is friendly but not pretty.
(c) She is both pretty and friendly.
(d) She is neither pretty nor friendly.
2. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(b) Olga's father.
(c) Olga's mother.
3. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(b) A bad heart.
(c) A paralyzed foot.
4. What does K. say about Amalia's attractiveness?
(a) She is too reserved and unapproachable.
(b) Her friendly personality makes her irresistable.
(c) She is far lovelier than Frieda.
(d) She is annoyingly bubbly.
5. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
(c) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
2. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
3. Who does Barnabas deliver a message from during Chapter XXI?
4. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
5. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
2. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
3. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
4. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
5. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
6. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
7. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
8. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
9. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
10. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)