|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Galater?
(a) Klamm's new secretary.
(b) Klamm's uncle.
(c) Klamm's boss.
(d) Klamm's substitute.
2. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) To get accepted by the local families.
(c) To get to Klamm.
(d) To get money.
3. What does Buergel talk to K. about?
(a) The private lives of the Castle elite.
(b) The architectural design of the Castle.
(c) The schedule of arrivals and departures at the Gentlemen's Inn.
(d) The way the secretary system works.
4. What did Amalia do with Sortini's letter?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Throw it into the street.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Bury it.
5. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(b) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
(c) Both Amelia and Olga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
2. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
3. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
4. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
5. What does K. take when he leaves Olga's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
2. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
3. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
4. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
5. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
6. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
7. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
8. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
9. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
10. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)