|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
(b) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
(c) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
(d) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
2. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
(a) He was ignored by all his coworkers.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was given extra work to do every night.
(d) His diploma was taken away.
3. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
(d) Talking on the phone.
4. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) The landlord and landlady.
(b) No one.
(c) A large crowd of people.
(d) Frieda and Amalia.
5. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) For the status it brings.
(b) For the money it brings.
(c) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
(d) For the chance to overhear conversations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
2. Who is Galater?
3. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
4. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
5. How easy does K. think it will be to win Frieda back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
2. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
3. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
4. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
5. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
6. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
7. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
8. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
9. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
10. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)