|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
(a) Barnabas' mother.
2. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
(a) That K. leave the town.
(b) That Jeremias return to the Castle.
(c) That K. stop seeing Barnabas's family.
(d) That Frieda return to her post.
3. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
(a) Insulting a nobleman.
(b) Evading an order to appear.
(c) Being a public nuisance.
4. Whose secretary is Buergel?
5. Where does the letter-writer want to meet K.?
(a) At the Castle gates.
(b) At the Bridge Inn.
(c) At the schoolhouse.
(d) In the Gentlemen's Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
2. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
3. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
4. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
5. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
2. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
3. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
4. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
5. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
6. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
7. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
8. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
9. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
10. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)