|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sortini order Amalia to do in his letter?
(a) Come to the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) Meet him at the festival.
(c) Come to the Castle.
(d) Meet him in the schoolhouse.
2. What does Frieda think of K.'s conversation with Hans?
(a) K. was argumentative.
(b) K. was helpful.
(c) K. was deceptive.
(d) K. was judgemental.
3. How does the landlord react to seeing K. in the corridor at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) He is woried.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is furious.
4. How effective is bribing Castle officials?
(a) Effective, if the bribe is given to the right official.
(b) Effective, if the bribe is large enough.
(c) Ineffective but tolerated.
(d) Ineffective and usually resulting in criminal prosecution.
5. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
(a) Sortini's servant.
(d) The fire department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
2. What does K. say about his loyalty to Frieda?
3. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
4. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
5. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
2. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
3. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
4. What does Buergel say might happen at a meeting in the middle of the night?
5. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
6. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
7. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
8. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
9. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
10. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)