|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amalia do with Sortini's letter?
(a) Bury it.
(b) Throw it into the street.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Tear it up.
2. Does Olga think her family could have restored their position in the village?
(a) Yes, if the Castle had intervened
(b) No, because of Sortini's high position.
(c) No, because of the particularly wrong they committed.
(d) Yes, if they had tried to get in the village's good graces.
3. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
(b) Insulting a nobleman.
(c) Evading an order to appear.
(d) Being a public nuisance.
4. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
(a) Slaps her face.
(b) Runs to her and embraces her.
(c) Shakes her hand coldly.
(d) Ignores her.
5. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
(c) One of the assistants.
(d) One of the children of the master tanner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
2. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
3. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
4. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
5. How effective is bribing Castle officials?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Erlanger give K. the request Erlanger is making during the meeting?
2. What is Frieda afraid might happen to he if her mother's warnings are right?
3. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
4. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
5. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
6. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
7. How long does K. need to wait to see Erlanger?
8. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
9. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
10. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)