|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(c) A paralyzed foot.
(d) A bad heart.
2. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) A large crowd of people.
(b) The landlord and landlady.
(c) Frieda and Amalia.
(d) No one.
3. What was the family forced to do?
(a) Become unpaid servants to noblemen.
(b) Pay extra taxes to the Castle.
(c) Move out of their house.
(d) Sell their cattle and horses.
4. Does Olga think her family could have restored their position in the village?
(a) No, because of Sortini's high position.
(b) No, because of the particularly wrong they committed.
(c) Yes, if the Castle had intervened
(d) Yes, if they had tried to get in the village's good graces.
5. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
(a) The assistants.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Hans' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
2. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
3. Had other families been disgraced in the past?
4. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
5. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
2. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
3. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
4. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
5. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
6. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
7. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
8. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
9. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
10. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)