|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
(a) A poster.
(b) A tall building.
(c) A horse.
(d) A fire engine.
2. What did Sortini order Amalia to do in his letter?
(a) Come to the Castle.
(b) Meet him at the festival.
(c) Meet him in the schoolhouse.
(d) Come to the Gentlemen's Inn.
3. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(b) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(c) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
(d) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
4. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) One of the assistants.
(d) One of the children of the master tanner.
5. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) Cleaning the rooms.
(b) Carrying baggage for the guests.
(c) Cleaning tables in the taproom.
(d) Serving drinks in the taproom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
2. How do the gentlemen react to the deliveries?
3. What was the family forced to do?
4. Had other families been disgraced in the past?
5. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
2. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
3. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
4. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
5. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
6. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
7. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
8. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
9. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
10. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)