|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. say about Amalia's attractiveness?
(a) She is annoyingly bubbly.
(b) Her friendly personality makes her irresistable.
(c) She is far lovelier than Frieda.
(d) She is too reserved and unapproachable.
2. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
(b) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(c) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
(d) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
3. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
(b) A place to stay for free.
(c) Access to the Castle.
4. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
(a) The teacher he talked to on the road.
(b) The woman K. saw nursing soon after his arrival in town.
(c) The assistants he has sent away.
(d) The landlady of the inn he stayed at.
5. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
(b) For the money it brings.
(c) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(d) For the status it brings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
2. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
3. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
4. Whose secretary is Buergel?
5. What was Amalia's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
2. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
3. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
4. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
5. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
6. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
7. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
8. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
9. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
10. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)