|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How effective is bribing Castle officials?
(a) Ineffective and usually resulting in criminal prosecution.
(b) Ineffective but tolerated.
(c) Effective, if the bribe is large enough.
(d) Effective, if the bribe is given to the right official.
2. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
(a) She is both pretty and friendly.
(b) She is pretty but not friendly.
(c) She is friendly but not pretty.
(d) She is neither pretty nor friendly.
3. What do the gentlemen in the Gentlemen's Inn do to call the landlord?
(a) They yell down the stairs.
(b) They blow a whistle.
(c) They send their secretaries to get him.
(d) They ring electrc bells.
4. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(b) Olga's father.
(c) Olga's mother.
5. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) For the status it brings.
(b) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
(c) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(d) For the money it brings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
2. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
3. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
4. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
5. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
2. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
3. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
4. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
5. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
6. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
7. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
8. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
9. How long does K. need to wait to see Erlanger?
10. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)