|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
(a) Writing a letter.
(d) Talking loudly.
2. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) One of the assistants.
(c) One of the children of the master tanner.
(d) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
3. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) No one.
(b) The landlord and landlady.
(c) Frieda and Amalia.
(d) A large crowd of people.
4. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(b) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
(c) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
(d) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
5. What was the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(a) To snub the most prominent members of the community.
(b) To write letters to the Castle.
(c) To do nothing.
(d) To complain constantly to whoever would listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
2. Does Olga think her family could have restored their position in the village?
3. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
4. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
5. Who was the first letter that Barnabas delivered sent to?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)