|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He twiddle his thumbs.
(c) He taps his foot incessantly.
(d) He paces madly.
2. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
(a) He was ignored by all his coworkers.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was given extra work to do every night.
(d) His diploma was taken away.
3. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
(a) The Bridge Inn.
(b) The Gentlemen's Inn.
(c) Waiting in front of the Castle.
(d) Inside the Castle.
4. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(d) His assistant.
5. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
2. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
3. Who is Galater?
4. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
5. What did Amalia do with Sortini's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
2. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
3. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
4. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
5. What does Buergel say might happen at a meeting in the middle of the night?
6. How long does K. need to wait to see Erlanger?
7. What reason does Erlanger give K. the request Erlanger is making during the meeting?
8. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
9. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
10. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)