|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(b) Both Amelia and Olga.
(d) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
2. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
3. Who was the first letter that Barnabas delivered sent to?
(b) His father.
4. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(b) The father.
(c) The mother.
5. Does Olga think her family could have restored their position in the village?
(a) Yes, if they had tried to get in the village's good graces.
(b) No, because of the particularly wrong they committed.
(c) No, because of Sortini's high position.
(d) Yes, if the Castle had intervened
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
2. What did Amalia do with Sortini's letter?
3. What does K. take when he leaves Olga's house?
4. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
5. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
2. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
3. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
4. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
5. What is Frieda afraid might happen to he if her mother's warnings are right?
6. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
7. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
8. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
9. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
10. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)