|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buergel talk to K. about?
(a) The private lives of the Castle elite.
(b) The way the secretary system works.
(c) The schedule of arrivals and departures at the Gentlemen's Inn.
(d) The architectural design of the Castle.
2. Who does Barnabas deliver a message from during Chapter XXI?
(a) One of Klamm's secretaries.
(c) A castle guard.
3. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(a) Olga's father.
(c) Olga's mother.
4. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
(a) Waiting in front of the Castle.
(b) The Bridge Inn.
(c) The Gentlemen's Inn.
(d) Inside the Castle.
5. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(c) The mother.
(d) The father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
2. Who is Galater?
3. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
4. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
5. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
2. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
3. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
4. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
5. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
6. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
7. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
8. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
9. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
10. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)