|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
(a) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
2. What does Buergel talk to K. about?
(a) The schedule of arrivals and departures at the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) The architectural design of the Castle.
(c) The private lives of the Castle elite.
(d) The way the secretary system works.
3. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
(a) A poster.
(b) A fire engine.
(c) A tall building.
(d) A horse.
4. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Talk to Sortini.
(b) Publically chastise the community.
(c) Petition the Castle.
(d) Publically plead for forgiveness.
5. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) His diploma was taken away.
(c) He was ignored by all his coworkers.
(d) He was given extra work to do every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
2. How does the landlord react to seeing K. in the corridor at the Gentlemen's Inn?
3. What does Frieda think of K.'s conversation with Hans?
4. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
5. What does Jeremias do after hearing the contents of the letter?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)