|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the gentlemen react to the deliveries?
(a) They take the deliveries and then redeliver to someone else.
(b) They try to avoid deliveries to them.
(c) They accept the deliveries with flamboyant thanks.
(d) They fight over the deliveries.
2. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
(a) Access to the Castle.
(b) A place to stay for free.
3. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) For the status it brings.
(b) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
(c) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(d) For the money it brings.
4. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
(a) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
5. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
(b) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(c) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(d) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Amalia's father's profession?
2. Who was the first letter that Barnabas delivered sent to?
3. What would happen to Amalia's father when he went into the Castle?
4. What was the family forced to do?
5. What does K. say about his loyalty to Frieda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
2. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
3. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
4. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
5. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
6. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
7. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
8. What does Buergel say might happen at a meeting in the middle of the night?
9. What reason does Erlanger give K. the request Erlanger is making during the meeting?
10. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)