|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
(a) The teacher he talked to on the road.
(b) The woman K. saw nursing soon after his arrival in town.
(c) The assistants he has sent away.
(d) The landlady of the inn he stayed at.
2. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(a) The mother.
(b) The father.
3. Where does the letter-writer want to meet K.?
(a) At the Bridge Inn.
(b) At the Castle gates.
(c) At the schoolhouse.
(d) In the Gentlemen's Inn.
4. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(a) The father.
(c) The mother.
5. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
2. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
3. How does the landlord react to seeing K. in the corridor at the Gentlemen's Inn?
4. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
5. What does K. say about his loyalty to Frieda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
2. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
3. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
4. What does Buergel say might happen at a meeting in the middle of the night?
5. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
6. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
7. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
8. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
9. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
10. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)