|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
(b) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
(c) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
(d) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
2. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(a) A paralyzed foot.
(d) A bad heart.
3. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
(a) The chairman.
(b) The schoolteacher.
4. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
(a) Being a public nuisance.
(c) Insulting a nobleman.
(d) Evading an order to appear.
5. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Talking loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
2. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
3. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
4. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
5. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buergel say might happen at a meeting in the middle of the night?
2. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
3. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
4. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
5. Why has Hans come to see K. and what is he supposed to be doing instead?
6. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
7. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
8. How long does K. need to wait to see Erlanger?
9. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
10. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)