|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
(a) Talking on the phone.
2. Where does K. fall asleep at the end of Chapter XXIV?
(a) In the street.
(b) In a bathtub.
(c) In a barrel.
(d) On the rug.
3. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
(b) A place to stay for free.
(d) Access to the Castle.
4. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(b) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(c) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
(d) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
5. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
(a) The assistants.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Hans' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
2. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
3. Where do the letters Barnabas delivers come from?
4. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
5. How do the gentlemen react to the deliveries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Jeremias and Frieda go to work after K. leaves?
2. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
3. What does Barnabas' family think about his job with the Castle?
4. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
5. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
6. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
7. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
8. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
9. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
10. What is Frieda afraid might happen to he if her mother's warnings are right?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)