|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Amalia's father's profession?
(a) He worked at a toy maker's factory.
(b) He worked at a printer's office.
(c) He worked in the fire department.
(d) He worked as a clerk at the Castle.
2. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
(b) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
(c) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
(d) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
3. What does Buergel talk to K. about?
(a) The way the secretary system works.
(b) The architectural design of the Castle.
(c) The private lives of the Castle elite.
(d) The schedule of arrivals and departures at the Gentlemen's Inn.
4. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
(b) Barnabas' mother.
5. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
(a) Being a public nuisance.
(c) Insulting a nobleman.
(d) Evading an order to appear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
2. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
3. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
4. What was the family forced to do?
5. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
2. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
3. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
4. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
5. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
6. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
7. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
8. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
9. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
10. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)