|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) The landlord and landlady.
(b) No one.
(c) Frieda and Amalia.
(d) A large crowd of people.
2. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
(a) He calls security.
(b) He calls down to the inn's owner.
(c) He invites K. in.
(d) He yells at K.
3. What does K. take when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) A willow switch.
(b) A rock.
(c) A heavy vase.
(d) A knife.
4. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) His assistant.
(d) The schoolteacher.
5. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
(a) Hot milk.
(b) Counting sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
2. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
3. Where do the letters Barnabas delivers come from?
4. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
5. Who does Barnabas deliver a message from during Chapter XXI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Amalia's father hoping for at his work, before the family's disgrace?
2. What is Frieda doing for Jeremias at the end of Chapter XXII?
3. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
4. At what event does Amalia's family's disgrace begin?
5. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
6. What reasons does Buergel give against forbidding interrogations at night?
7. What did the townspeople do after Amalia's disobedience became known?
8. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
9. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
10. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)