|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI and Chapter XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A picture.
(c) The peephole.
(d) An inscription.
2. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
(b) He is told no.
(c) He is told he must wait three days.
(d) He is told he can come at once.
3. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
(a) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
4. What reason does Frieda give that she is sad she left the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) She feels unworthy to be with K.
(b) She misses Klamm's wealth.
(c) She misses Klamm's power.
(d) She misses a steady income as a barmaid.
5. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
(a) They enhance communication.
(b) They are inefficient.
(c) They are failures.
(d) They work in his favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
2. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
3. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
4. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
5. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)