|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI and Chapter XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. hope to ask Klamm for, when he meets with him?
(a) A permanent surveyor job.
(b) Frieda's hand in marriage.
(d) A job in the Castle.
2. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
(a) To carry out a secret plot for the Count.
(b) To survey land for a new section of the village.
(c) To pad the kingdom's budget.
(d) Bureaucratic error.
3. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
(a) They are brought back to the stable.
(b) They ride off to the Castle.
(c) They circle around the inn several times, before disappearing.
(d) They ride out to the country to meet Klamm.
4. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) No one.
(b) Frieda and Amalia.
(c) A large crowd of people.
(d) The landlord and landlady.
5. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
(a) She needed the money.
(b) She thought it would be nice to talk to someone new.
(c) She thought K. would be a good connection with the Castle.
(d) She was too tired to kick him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
2. Where does the letter-writer want to meet K.?
3. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
4. What is the chairman suffering from?
5. What does the landlady say about Barnabas' family?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)