|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII: Amalia's Secret and Chapter XVIII: Amalia's Punishment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told no.
(b) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
(c) He is told he must wait three days.
(d) He is told he can come at once.
2. Do the people in the house know about K.?
(a) No, they have never heard anything about him.
(b) No, they have only heard vague rumors of a stranger in town.
(c) Yes, but they pretend not to know of him.
(d) Yes, they have heard talk about him.
3. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
(a) Klamm thinks K. is amuzing and ineffectual.
(b) Klamm admires K. and might be disappointed by him.
(c) Klamm is watching what K. does carefully and judging him.
(d) Klamm doesn't care about K. at all.
4. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
(a) He lives next door to the chairman, and the walls are thin.
(b) He recorded a deposition of the conversation.
(c) His servant heard about it from the chairman's servant.
(d) He heard about it from the chairman's wife.
5. Who is the gentleman waiting for K. at the beginning of Chapter IX?
(a) Klamm's brother.
(b) Klamm's senior assistant.
(c) Klamm's village secretary.
(d) Klamm's valet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
2. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
3. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
4. What does Frieda think of K.'s conversation with Hans?
5. Where does K. go at the beginning of Chapter IX?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)