|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII: Amalia's Secret and Chapter XVIII: Amalia's Punishment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
(a) That he is deeply upset by it.
(b) That it does not affect him.
(c) That he will soon revenge the schoolteacher.
(d) That he is pleased that the schoolteacher is mad at him.
2. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
(a) Sorting the library books.
(b) Telling stories to the children.
(c) Bathing a cat.
(d) Mopping the floors.
3. How does K. get back to the inn?
(a) On a bicycle.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a sleigh.
4. What does Frieda ask K. to do?
(a) Go live abroad with her.
(b) Stay with her in the down, despite the townspeople.
(c) Go away from the town and leave her.
(d) Go abroad and start a business, then ask her to come when he's established.
5. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
(a) A long time, sometimes days.
(b) At most, several hours.
(c) Never more than a few minutes.
(d) Usually a half hour to an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
2. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
3. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
4. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
5. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)