|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI: The Schoolhouse and Chapter XII: The Assistants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leases the inn to the landlady and landlord?
(b) The landlord's uncle.
(c) The landlady's father.
(d) The Count.
2. What does K. hope to ask Klamm for, when he meets with him?
(a) Frieda's hand in marriage.
(c) A job in the Castle.
(d) A permanent surveyor job.
3. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
4. What does the letter praise?
(a) K.'s work as a surveyor.
(b) K.'s politeness.
(c) K's integrity in dealing with Frieda.
(d) K.'s ability to follow rules.
5. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
(a) She is not a good enough mistress to deserve gifts.
(b) She never asked for any gifts.
(c) Klamm never gives gifts to his mistresses.
(d) Klamm only gives one gift to a mistress, when she leaves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
2. What color hair does Frieda have?
3. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
4. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
5. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)