|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI: The Schoolhouse and Chapter XII: The Assistants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schwarzer tell K. in the beginning of the novel when the two first meet?
(a) That K. has no permission to be there.
(b) That K. has to work for his board at the inn.
(c) That K. has to show papers bearing the royal seal from the Castle.
(d) That K. is welcome in the village.
2. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
(a) To carry out a secret plot for the Count.
(b) To pad the kingdom's budget.
(c) Bureaucratic error.
(d) To survey land for a new section of the village.
3. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Klamm's spectacles.
(b) A music box.
(d) A riding crop.
4. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
5. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
2. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
3. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
4. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
5. Where does K. go with the people he meets on the road?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)