|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI: The Schoolhouse and Chapter XII: The Assistants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. hope to ask Klamm for, when he meets with him?
(a) Frieda's hand in marriage.
(b) A permanent surveyor job.
(c) A job in the Castle.
2. Who does K. meet and ask questions about the Castle?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A stonemason.
(c) A cartographer.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is cloudy and dark.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is sunny and warm.
(d) There is snow.
4. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are enemies.
5. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
(b) No one.
(c) Only those who fill out the correct paperwork.
(d) Only those he wants to talk to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frieda say the assistants really want?
2. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
3. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
4. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
5. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)