|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX: The Struggle Against the Interrogation and Chapter X: On the Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the people in the house know about K.?
(a) No, they have never heard anything about him.
(b) Yes, but they pretend not to know of him.
(c) Yes, they have heard talk about him.
(d) No, they have only heard vague rumors of a stranger in town.
2. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
(a) Serving beer.
(b) Talking with customers and getting them to buy her drinks.
(d) Cleaning the floors.
3. What is the chairman suffering from?
4. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
(a) Alone in the courtyard.
(b) At the door to Klamm's room.
(c) At his room in the inn.
(d) At the steps of the Castle.
5. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
(b) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
(c) He came to stay at her father's inn.
(d) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlady say about Barnabas' family?
2. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
3. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
4. How many siblings does Barnabas have?
5. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)