|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX: The Struggle Against the Interrogation and Chapter X: On the Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the people in the house know about K.?
(a) Yes, but they pretend not to know of him.
(b) No, they have never heard anything about him.
(c) Yes, they have heard talk about him.
(d) No, they have only heard vague rumors of a stranger in town.
2. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are siblings.
3. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
(a) Reimbursement for K.
(b) Permission for K. to marry.
(c) Residential papers for K.
(d) A promotion for K.
4. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
(a) Klamm admires K. and might be disappointed by him.
(b) Klamm thinks K. is amuzing and ineffectual.
(c) Klamm is watching what K. does carefully and judging him.
(d) Klamm doesn't care about K. at all.
5. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
(b) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
(c) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
(d) He came to stay at her father's inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
2. What does K. hope to ask Klamm for, when he meets with him?
3. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
4. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
5. How does K. fear appearing, if the landlady is refused permission for K. to meet Klamm?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)