|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX: The Struggle Against the Interrogation and Chapter X: On the Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. think of the Castle when he goes to look at it?
(a) It looks overly ornate to him.
(b) It looks ordinary to him.
(c) He is impressed by the Castle's elegance.
(d) He is awed and fearful.
2. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
(a) While K. was waiting for Klamm.
(b) As soon as K. was out of the way.
(c) Before K. arrived at the Gentleman's Inn.
(d) A few hours after K. had left.
3. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) The peephole.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A picture.
(d) An inscription.
4. From whom does K. receive a letter?
(c) The Count.
5. What does K. tell Frieda's mother he wants to see Klamm for?
(a) K. wants Klamm's permission to go to the Castle.
(b) K. wants to make sure Klamm has no hard feelings about K. marrying Frieda.
(c) K. wants to challenge Klamm to a duel over Frieda's affections.
(d) K. wants to know when the Count will come see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
2. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
3. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
4. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
5. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)