|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX: The Struggle Against the Interrogation and Chapter X: On the Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the attitude of the people in the house toward K.?
(a) They are scared to have K. in the house.
(b) They are very pleased to welcome and feed K.
(c) They are not happy about taking him into their house.
(d) They are pleased to have K., but have no extra room, money, or food.
2. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
(a) They ride off to the Castle.
(b) They are brought back to the stable.
(c) They circle around the inn several times, before disappearing.
(d) They ride out to the country to meet Klamm.
3. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
(a) She believes the Castle dislikes him and anyplace he stays will have bad favor.
(b) She has revealed too much personal information to him.
(c) She has heard that he hangs out with undesirable people.
(d) She is afraid he won't have money to pay for his board.
4. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he must wait three days.
(b) He is told he can come at once.
(c) He is told no.
(d) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
5. What is the chairman suffering from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
2. How does the teacher characterize the chairman in the conversation?
3. What is it like inside Klamm's sleigh?
4. What position does the chairman offer to K.?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)