|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V: At the Chairman's and Chapter VI: Second Conversation with the Landlady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
(a) Cleaning the floors.
(b) Talking with customers and getting them to buy her drinks.
(d) Serving beer.
2. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He came to stay at her father's inn.
(b) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
(c) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
(d) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
3. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
(a) No one.
(c) Only those he wants to talk to.
(d) Only those who fill out the correct paperwork.
4. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
(c) Hans' uncle.
(d) The Count.
5. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
(a) That she doesn't want K. to get in trouble.
(b) That she is protecting Klamm.
(c) That she is protecting her daughter.
(d) That she is employed by Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
2. What does the landlady say about Barnabas' family?
3. How likely does Frieda's mother say it is for K. to see Klamm?
4. Where do Frieda and K. make love?
5. What do Artur and Jeremias look like?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)