|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V: At the Chairman's and Chapter VI: Second Conversation with the Landlady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To the inn to sleep.
(c) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(d) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
2. What does the chairman say about the Castle's phone system?
(a) That it's antiquated but effective.
(b) That it's never working.
(c) That it's a joke.
(d) That it's the most reliable part of the Castle bureaucracy.
3. What do Artur and Jeremias look like?
(a) Identical, with thick black beards.
(b) Similar to each other, but with different color hair.
(c) Similar to each other, but with different color eyes.
(d) Opposites, with one fat and the other thin.
4. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
(a) He is jealous of K.
(b) He is secretly employed by Klamm and does what the official wants.
(c) He resents the landlady and goes against whatever she wants.
(d) He supports the landlady in everything she asks for.
5. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
(a) The winding road confounds him, and he needs directions.
(b) Going uphill through snow tires him out.
(c) He is starving and needs some food.
(d) He is trying to avoid someone he sees on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does K. get to see Klamm?
2. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
3. What does K. tell Frieda's mother he wants to see Klamm for?
4. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
5. How does K. fear appearing, if the landlady is refused permission for K. to meet Klamm?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)