|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III: Frieda and Chapter IV: First Conversation with the Landlady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlady say about Barnabas' family?
(a) They won't talk to Frieda.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They have a bad reputation.
(d) They are snobs.
2. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
(a) She thought K. would be a good connection with the Castle.
(b) She thought it would be nice to talk to someone new.
(c) She was too tired to kick him out.
(d) She needed the money.
3. When K. leaves with Barnabas, where do they end up?
(a) At another inn.
(b) At Barnabas' house.
(c) At the Castle.
(d) At the churchyard.
4. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
(a) That she doesn't want K. to get in trouble.
(b) That she is protecting her daughter.
(c) That she is protecting Klamm.
(d) That she is employed by Klamm.
5. What is the attitude of the people in the house toward K.?
(a) They are pleased to have K., but have no extra room, money, or food.
(b) They are not happy about taking him into their house.
(c) They are very pleased to welcome and feed K.
(d) They are scared to have K. in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. say summoned him?
2. What does Schwarzer tell K. in the beginning of the novel when the two first meet?
3. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
4. How does K. get back to the inn?
5. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)