|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III: Frieda and Chapter IV: First Conversation with the Landlady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are enemies.
2. How likely does Frieda's mother say it is for K. to see Klamm?
(c) Somewhat unlikely.
(d) Very likely.
3. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
(a) By saying he is wanted at the Castle immediately.
(b) By saying he must go to work surveying the land the inn is on.
(c) By saying he must leave for his meeting with the village chairman.
(d) By saying he is not decent and must dress.
4. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
(a) She thought it would be nice to talk to someone new.
(b) She was too tired to kick him out.
(c) She needed the money.
(d) She thought K. would be a good connection with the Castle.
5. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(a) A Castle official.
(c) Some maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
2. What does K. tell Frieda's mother he wants to see Klamm for?
3. What is Barnabas' role, according to the letter from K.'s director?
4. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
5. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)