|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III: Frieda and Chapter IV: First Conversation with the Landlady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When K. leaves with Barnabas, where do they end up?
(a) At Barnabas' house.
(b) At the churchyard.
(c) At the Castle.
(d) At another inn.
2. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
(a) He is starving and needs some food.
(b) He is trying to avoid someone he sees on the road.
(c) Going uphill through snow tires him out.
(d) The winding road confounds him, and he needs directions.
3. Where do Frieda and K. make love?
(a) In the churchyard.
(b) On the taproom floor.
(c) Outside under a tree.
(d) In one of the inn's bedrooms.
4. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) Within the next week.
(c) Whenever Klamm has time in his schedule.
(d) Before he must report to the village authorities.
5. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
(a) That she is employed by Klamm.
(b) That she doesn't want K. to get in trouble.
(c) That she is protecting her daughter.
(d) That she is protecting Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Frieda have?
2. How many siblings does Barnabas have?
3. How does K. get to see Klamm?
4. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
5. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)