|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III: Frieda and Chapter IV: First Conversation with the Landlady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the attitude of the people in the house toward K.?
(a) They are not happy about taking him into their house.
(b) They are scared to have K. in the house.
(c) They are very pleased to welcome and feed K.
(d) They are pleased to have K., but have no extra room, money, or food.
2. Do the people in the house know about K.?
(a) No, they have only heard vague rumors of a stranger in town.
(b) Yes, but they pretend not to know of him.
(c) No, they have never heard anything about him.
(d) Yes, they have heard talk about him.
3. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(c) Some maids.
(d) A Castle official.
4. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he can come at once.
(b) He is told no.
(c) He is told he must wait three days.
(d) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
5. How does K. get back to the inn?
(a) On a horse.
(b) On a bicycle.
(c) In a sleigh.
(d) On foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Artur and Jeremias look like?
2. What answer do K.'s assistants get when they call the Castle for permission to visit?
3. What is Barnabas' role, according to the letter from K.'s director?
4. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
5. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)