|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI and Chapter XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
(a) His servant heard about it from the chairman's servant.
(b) He recorded a deposition of the conversation.
(c) He lives next door to the chairman, and the walls are thin.
(d) He heard about it from the chairman's wife.
2. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
(b) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(c) For the status it brings.
(d) For the money it brings.
3. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
(a) Residential papers for K.
(b) Permission for K. to marry.
(c) A promotion for K.
(d) Reimbursement for K.
4. How does the landlord say that the landlady has been feeling?
(a) Sick and upset because of K.
(b) Sad that she's hurt her daughter.
(c) Worried that she has hurt K.
(d) Nervous that K. will make trouble for her.
5. What reason does Frieda suggest for letting the assistants return?
(a) They might get K. in trouble, if they aren't allowed back.
(b) They might be a way of getting to Klamm.
(c) If they are brought back, they can be used as spies.
(d) They will spread rumors and ruin K.'s reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. take when he leaves Olga's house?
2. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
3. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
4. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
5. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)