|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII: The Teacher and Chapter VIII: Waiting for Klamm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
(b) Talking with customers and getting them to buy her drinks.
(c) Cleaning the floors.
(d) Serving beer.
2. How does the landlord say that the landlady has been feeling?
(a) Sad that she's hurt her daughter.
(b) Worried that she has hurt K.
(c) Nervous that K. will make trouble for her.
(d) Sick and upset because of K.
3. What does Frieda want K. to do about the job offer?
(a) She wants him to negotiate for a higher position.
(b) She wants him to reject the job.
(c) She wants him to negotiate for time off to be with her.
(d) She wants him to take the job.
4. What is the chairman suffering from?
5. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
(a) That she is employed by Klamm.
(b) That she is protecting her daughter.
(c) That she doesn't want K. to get in trouble.
(d) That she is protecting Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
2. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
3. What does Schwarzer tell K. in the beginning of the novel when the two first meet?
4. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
5. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)