|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII: The Teacher and Chapter VIII: Waiting for Klamm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
2. How does the teacher characterize the chairman in the conversation?
(a) Mean, bullying, and power-hungry.
(b) Bumbling and incompetent.
(c) Kind, helpful, and generous.
(d) Empty-headed and ignorant.
3. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) A rug.
(c) A bucket of water.
(d) A sheet.
4. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
(a) They ride off to the Castle.
(b) They circle around the inn several times, before disappearing.
(c) They ride out to the country to meet Klamm.
(d) They are brought back to the stable.
5. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
(a) Klamm only gives one gift to a mistress, when she leaves him.
(b) She is not a good enough mistress to deserve gifts.
(c) Klamm never gives gifts to his mistresses.
(d) She never asked for any gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
2. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
3. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
4. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
5. Where do Frieda and K. make love?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)