|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII: The Teacher and Chapter VIII: Waiting for Klamm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are enemies.
2. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
(a) A bucket of water.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) A rug.
(d) A sheet.
3. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To the inn to sleep.
(b) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(c) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
(d) To a friend's house.
4. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
(a) With Barnabas.
(b) At the Gentleman's Inn.
(c) With Artur.
(d) At the Castle.
5. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
(a) That she will continue to sleep with Klamm.
(b) That she will leave him when she learns the Castle does not need him.
(c) That she will make Klamm angry with her.
(d) That she will continue to feel attached to Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is K.'s first reaction to the job offer?
2. How does the teacher say K. treated the chairman?
3. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
4. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
5. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)