|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII: The Teacher and Chapter VIII: Waiting for Klamm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlady say about Barnabas' family?
(a) They have a bad reputation.
(b) They won't talk to Frieda.
(c) They are snobs.
(d) They are unfriendly.
2. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
(a) In the hallway outside K.'s room.
(b) On the street.
(c) In K.'s room.
(d) In the inn's parlor.
3. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is sunny and warm.
(b) It is cloudy and dark.
(c) It is raining.
(d) There is snow.
4. How does K. get to see Klamm?
(a) By passing him on the street.
(b) By rushing into his office unannounced.
(c) By looking through a peephole.
(d) By sitting next to him at the restaurant.
5. How does K. get back to the inn?
(a) On a bicycle.
(b) In a sleigh.
(c) On a horse.
(d) On foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
2. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
3. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
4. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
5. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)