|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV: At Amalia's and Chapter XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
(a) She thought it would be nice to talk to someone new.
(b) She thought K. would be a good connection with the Castle.
(c) She needed the money.
(d) She was too tired to kick him out.
2. How does the landlord say that the landlady has been feeling?
(a) Sad that she's hurt her daughter.
(b) Nervous that K. will make trouble for her.
(c) Sick and upset because of K.
(d) Worried that she has hurt K.
3. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
(a) She is not a good enough mistress to deserve gifts.
(b) Klamm only gives one gift to a mistress, when she leaves him.
(c) Klamm never gives gifts to his mistresses.
(d) She never asked for any gifts.
4. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(a) Some maids.
(b) A Castle official.
5. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
(a) Klamm's missionaries.
(b) Klamm's emissaries.
(c) Klamm's entourage.
(d) Klamm's misfits.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
2. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
3. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
4. Where do the letters Barnabas delivers come from?
5. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)