|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV: At Amalia's and Chapter XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Frieda agree with what K. wants to do about the assistants?
(a) No, she wants to keep the assistants near them constantly.
(b) Yes, though she is more tolerant of the assistants than K. is.
(c) No, but she wants more time away from teh assistants.
(d) Yes, she is even more critical of the assistants than K. is.
2. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
(a) Klamm's entourage.
(b) Klamm's missionaries.
(c) Klamm's misfits.
(d) Klamm's emissaries.
3. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
(a) They are inefficient.
(b) They work in his favor.
(c) They are failures.
(d) They enhance communication.
4. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He came to stay at her father's inn.
(b) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
(c) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
(d) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
5. What photo does the landlady show K.?
(a) A photo of herself as a young girl.
(b) A photo of a messenger Klamm sent to her long ago.
(c) A photo of her husband as a young man.
(d) A photo of Frieda as a young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document does the chairman try to locate?
2. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
3. What reason does Frieda give that she is sad she left the Gentlemen's Inn?
4. Why do the characters have trouble sleeping at the school?
5. What reason does Frieda suggest for letting the assistants return?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)