|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV: At Amalia's and Chapter XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the letters Barnabas delivers come from?
(a) A stack of old letters.
(b) A mysterious unseen person inside an office.
(c) A clerk who writes letters all day.
(d) A machine.
2. Who is the gentleman waiting for K. at the beginning of Chapter IX?
(a) Klamm's brother.
(b) Klamm's village secretary.
(c) Klamm's valet.
(d) Klamm's senior assistant.
3. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
(a) A few hours after K. had left.
(b) Before K. arrived at the Gentleman's Inn.
(c) While K. was waiting for Klamm.
(d) As soon as K. was out of the way.
4. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
(a) Bureaucratic error.
(b) To carry out a secret plot for the Count.
(c) To survey land for a new section of the village.
(d) To pad the kingdom's budget.
5. How does the landlord say that the landlady has been feeling?
(a) Worried that she has hurt K.
(b) Nervous that K. will make trouble for her.
(c) Sick and upset because of K.
(d) Sad that she's hurt her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. hope to ask Klamm for, when he meets with him?
2. Where are K. and his assistants living at the beginning of Chapter XI?
3. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
4. What is the chairman suffering from?
5. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)