|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX: Petitioning and Chapter XX: Olga's Plans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Galater?
(a) Klamm's boss.
(b) Klamm's new secretary.
(c) Klamm's uncle.
(d) Klamm's substitute.
2. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A picture.
(c) The peephole.
(d) An inscription.
3. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
(a) She has revealed too much personal information to him.
(b) She is afraid he won't have money to pay for his board.
(c) She has heard that he hangs out with undesirable people.
(d) She believes the Castle dislikes him and anyplace he stays will have bad favor.
4. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
(a) Hans' father wanted to summon a land surveyor.
(b) Hans' father was once a stranger in the village.
(c) Hans' father also wants to see Klamm.
(d) Hans' father is a land surveyor like K.
5. What position does the chairman offer to K.?
(a) School librarian.
(b) Surveying instructor.
(c) Clock maintenance worker.
(d) School janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
2. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
3. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
4. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
5. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)