|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX: Petitioning and Chapter XX: Olga's Plans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Petition the Castle.
(b) Talk to Sortini.
(c) Publically chastise the community.
(d) Publically plead for forgiveness.
2. What does Frieda want K. to do about the job offer?
(a) She wants him to reject the job.
(b) She wants him to take the job.
(c) She wants him to negotiate for a higher position.
(d) She wants him to negotiate for time off to be with her.
3. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
(b) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
(c) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
(d) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
4. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) An inscription.
(b) A lantern.
(c) The peephole.
(d) A picture.
5. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
2. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
3. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
4. Who was the first letter that Barnabas delivered sent to?
5. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)