|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX: Petitioning and Chapter XX: Olga's Plans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
(b) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
(c) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
(d) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
2. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) A picture.
(b) The peephole.
(c) An inscription.
(d) A lantern.
3. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
(a) On the street.
(b) In K.'s room.
(c) In the inn's parlor.
(d) In the hallway outside K.'s room.
4. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
(a) Klamm is away in the country for two or three days.
(b) Klamm has moved to another room, as he does each night.
(c) Klamm is back at the Castle already.
(d) Klamm's room is empty, and he is getting ready to leave.
5. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
(a) Hans' father also wants to see Klamm.
(b) Hans' father is a land surveyor like K.
(c) Hans' father wanted to summon a land surveyor.
(d) Hans' father was once a stranger in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
2. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
3. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
4. What position does the chairman offer to K.?
5. Why does the teacher say the offer is a great favor?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)