|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author searches for truth based on what?
2. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
3. Who, according to the writings of Josephus, was responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?
4. What kind of scholars negate the supernatural aspects of Jesus?
5. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the author's intention test?
2. After researching the medical evidence surrounding the death of Christ, what reason does the author determine was the reason that Jesus died?
3. How is the Bible like other ancient works?
4. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
5. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
6. Who talks about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
7. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
8. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
9. Who exactly was Matthew?
10. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
Essay Topic 1
What was the writer's purpose in this book? Was the writer's purpose the same throughout his research, or did his purpose change? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is an anecdote, and what is its role in nonfiction? Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 3
What does the tone of "The Case for Christ" say about the author? Support your answers and include the definition of tone in your response.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)