|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
2. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
3. What reliability does the author also look to prove about the gospel based on corroborating evidence outside of the Bible?
4. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
5. What historic figure, other than Jesus, was said to have raised people from the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who exactly was Matthew?
2. According to the author's witness testimony, why was Jesus reserved about telling the public that he was the Messiah?
3. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
4. In what language are the four languages of the secondary manuscripts written that authenticate the reliablity of the gospels?
5. Who was Luke and what did he write?
6. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
7. What, according to the gospel, is John's purpose in writing the information?
8. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
9. Why are stories about Apollonius raising the dead looked upon as legend while the same types of stories about Jesus are viewed as truth?
10. What is the author's religious background?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Define the terms "atheism" and "agnosticism." Which is most relevant to this book and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Luke to history and the investigation in "The Case for Christ."
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)