|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
2. What is the author's religious belief/preference as he begins his quest for knowledge?
3. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
4. What did Josephus write?
5. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author's ability test question?
2. Does archeology contradict or confirm the reliability of the gospels?
3. Who was Luke and what did he write?
4. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
5. Why did Herod order baby boys to be killed?
6. What is the goal of the Jesus Seminar?
7. According to the author's witness testimony, why was Jesus reserved about telling the public that he was the Messiah?
8. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
9. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
10. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does archeology play in the investigation into the life and death of Christ? Can it prove or disprove that the Bible is the word of God? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of Luke to history and the investigation in "The Case for Christ."
Essay Topic 3
How important are the qualifications of the author of this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the author's qualifications?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)