|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the themes of ancient mystery religions?
2. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
3. What is the Q source?
4. What is the author's writing background?
5. Jesus is known as Son of God and Son of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
2. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
3. Who exactly was Matthew?
4. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
5. Why is the work of Tacitus important to the case for Christ?
6. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
7. According to the author's witness testimony, why was Jesus reserved about telling the public that he was the Messiah?
8. How many parts does the author break the book into and what does he title them?
9. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
10. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is nonfiction? What is creative nonfiction? How are the two different, and how are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
Define the terms "atheism" and "agnosticism." Which is most relevant to this book and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss one motif from "The Case for Christ." Be certain to define motif in your response.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)