|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
2. How has 40 years of research affected Yamauchi's faith?
3. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
4. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
5. What impact do the writings of the apostle Paul have on the New Testament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
2. Who exactly was Matthew?
3. Why is the work of Tacitus important to the case for Christ?
4. In what language are the four languages of the secondary manuscripts written that authenticate the reliablity of the gospels?
5. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
6. What, according to the gospel, is John's purpose in writing the information?
7. Why did Herod order baby boys to be killed?
8. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
9. How is the Bible like other ancient works?
10. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What initiated the author's interest in "The Case for Christ"? Discuss his fears and his revelations regarding the matter.
Essay Topic 2
Define Christianity. Given this definition, why is it important for the author to prove or disprove the resurrection of Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)