|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
2. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
3. Who was the second person to record that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
4. Who believes Jesus did not say 82 percent of what is attributed to him in the gospels?
5. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
2. What is the author's religious background?
3. Who exactly was Matthew?
4. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
5. According to the author's witness testimony, why was Jesus reserved about telling the public that he was the Messiah?
6. Does archeology contradict or confirm the reliability of the gospels?
7. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
8. When was the nonbiblical manuscript known as 4Q521 written, and in what language was it written?
9. How many parts does the author break the book into and what does he title them?
10. What is the purpose of the author's intention test?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is nonfiction? What is creative nonfiction? How are the two different, and how are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
What are the four gospels of the Bible, and who is credited with writing each one?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)