|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
2. On what is the current Bible based on?
3. What crime was Jeffry McDonald accused of committing?
4. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
5. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
2. When was the nonbiblical manuscript known as 4Q521 written, and in what language was it written?
3. How many parts does the author break the book into and what does he title them?
4. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
5. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
6. What does the author's ability test question?
7. What is the Q source?
8. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
9. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
10. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define Christianity. Given this definition, why is it important for the author to prove or disprove the resurrection of Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
What does the tone of "The Case for Christ" say about the author? Support your answers and include the definition of tone in your response.
Essay Topic 3
What role does archeology play in the investigation into the life and death of Christ? Can it prove or disprove that the Bible is the word of God? Why or why not?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)