|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reliability does the author also look to prove about the gospel based on corroborating evidence outside of the Bible?
2. At which point does Jesus confirm his identity?
3. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
4. Jesus is known as Son of God and Son of what?
5. What was the most important aspect of the documents Strobel discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Q source?
2. Why are stories about Apollonius raising the dead looked upon as legend while the same types of stories about Jesus are viewed as truth?
3. How is the Bible like other ancient works?
4. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
5. Does archeology contradict or confirm the reliability of the gospels?
6. What is the goal of the Jesus Seminar?
7. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
8. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
9. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
10. Who was Luke and what did he write?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the promises and challenges of translations of ancient literature. How does the author justify the translations of the Bible?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss one motif from "The Case for Christ." Be certain to define motif in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book and give examples from the text.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)