|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Blomberg give for accepting the gospels as testimony in Strobel's case for Christ?
2. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
3. What historic figure, other than Jesus, was said to have raised people from the dead?
4. Why was Jeffry McDonald certain a jury would not convict him?
5. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many parts does the author break the book into and what does he title them?
2. Does archeology contradict or confirm the reliability of the gospels?
3. What is a delusional psychosis?
4. Who talks about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
5. Why did Herod order baby boys to be killed?
6. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, did Jesus suffer from mental illness? How does the witness arrive at this conclusion?
7. What does the author's ability test question?
8. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
9. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
10. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the historian Tacticus to Strobel's investigation into the case for Christ.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the promises and challenges of translations of ancient literature. How does the author justify the translations of the Bible?
Essay Topic 3
What does the tone of "The Case for Christ" say about the author? Support your answers and include the definition of tone in your response.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)