|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the truth about the author's fear?
2. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
3. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
4. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
5. When the law changed and the Chicago crime leader was retried, what was used to get a guilty verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
2. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
3. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
4. What does the author's ability test question?
5. What is the purpose of the author's intention test?
6. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
7. Who exactly was Matthew?
8. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
9. What is the author's religious background?
10. Why is the work of Tacitus important to the case for Christ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Luke to history and the investigation in "The Case for Christ."
Essay Topic 2
What does the tone of "The Case for Christ" say about the author? Support your answers and include the definition of tone in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book and give examples from the text.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)