|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
2. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
3. Why aren't all accounts of the gospel exactly alike, according to Blomberg?
4. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
5. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to the gospel, is John's purpose in writing the information?
2. How does writing the book affect the author?
3. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
4. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
5. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, did Jesus suffer from mental illness? How does the witness arrive at this conclusion?
6. Did Jesus ever deny being God?
7. What is the Q source?
8. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
9. How is the Bible like other ancient works?
10. What three things can medical evidence prove?
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss one motif from "The Case for Christ." Be certain to define motif in your response.
Essay Topic 2
What is an anecdote, and what is its role in nonfiction? Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 3
What initiated the author's interest in "The Case for Christ"? Discuss his fears and his revelations regarding the matter.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)