|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
2. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
3. In the introduction, how long do we learn was the author's spiritual journey?
4. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
5. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's professional background?
2. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
3. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
4. What is the author's religious background?
5. According to the author's witness testimony, why was Jesus reserved about telling the public that he was the Messiah?
6. Why is the work of Tacitus important to the case for Christ?
7. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
8. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
9. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
10. What is the Q source?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss evidence as a theme in "The Case for Christ."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the historian Tacticus to Strobel's investigation into the case for Christ.
Essay Topic 3
What is an anecdote, and what is its role in nonfiction? Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)