|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the writers of the gospels?
2. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
3. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
4. Which of the author's interviewees has experience as an archeological expert in the Middle East?
5. According to The Five Gospels, how many pillars must one follow to become a biblical scholar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
2. What is the author's religious background?
3. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
4. Who was Luke and what did he write?
5. What does the author's ability test question?
6. What is the author's professional background?
7. How many parts does the author break the book into and what does he title them?
8. Who exactly was Matthew?
9. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
10. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss evidence as a theme in "The Case for Christ."
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author discount the healings credited to Apollonius but maintain the ones by Christ as credible?
Essay Topic 3
What are the four gospels of the Bible, and who is credited with writing each one?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)