Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
2. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
3. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
4. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
5. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author believe the sightings of Jesus after his resurrection were not hallucinations?
2. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
3. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
4. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
5. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
6. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
7. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
8. What is the importance of the willingness of the disciples to die for their beliefs?
9. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
10. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
Essay Topic 1
What initiated the author's interest in "The Case for Christ"? Discuss his fears and his revelations regarding the matter.
Essay Topic 2
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Strobel, the author of "The Case for Christ," is the main character/subject of this book. Does the reader see both good and bad qualities about him in the book? Why or why not? Is Strobel any less of a main character/subject if the reader does not see both good and bad qualities about him? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the historian Tacticus to Strobel's investigation into the case for Christ.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)