|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of scholars negate the supernatural aspects of Jesus?
2. How does the Chicago crime leader in the author's example get a not-guilty verdict in court?
3. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
4. What does Jesus call God to show a personal relationship with him?
5. The author searches for truth based on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's professional background?
2. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
3. Who exactly was Matthew?
4. In what language are the four languages of the secondary manuscripts written that authenticate the reliablity of the gospels?
5. Who was Luke and what did he write?
6. What is the Q source?
7. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
8. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
9. According to the author's witness testimony, why was Jesus reserved about telling the public that he was the Messiah?
10. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author discount the healings credited to Apollonius but maintain the ones by Christ as credible?
Essay Topic 2
Define the terms "atheism" and "agnosticism." Which is most relevant to this book and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Name six subgenres of creative nonfiction and explain each one. To which subgenre does "The Case for Christ" belong? Support your claim with evidence from the book.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)