|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important to know how many books and articles witness Donald Carson has written?
(a) Because he is a famous writer.
(b) To show his determination.
(c) Because the author is trying to fill space.
(d) To show his credibility.
2. What question does the author hope to answer with the testimony of witness Donald Carson?
(a) If Christ knew the meaning of Messiah.
(b) If Jesus was the Messiah.
(c) If Jesus knew he was the Messiah.
(d) If Christ exhibited the attributes of God.
3. Who writes about two encounters with the risen Jesus?
4. How does Craig explain discrepancies of the time of day in accounts of finding Jesus' tomb empty?
(a) It depends on the gender of the story teller.
(b) It is only important if Jesus had existed.
(c) It depends on the outlook of the person telling the story.
(d) It is irrelevant.
5. The author's witness with a Jewish background once viewed the New Testament as a guidebook for what group?
(a) The Democratic party.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The American Nazi party.
(d) The German Reich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Typical people with psychosis display what kind of emotions?
2. Where can information be discovered regarding the swoon theory?
3. According to Carson, what does Jesus' forgiving nature represent?
4. How is the author reconciled with God?
5. What fulfills the prophecy that claims the Messiah's bones will be out of joint?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
2. Why did the people of his era not think Jesus was a madman?
3. What is the swoon theory?
4. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
5. What is one way that the resurrection of Jesus changed the lives of Jewish believers?
6. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
7. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
8. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
9. Why does the author believe that Jesus is not omnipresent and omniscient?
10. How does writing the book affect the author?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)