|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visited Jesus' tomb and found it empty?
(a) A group of women.
(b) The woman from the well.
(d) Paul and Peter.
2. What symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus?
(a) A frantic guard.
(b) The cross.
(c) An empty well.
(d) An empty tomb.
3. Where can information be discovered regarding the swoon theory?
(a) In any modern medical book.
(b) In the Bible.
(c) In the Koran.
(d) In a general psych book.
4. What is Craig's conclusion regarding whether Jesus' tomb was really empty?
(a) It was empty because it had been robbed.
(b) It was not empty.
(c) He cannot conclude without a doubt.
(d) It was empty.
5. Who writes about two encounters with the risen Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the author's witnesses was raised as a conservative Jew but now is a Christian preacher?
2. Who tried to discredit Jesus' teachings about himself as the Good Shepherd?
3. Which of the following was NOT part of the agony Christ experienced on the cross.
4. In discussing the psychology of Jesus, what question does discussion of his mental state lead to?
5. What role does the reader assume in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does writing the book affect the author?
2. After researching the medical evidence surrounding the death of Christ, what reason does the author determine was the reason that Jesus died?
3. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
4. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
5. Did Jesus ever deny being God?
6. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
7. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, did Jesus suffer from mental illness? How does the witness arrive at this conclusion?
8. What three things can medical evidence prove?
9. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
10. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)