|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to discredit Jesus' teachings about himself as the Good Shepherd?
(c) Jewish religious leaders.
2. What is the topic of witness Donald Carson's books?
(a) Jewish tradition.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) The Hebrew language.
(d) The New Testament.
3. What evidence can scientifically prove a time of death?
4. What does the Bible say will be unusual about the birth of the Messiah?
(a) Birth would not be at home.
(b) Birth outside of a hospital.
(c) Birth at home.
(d) Birth to a virgin mother.
5. What two facets of character does Carson say prove Christ's deity?
(a) Moral perfection and the ability to forgive.
(b) Moral perfection and the ability to love all.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Devotion to God and love for man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carson, what does Jesus' forgiving nature represent?
2. Which book in the Bible mentions two encounters with a risen Jesus?
3. What specialty is witness Donald Carson known for?
4. Who was convicted of blowing up the federal building in Oklahoma City?
5. What is significant about the size of the crowd to which the risen Jesus appeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does writing the book affect the author?
2. Name two physical situations that Metherell says Jesus suffered while on the cross.
3. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
4. What is one way that the resurrection of Jesus changed the lives of Jewish believers?
5. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
6. Who talks about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
7. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
8. Why does the author believe that Jesus is not omnipresent and omniscient?
9. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
10. Why is Gary Habermas' background important to this book?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)