|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Verdict of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
(a) He didn't want to get stoned.
(b) The Jews would have declared it blasphemy.
(c) He wasn't sure himself.
(d) He didn't want the resposiblity right away.
2. What was the subject of Gary Habermas' doctorate dissertation?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The life of Jesus.
(c) The actual existence of Jesus.
(d) The healing powers of Jesus.
3. The author searches for truth based on what?
(b) Medical history.
4. What evidence does the author forget to ask about, according to Moreland?
(a) Ongoing and current encounters with Jesus.
(b) Testimony written by Jesus.
(c) Drawings of the event.
(d) The Dead Sea Scrolls.
5. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus performed miracles.
(b) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(c) That Jesus was a good man.
(d) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
2. The author interviews a witness in his case for Christ from which federal agency?
3. Who does the author say taught about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
4. Who informs the group that Jesus has risen from the tomb?
5. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)