|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Verdict of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fluids John sees when a guard stabs Jesus in the side?
(b) Blood and urine.
(c) Pleural and pericardial.
(d) Blood and wine.
2. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
(a) The Jews would have declared it blasphemy.
(b) He didn't want to get stoned.
(c) He didn't want the resposiblity right away.
(d) He wasn't sure himself.
3. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
(a) Dissimilarity and multiple attestation.
(b) Quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
(c) Function and reliability.
(d) Naturalism and functionalism.
4. What impact do the writings of the apostle Paul have on the New Testament?
(a) They corroborate New Testament accounts.
(b) They create more questions.
(c) They have no impact.
(d) They show faith in action among the apostles.
5. What question does the author hope to answer with the testimony of witness Donald Carson?
(a) If Christ exhibited the attributes of God.
(b) If Jesus knew he was the Messiah.
(c) If Christ knew the meaning of Messiah.
(d) If Jesus was the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Q source?
2. Who were not regarded as reliable witnesses during Jesus' time?
3. What example does Habermas use to explain how accounts of Jesus' resurrection could be valid without an eye witness?
4. What is significant about the size of the crowd to which the risen Jesus appeared?
5. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)