|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Verdict of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which branch of the military did Jeffry McDonald belong?
(c) National Guard.
(d) Air Force.
2. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Originality test.
(b) Plagarism test.
(c) Authorship test.
(d) Intention test.
3. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
(a) Some of their phrases do not exist in today's culture.
(b) They are minor.
(c) The language has changed since then.
(d) They don't affect doctrine.
4. At which point does Jesus confirm his identity?
(a) When he tells Paul the commandments.
(b) At his baptism.
(c) When he preaches from a mountaintop in Cairo.
(d) At age 12.
5. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
(a) He didn't want to get stoned.
(b) The Jews would have declared it blasphemy.
(c) He didn't want the resposiblity right away.
(d) He wasn't sure himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Five Gospels, how many pillars must one follow to become a biblical scholar?
2. What fulfills the prophecy that claims the Messiah's bones will be out of joint?
3. What did Josephus write?
4. Who tried to discredit Jesus' teachings about himself as the Good Shepherd?
5. Which gospels does Strobel challenge because they do not begin with a claim to strive toward accuracy?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)