|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Verdict of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
(a) 400 years.
(b) 33 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 125 years.
2. How many experts does the author interview?
3. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
(a) Question, study, and focus.
(b) Study, discuss, evaluate.
(c) Interview, listen, and read.
(d) Examine, analyze, and research.
4. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
(a) The language has changed since then.
(b) They don't affect doctrine.
(c) Some of their phrases do not exist in today's culture.
(d) They are minor.
5. Which of the author's interviewees has experience as an archeological expert in the Middle East?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shock did the severe beating Jesus received before his execution create?
2. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
3. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
4. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
5. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)