|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Verdict of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
(a) Predeterminations and predictions.
(b) Preconceptions and prejudices.
(c) Skepticism and sarcasm.
(d) Knowledge and power.
2. Does Witherington believe Jesus saw himself as the son of God?
(b) Not enough information is avaialble.
(c) Jesus thought he was, but did not know for certain.
3. Where can information be discovered regarding the swoon theory?
(a) In the Bible.
(b) In any modern medical book.
(c) In the Koran.
(d) In a general psych book.
4. Who was convicted of blowing up the federal building in Oklahoma City?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(b) Timothy Leary.
(c) J. Habermas.
(d) Timothy McVeigh.
5. What is the author's writing background?
(a) Gospel songs.
(b) Crime reporting.
(c) Magazine features.
(d) Adult fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus face temptation?
2. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
3. How old was the author's witness with a Jewish background when he began to question his family's religion?
4. What did Josephus' writings prove?
5. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)