Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Beta's first book?
(a) The Shining Sun.
(b) The Stony World.
(c) The Stone and Sky.
(d) The Stony Ground.
2. When a man refuses to become a shock-worker in a factory, what does he soon find?
(a) He is denied the privileges of better work or vacation.
(b) He is demoted until he can learn respect.
(c) He is fired, and cannot provide for his family.
(d) He is imprisoned until his views change.
3. While living in exile, how did Delta feel?
(a) Popular and well-liked.
(b) A drunkard.
(c) Lonely and forgotten.
(d) A poor writer.
4. As Chapter 8 briefly explains, how does the State regard the propertied class?
(a) Least hopeful for reform.
(b) Most important.
(c) Least important.
(d) Least likely to rebel.
5. After coming to power, in 1945, the Party recognized that the best way to control a nation is through what force?
(a) Spies and informers.
(b) The written and spoken word.
(c) Parades and speeches.
(d) Brute force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Party dialecticians change the Method when necessary?
2. How much time did Beta spend in the concentration camp Auschwitz?
3. In communist thought, where is there no division?
4. In Chapter 5, how is Beta characterized?
5. In Chapter 8, Milosz explains that the totalitarian states places such emotional strain on its citizens that what occurs?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)