|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Delta, in his enthusiasm, love?
(a) The whirlpool of human emotions.
(b) The words of intellectuals.
(c) The literary cafes.
(d) Crowds and festivals.
2. In Milosz's understanding, the class of the bourgeois is comprised of what people?
(b) Workers and peasants.
(c) National companies.
(d) Small merchants and craftsmen.
3. As Milosz witnessed, why was becoming a communist a difficult decision?
(a) A person gave up all his personal property.
(b) A person became subject to the whims of the bourgeois.
(c) A person renounced his sense of nationalism.
(d) A person renounced his sense of personality.
4. How were Gamma's interactions with people characterized?
(a) With complete honesty.
(b) By his drive for power.
(c) With deceit and artifice.
(d) By his loyalty to the party.
5. The state methods of teaching give the illusion of what?
(a) Complete knowledge.
(b) Complete power.
(c) Historical right.
(d) A mysterious unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the relationship between Gamma and the author be described?
2. In Chapter 5, how is Beta characterized?
3. Because he believed in earthly salvation, what did Beta argue?
4. As Chapter 8 briefly explains, how does the State regard the propertied class?
5. Beta wrote poems characterized by what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)