|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What view of Poland's past did Delta's poetry present?
(a) The past was close to dying out.
(b) The past had the power to save her people from communism.
(c) The past provided an alternative to communism.
(d) The past held no hope of peace or rest.
2. As Chapter 8 briefly explains, how does the State regard the propertied class?
(a) Least hopeful for reform.
(b) Least important.
(c) Least likely to rebel.
(d) Most important.
3. While living in exile, how did Delta feel?
(a) A poor writer.
(b) Lonely and forgotten.
(c) A drunkard.
(d) Popular and well-liked.
4. What was the result of this group created by Gamma and his friends?
(a) Exiled for trying to usurp power from the center in Moscow.
(b) Disbanded after two years because it lost popularity.
(c) Publicly praised for its faithfulness to communist ideals.
(d) The beginning of the communist government in Warsaw.
5. As he got older, how did Gamma feel about his life?
(a) He had wasted his youth on reckless living.
(b) He had wasted his youth in service of the party.
(c) He had become too comfortable with his accomplishments.
(d) He had not devoted enough energy to the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Delta's cheerful poetry treated?
2. Delta would have fit well into what time period?
3. Because the Communist Party was at first illegal in Poland, what did party members do?
4. As detailed in Chapter 6, what was the first maxim of the communist rule as it established power in a newly-conquered country?
5. Where did the man Gamma grow up?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)