|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gamma, the Slave of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who assert that their work is most important, rather than the ends and benefactors of the work, are following which Ketman?
(a) Ethical Ketman.
(b) Aesthetic Ketman
(c) Professional Ketman.
(d) Sceptical Ketman
2. In light of Beta's poetry, how does Milosz treat the modern artist's potential?
(a) He can never know rest or inactivity.
(b) He follows the artistic traditions of former eras.
(c) He works best without established equilibrium.
(d) He is condemned to inactivity.
3. In Chapter 4, once the Nazis took over a country, how did they treat the printing presses?
(a) Almost nothing was printed in that country's language.
(b) They took over the presses to print large volumes of propaganda.
(c) They destroyed the printing presses and offices.
(d) Printing continued as normal.
4. What school of thought gave Alpha the tragic language he needed?
5. Fifty years of re-education within the party can change entire nations so that they become what?
(b) Sly and vicious.
(c) Docile and obedient.
(d) Utterly subservient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the inhabitants of communist countries appear?
2. The Ketman of revolutionary purity holds that a tyrant's reign may be justified in what circumstances?
3. What event did Alpha and Milosz narrowly miss one day as they were returning from the train station?
4. When do Beta's stories show that people are good?
5. Because he believed in earthly salvation, what did Beta argue?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)