|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gamma, the Slave of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Russia, what organization did Gamma and several of his friends create?
(a) The Society of Enlightened Communist Workers.
(b) The Union of Workers.
(c) The Union of Patriots.
(d) The Society for the Well-Being of Mankind.
2. Alpha's response to the Nazis' violent anti-Semitism was what emotion?
(d) Quiet approval.
3. When did Alpha became a more religious writer?
(a) When he became more fully involved in the church.
(b) When he scoffed all Catholic writers.
(c) When he turned his back on Christianity.
(d) When he supported the underground Catholic church.
4. Milosz explains that people who enter into the state feel what emotion?
(a) That there is no other hope of salvation.
(b) Complete joy.
(c) Some hesitation because of their personal property.
(d) Some hesitation because of their children.
5. During World War II, how did the nearness of death affect the Poles' lives?
(a) It instilled terror.
(b) It made them ambivalent to the future.
(c) It created a daily thankfulness for life.
(d) It destroyed all sense of shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. How prevalent is National Ketman?
2. Why did Alpha eventually become a communist?
3. Alpha became a moral authority, as he had dreamed, because of his work in what place?
4. As he got older, how did Gamma feel about his life?
5. Chapter 6 opens with a picture of Vilna, which is a city of __________ .
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)