|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alpha, the Moralist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1940s, once they were freed of the past, how did the Eastern countries think?
(a) They returned to a feudalist system.
(b) They had no choice but the New Faith.
(c) They modified capitalism to fit their needs.
(d) They regretted their choice.
2. Within communist countries, it is not important what a man says but:
(a) Who hears him.
(b) What he wanted to say.
(c) How it is received.
(d) How he says it.
3. According the Chapter 2, what does the Method emphasize about change?
(b) Moderate, deliberate change.
(c) Exercise of critical faculties.
(d) Fluidity of phenomena.
4. Russian engineers and doctors ________ Western innovations.
5. American politics regarded Russia's invasion of Eastern countries with what emotion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who assert that their work is most important, rather than the ends and benefactors of the work, are following which Ketman?
2. As explained in Chapter 2, the party considers _________ one of the highest virtues.
3. Witkiewicz's book dealt solely with what aspect of society?
4. As far as man's preferences in Western art and literature, what aspect does Milosz refer to?
5. The Ketman of revolutionary purity holds that a tyrant's reign may be justified in what circumstances?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)