|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alpha, the Moralist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Milosz admits that he has great admiration for what people or force?
(a) The people who fight evil.
(b) The impersonal forces of history.
(c) The people who bring about change.
(d) The philosophers who prepare the way for change.
2. In what city did Alpha the Moralist live?
3. Witkiewicz's book dealt solely with what aspect of society?
(a) Decay in society.
(b) Decay in industrial abilities.
(c) Salvation for mankind.
(d) Futuristic societies.
4. How do the Multi-Bing pills change a man?
(a) They erase vestiges of harmful personality.
(b) They erase all metaphysical concerns.
(c) They make him more productive in society.
(d) They create nervousness and tension.
5. According the Chapter 2, what does the Method emphasize about change?
(a) Fluidity of phenomena.
(b) Exercise of critical faculties.
(d) Moderate, deliberate change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every man considers his mode of life as what?
2. The people who practice metaphysical Ketman are often former ____________ .
3. After the war, how was Alpha was received by Polish communists?
4. As seen in Chapter 2, how does the poet of a communist country write?
5. In Chapter 4, who is Alpha, the Moralist?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)