|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ketman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Milosz's experience, how does a man change under communist rule?
(a) He sees the new rule as unnatural.
(b) He asks questions so he can understand the new government.
(c) He gains new habits quickly and asks no questions.
(d) He gains new habits slowly and painfully.
2. Multi-Bing pills establish ________ foundations rather than _________ .
(a) Aesthetic, religious.
(b) Scientific, religious.
(c) Philosophical, scientific.
(d) Materialistic, aesthetic.
3. Art and literature of the party prove to the intellectual that what is true about the world?
(a) Things cannot be different than they are.
(b) Things can be different if he works hard enough.
(c) Only the party can change things.
(d) Only Western influence can change things.
4. Those who assert that their work is most important, rather than the ends and benefactors of the work, are following which Ketman?
(a) Aesthetic Ketman
(b) Ethical Ketman.
(c) Sceptical Ketman
(d) Professional Ketman.
5. The most difficult thing for a man of the New Faith to conquer, according to Milosz, is his feeling of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cosmopolitanism, as defined by communism, is what thought?
2. Every man considers his mode of life as what?
3. By standards of the East, as compared to the West, how is anyone with talent treated?
4. Milosz says that an individual has no more significance to the muse of history than what object?
5. Fifty years of re-education within the party can change entire nations so that they become what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)