|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ketman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Witkiewicz's novel, the characters ultimately become:
2. Witkiewicz's book dealt solely with what aspect of society?
(a) Decay in industrial abilities.
(b) Futuristic societies.
(c) Salvation for mankind.
(d) Decay in society.
3. Citizens of communist countries become adept in what skill, according to Milosz?
4. The Multi-Bing pills are most tempting to what type of person?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A worker.
5. Chapter 2 notes that though it is good to be free from something, how does freedom become better?
(a) For something.
(b) To work.
(c) To rest.
(d) From many things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Milosz says that an individual has no more significance to the muse of history than what object?
2. Milosz ends Chapter I with the question:
3. According to several examples from Eastern history, how is Ketman a way of living?
4. In Witkeiwicz's novel, if man is attuned to the absurd, what does he see?
5. The atmosphere in a collective society is one of what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)