1. Milosz's book The Captive Mind deals with what subject?
(a) Fictional characters.
(b) What he heard about after living in the United States.
(c) Society some time in the future.
(d) What he experienced living in Poland.
2. In the mid-twentieth century, many European nations realized that they could be directly influenced by what force?
(d) New rulers.
3. In 1932, Stanislaw Ignacy Witkiewicz wrote a book entitled what?
4. Witkiewicz's book dealt solely with what aspect of society?
(a) Futuristic societies.
(b) Salvation for mankind.
(c) Decay in society.
(d) Decay in industrial abilities.
5. How do the Multi-Bing pills change a man?
(a) They erase all metaphysical concerns.
(b) They erase vestiges of harmful personality.
(c) They make him more productive in society.
(d) They create nervousness and tension.
6. In Witkiewicz's novel, the characters ultimately become:
7. Witkiewicz thought art and philosophy were living out their last days, and how did he see their end?
(a) He found life without them unbearable.
(b) He tried to slow their decay.
(c) He couldn't wait until they were gone.
(d) He tried to speed their demise.
This section contains 5,680 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)