|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Aunt Betty get?
2. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
3. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
4. Why does Mama say she and Aunt Betty are going to Minneapolis?
5. When does Mama go to play bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
2. Whom does Lark tell about the plans to begin building on a house and what does she say about it?
3. What does Lark think and do in the restroom of the train?
4. How does Mama spend the money she wins at the theater?
5. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
6. What does Papa say to Lark when he comes into the bedroom to get a handkerchief and how does Lark respond?
7. What is Lark's reaction after her confession and what does she wonder about the adults who have gone through this?
8. Describe the opening conversation between Lark and Mama when Lark reaches her seat.
9. How does Christmas change for the family after the plans emerge to go to California?
10. What is Papa's last-ditch effort to try to get Mama to remain? What are the reactions of Mama and Lark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lark's relationship with her father. How does it compare with her relationship with her mother?
Essay Topic 2
Describe where Lark and her family live. How does that compare with where Kathleen lives? With where Beverly lives? With where Sally lives? With where her Aunt Betty lives prior to the birth of her baby?
Essay Topic 3
Lark's three best friends can be identified as Sally, Beverly, and Hilly. Identify each and describe their relationships with Lark. How does each impact Lark?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)