|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Stillman, who came to visit while Lark napped?
2. Why does Mama say she and Aunt Betty are going to Minneapolis?
3. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
4. What does Lark say happened to her little girl's best friend?
5. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lark is afraid that Marjorie Ann is in limbo, Hilly went to hell, and she is bound for hell for her myriad of sins. Explain why Lark believes these things and what impact these beliefs have on Lark, her family, and the storyline.
Essay Topic 2
What are the two main themes of this story? Give examples of each and explain their roles in the lives of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are the major problems between Mama and Papa? Why do these problems remain issues rather than being resolved? Are there resolutions?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)