|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
2. Where does Grandpa go after supper?
3. According to Mama, who picked the tablecloth used at the dinner after Hilly's funeral?
4. When does Mama go to play bridge?
5. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lark hear Mrs. Wheeler reveal to Mrs. Stillman?
2. What does Mama say about the war's effect on her business?
3. What does Lark think and do in the restroom of the train?
4. Whom does Lark tell about the plans to begin building on a house and what does she say about it?
5. Why does Lark refuse to go to Mass and what is Papa's reaction?
6. How does Christmas change for the family after the plans emerge to go to California?
7. What does Father Dalias say when Lark confesses that she's killed a baby?
8. What are some of the ideas Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark share about the new house while they're putting up the Christmas tree?
9. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
10. What does Mrs. Stillman say about Hilly's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story begins soon after the Great Depression and ends in the early years of World War II. Compare the two historical periods. What changes would Lark likely see in the year after the move to California?
Essay Topic 2
Lark's imagination is fueled by many things. List at least three situations that prompt Lark's imagination and describe both the situation and the result.
Essay Topic 3
Describe where Lark and her family live. How does that compare with where Kathleen lives? With where Beverly lives? With where Sally lives? With where her Aunt Betty lives prior to the birth of her baby?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)