|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Stillman's guest, who hurt Hilly?
2. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
3. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
4. What does Mama look for in her purse?
5. What kind of candy does Mama take from Lark?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of trains in Lark's life? How does that compare to the role of people? Why are trains so important to her?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Cape Ann house represent to both Mama and Lark? What does it represent to Papa? What does each come to realize about the Cape Ann? How does each come to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Lark's imagination is fueled by many things. List at least three situations that prompt Lark's imagination and describe both the situation and the result.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)