|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
2. According to Mrs. Stillman's guest, who hurt Hilly?
3. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
4. What does Mrs. Stillman invite Lark to do?
5. What color are the tickets eligible to win at the theater's drawing?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the Catholic Church in this story? What does Lark believe about the Catholic Church? How and why does this attitude change? Can you predict what role the Church will play in Lark's later life? Support your predictions.
Essay Topic 2
What are the two main themes of this story? Give examples of each and explain their roles in the lives of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
What is the "Sin Notebook" kept by Lark? Why is she so interested in keeping track and identifying sins? Why is she worried that gambling is a sin?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)