|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the tickets eligible to win at the theater's drawing?
2. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
3. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
4. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
5. Where does Lark hide when it's time to go to confession?
Essay Topic 1
What is the "Sin Notebook" kept by Lark? Why is she so interested in keeping track and identifying sins? Why is she worried that gambling is a sin?
Essay Topic 2
Grandma Browning refuses to show her face in town, fearing that she'll be laughed at. Why does she have this fear? Is it correct? Support your answer with examples from the story and from your own life experiences.
Essay Topic 3
What is the game, "Lady Caller?" When does Lark play this game? What is the role of Lark in this game? What is the role of her mother? How are each of these roles related to the real-life relationships and events for Lark and Mama?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)