Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
2. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
3. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
4. How much education has Mama had?
5. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of what Lark tells Mama while Lark is pretending to be Mrs. Brown?
2. Briefly describe the visit Lark makes to Hilly and his reaction to her gift.
3. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
4. What does Lark do when it's time for Communion and what does that prompt Papa to do?
5. What is the effect of Aunt Betty's affair on Grandma, and what does Mama say about Grandma's reaction?
6. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
7. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
8. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
9. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
10. What makes Stella Wheeler cry during the picnic?
Essay Topic 1
Lark's imagination is fueled by many things. List at least three situations that prompt Lark's imagination and describe both the situation and the result.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the pretty lady on the train who never introduces herself to Lark? What does Lark imagine about the lady? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Browning refuses to show her face in town, fearing that she'll be laughed at. Why does she have this fear? Is it correct? Support your answer with examples from the story and from your own life experiences.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)