Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
2. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
3. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
4. How much education has Mama had?
5. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of what Lark tells Mama while Lark is pretending to be Mrs. Brown?
2. Briefly describe the visit Lark makes to Hilly and his reaction to her gift.
3. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
4. What does Lark do when it's time for Communion and what does that prompt Papa to do?
5. What is the effect of Aunt Betty's affair on Grandma, and what does Mama say about Grandma's reaction?
6. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
7. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
8. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
9. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
10. What makes Stella Wheeler cry during the picnic?
Lark's imagination is fueled by many things. List at least three situations that prompt Lark's imagination and describe both the situation and the result.
Lark's three best friends can be identified as Sally, Beverly, and Hilly. Identify each and describe their relationships with Lark. How does each impact Lark?
What does the Cape Ann house represent to both Mama and Lark? What does it represent to Papa? What does each come to realize about the Cape Ann? How does each come to this conclusion?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)