|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say she wants to occur by next year?
2. What does Papa say he plans to do after dinner?
3. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
4. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
5. How much education has Mama had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what Lark observes and fells during the funeral.
2. Describe the Cape Ann.
3. Where does Mama tell Lark the baby has gone? Where does Lark believe it's gone? Why does Mama slap Lark?
4. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
5. What is Lark's reaction when Mama says she has to sell tickets to the picnic, and what is Mama's response?
6. What does Lark believe will happen to the baby? Why does she believe this? What does she believe will be her role in the delivery?
7. Why does Lark say she likes spending time in taverns?
8. What is the argument Mama and Papa have about their evening's activities and what does each want the other to do?
9. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
10. How does Lark get her name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare any two characters in the book. What are the similarities, differences, and roles of each in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe where Lark and her family live. How does that compare with where Kathleen lives? With where Beverly lives? With where Sally lives? With where her Aunt Betty lives prior to the birth of her baby?
Essay Topic 3
What are the two main themes of this story? Give examples of each and explain their roles in the lives of the characters.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)