|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
(a) To better times ahead.
(b) To a new house.
(c) To Christmas.
(d) To the three witches.
2. What is the rank of the mysterious man who attends Hilly's funeral?
3. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
(b) Helping her father take tickets in the afternoons.
(c) Typing .
(d) Performing whatever chores her mother outlines on a daily note.
4. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
(a) Roller skates.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) Nail polish.
5. What is Hilly wearing in Lark's dream?
(a) Torn blue jeans.
(b) His army uniform.
(c) His new robe.
(d) His swimming trunks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
2. What does Lark look for in her purse?
3. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
4. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
5. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa say that Lark has to fear God? What example does he give her in an attempt to prove it?
2. What are some of the ideas Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark share about the new house while they're putting up the Christmas tree?
3. How does Mama spend the money she wins at the theater?
4. Describe the situation that arises when the hobo stops at Lark's house.
5. What is the effect of Aunt Betty's affair on Grandma, and what does Mama say about Grandma's reaction?
6. Where does Lark think Mama and Aunt Betty are going, and what is later discovered about their real intentions?
7. Briefly describe the visit Lark makes to Hilly and his reaction to her gift.
8. Whom does Lark tell about the plans to begin building on a house and what does she say about it?
9. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
10. How have the relationships between Beverly, Sally and Lark changed over the summer break?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)