|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lark ask Mama to read the story of Peggy and the Pansies?
(a) It makes her think of the new house.
(b) She hasn't heard it in a long time.
(c) It reminds her of Hilly.
(d) She hasn't heard it before.
2. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
3. According to Mrs. Stillman's guest, who hurt Hilly?
(a) Axel Nelson.
(b) Mr. Wheeler.
(c) Willy Erhardt.
(d) Uncle Stan.
4. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
(a) Taxes and confession.
(b) Divorce and taxes.
(c) Death and divorce.
(d) Confession and death.
5. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(c) Blue Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say her marriage was like?
2. How does Mama get the Christmas tree home?
3. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
4. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
5. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lark hear Mrs. Wheeler reveal to Mrs. Stillman?
2. Describe the opening conversation between Lark and Mama when Lark reaches her seat.
3. What does Papa say to Lark when he comes into the bedroom to get a handkerchief and how does Lark respond?
4. How have the relationships between Beverly, Sally and Lark changed over the summer break?
5. What does Lark do when it's time for Communion and what does that prompt Papa to do?
6. What are some of the ideas Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark share about the new house while they're putting up the Christmas tree?
7. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
8. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
9. Describe the letter Hilly writes to Lark in which he talks about the book HEIDI.
10. What is Lark's reaction after her confession and what does she wonder about the adults who have gone through this?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)