|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
(a) She can't stay at all.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) As long as she wants.
2. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
(a) Above the cafe.
(b) Near the hobo jungle.
(c) At the depot.
(d) In a tarpaper shack .
3. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A scrapbook.
4. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
(b) The five hundred dollars to pay off his gambling debts.
(c) Her car.
(d) An apology.
5. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
(a) A book.
(b) A hatpin.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
2. Which kind of jelly bean does Lark eat first?
3. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
4. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
5. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the visit Lark makes to Hilly and his reaction to her gift.
2. Whom does Lark tell about the plans to begin building on a house and what does she say about it?
3. What does Mrs. Stillman say about Hilly's death?
4. What does Lark think and do in the restroom of the train?
5. How have the relationships between Beverly, Sally and Lark changed over the summer break?
6. What are some of the ideas Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark share about the new house while they're putting up the Christmas tree?
7. What does Father Dalias say when Lark confesses that she's killed a baby?
8. Why does Papa say that Lark has to fear God? What example does he give her in an attempt to prove it?
9. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
10. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)