|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rank of the mysterious man who attends Hilly's funeral?
2. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
(a) A book.
(b) Jell-o salad.
(c) A drawing.
(d) Pumpkin pie.
3. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
(b) She kisses the back of his hand.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She curtsies.
4. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
5. Where is Sally when Lark comes out of the confessional after her practice?
(a) She's gone.
(b) She's entering the confessional.
(c) She's in the front pew.
(d) She's at the altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Stillman's guest, who hurt Hilly?
2. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
3. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
4. What does Beverly reveal about Santa Claus?
5. What kind of coat is Papa wearing when he goes outside the morning after Mama comes to look for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Lark tell about the plans to begin building on a house and what does she say about it?
2. What does Aunt Betty say about suicide and how does that compare to what Papa says?
3. Why does Lark refuse to go to Mass and what is Papa's reaction?
4. Describe the letter Hilly writes to Lark in which he talks about the book HEIDI.
5. Why do Mama and Aunt Betty leave the depot in the middle of the night? What is Lark instructed to do?
6. How does Mama spend the money she wins at the theater?
7. How does Christmas change for the family after the plans emerge to go to California?
8. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
9. Where does Lark think Mama and Aunt Betty are going, and what is later discovered about their real intentions?
10. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)