|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
(a) To a new house.
(b) To better times ahead.
(c) To Christmas.
(d) To the three witches.
2. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
(a) Prepare for confession.
(b) Wash her hair.
(d) Study her catechism.
3. According to Mrs. Stillman, who came to visit while Lark napped?
(a) Beverly's mother.
(b) Lark's Mama.
(d) Aunt Betty.
4. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
(a) Papa will have to go to war.
(b) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(c) The Germans are bound to attack.
(d) Hilly is dead.
5. What color is the dress Mrs. Stillman is wearing when Lark arrives at her house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
2. What is Hilly wearing in Lark's dream?
3. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
4. What does Mrs. Stillman invite Lark to do?
5. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama say about the war's effect on her business?
2. How does Mama spend the money she wins at the theater?
3. What does Aunt Betty say about suicide and how does that compare to what Papa says?
4. What does Father Dalias say when Lark confesses that she's killed a baby?
5. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
6. What does Mrs. Stillman say about Hilly's death?
7. What does Lark think and do in the restroom of the train?
8. Why do Mama and Aunt Betty leave the depot in the middle of the night? What is Lark instructed to do?
9. What does Lark do when it's time for Communion and what does that prompt Papa to do?
10. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)