|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
(a) Apple crumb cake.
(c) A bologna sandwich.
(d) Blueberry pie and ice cream.
2. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She kisses the back of his hand.
(b) She kisses his cheek.
(c) She curtsies.
(d) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
3. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) Next to Papa.
(b) Near Mrs. Stillman.
(c) As far from Papa as possible.
(d) She doesn't go.
4. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Make Papa more tolerant.
(b) Keep her safe.
(c) Help them get the new house.
(d) Let Hilly visit her.
5. What does Mama look for in her purse?
(a) A comb.
(c) A hanky.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
2. What is Aunt Betty's answer when Lark asks if she believes Hilly went to hell?
3. When does Mama go to play bridge?
4. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
5. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama say about the war's effect on her business?
2. What is Papa's last-ditch effort to try to get Mama to remain? What are the reactions of Mama and Lark?
3. What does Mrs. Stillman say about Hilly's death?
4. Describe the situation that arises when the hobo stops at Lark's house.
5. Why does Lark refuse to go to Mass and what is Papa's reaction?
6. Why do Mama and Aunt Betty leave the depot in the middle of the night? What is Lark instructed to do?
7. What does Aunt Betty say about suicide and how does that compare to what Papa says?
8. How have the relationships between Beverly, Sally and Lark changed over the summer break?
9. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
10. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)