|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons is Lark taking?
(b) Tap dance.
2. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
(a) As long as she wants.
(b) She can't stay at all.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
3. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A deck of cards to play with on the train.
(c) A letter.
4. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
(a) Read the catechism lessons.
(b) Make pies.
(c) Look at the book of house plans.
5. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) As far from Papa as possible.
(b) She doesn't go.
(c) Next to Papa.
(d) Near Mrs. Stillman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the top of Lark's Christmas list?
2. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
3. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
4. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
5. What does Aunt Betty ask for as soon as she wakes from her fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Dalias say when Lark confesses that she's killed a baby?
2. What does Papa say to Lark when he comes into the bedroom to get a handkerchief and how does Lark respond?
3. What does Lark think and do in the restroom of the train?
4. Where does Lark think Mama and Aunt Betty are going, and what is later discovered about their real intentions?
5. What are some of the ideas Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark share about the new house while they're putting up the Christmas tree?
6. Describe the situation that arises when the hobo stops at Lark's house.
7. Why do Mama and Aunt Betty leave the depot in the middle of the night? What is Lark instructed to do?
8. How have the relationships between Beverly, Sally and Lark changed over the summer break?
9. Why does Papa say that Lark has to fear God? What example does he give her in an attempt to prove it?
10. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)