|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama say she plans to go?
(a) Back to her mother's.
(d) Blue Lake.
2. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
(a) She sends it with her mother.
(b) She mails it.
(c) She drops it off herself.
(d) She leaves it on the doorstep.
3. What had Lark imagined living behind the jars in Grandma's cupboard?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A rat.
4. What does Mama say might happen to ruin her business?
(a) The government will limit how many cars a family can own.
(b) The government will require that women work in factories.
(c) The government will limit the amount of gas people can buy.
(d) The government will require more taxes.
5. What color is the dress Mrs. Stillman is wearing when Lark arrives at her house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sally when Lark comes out of the confessional after her practice?
2. What does Lark look for in her purse?
3. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
4. What two gifts are given to Lark on her last day at school?
5. What is at the top of Lark's Christmas list?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa say to Lark when he comes into the bedroom to get a handkerchief and how does Lark respond?
2. What does Lark think and do in the restroom of the train?
3. What does Mrs. Stillman say about Hilly's death?
4. What does Aunt Betty say about suicide and how does that compare to what Papa says?
5. What are some of the ideas Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark share about the new house while they're putting up the Christmas tree?
6. What is the argument Mama and Papa have over whether to buy a car or a house? What are the arguments of each?
7. What does Lark hear Mrs. Wheeler reveal to Mrs. Stillman?
8. Whom does Lark tell about the plans to begin building on a house and what does she say about it?
9. What does Mama say about the war's effect on her business?
10. Describe the opening conversation between Lark and Mama when Lark reaches her seat.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)