|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
(a) Go for a rid in the country.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Take naps.
(d) Go fishing.
2. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of rustling dresses.
(b) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(c) The sound of silence.
(d) The sound of church bells.
3. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
(a) Look at the book of house plans.
(b) Read the catechism lessons.
(d) Make pies.
4. Why does Lark ask Mama to read the story of Peggy and the Pansies?
(a) It reminds her of Hilly.
(b) She hasn't heard it in a long time.
(c) It makes her think of the new house.
(d) She hasn't heard it before.
5. How much is Lark's allowance?
(a) A quarter a week.
(b) A dollar a week.
(c) Fifteen cents a week.
(d) A nickle a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
2. How does Lark say she knows that the young prince went to Heaven after committing suicide?
3. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
4. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
5. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papa's last-ditch effort to try to get Mama to remain? What are the reactions of Mama and Lark?
2. What does Aunt Betty say about suicide and how does that compare to what Papa says?
3. Describe the opening conversation between Lark and Mama when Lark reaches her seat.
4. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
5. What does Father Dalias say when Lark confesses that she's killed a baby?
6. Why does Lark refuse to go to Mass and what is Papa's reaction?
7. Why does Papa say that Lark has to fear God? What example does he give her in an attempt to prove it?
8. Describe the letter Hilly writes to Lark in which he talks about the book HEIDI.
9. What is the effect of Aunt Betty's affair on Grandma, and what does Mama say about Grandma's reaction?
10. How does Mama spend the money she wins at the theater?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)