|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama have in her hand when she and Papa get into an argument?
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of ketchup.
(d) A skillet.
2. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
(b) Apple crumb cake.
(c) A bologna sandwich.
(d) Blueberry pie and ice cream.
3. What color are the tickets eligible to win at the theater's drawing?
4. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) Near Mrs. Stillman.
(b) She doesn't go.
(c) As far from Papa as possible.
(d) Next to Papa.
5. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
(a) Her car.
(b) The five hundred dollars to pay off his gambling debts.
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
2. How much is Lark's allowance?
3. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
4. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
5. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lark's reaction after her confession and what does she wonder about the adults who have gone through this?
2. Describe the situation that arises when the hobo stops at Lark's house.
3. Where does Lark think Mama and Aunt Betty are going, and what is later discovered about their real intentions?
4. Why does Papa say that Lark has to fear God? What example does he give her in an attempt to prove it?
5. Why do Mama and Aunt Betty leave the depot in the middle of the night? What is Lark instructed to do?
6. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
7. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
8. What is the argument Mama and Papa have over whether to buy a car or a house? What are the arguments of each?
9. What does Mama say about the war's effect on her business?
10. How have the relationships between Beverly, Sally and Lark changed over the summer break?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)