|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Grubb's dog?
2. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
(a) The veterans.
(b) The majorettes.
(c) The boys on bicycles.
(d) The cars with sirens.
3. What is Grandma ironing while Mama reads a Life magazine at the kitchen table?
(a) Grandpa's undershirts.
(b) Aunt Betty's new dress.
(c) Grandpa's best shirt.
(d) Lark's red dress.
4. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
5. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) In the front yard.
(b) On the couch.
(c) At her mother's.
(d) In bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What night do Grandma and Grandpa Browning arrive at Aunt Betty's?
2. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
3. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
4. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
5. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument Mama and Papa have about their evening's activities and what does each want the other to do?
2. Briefly describe what Lark observes and fells during the funeral.
3. What decision does Lark face when she realizes she can't possibly reach the raft?
4. Why does a committee want Mrs. Stillman dismissed from her teaching job?
5. What does Lark believe will happen to the baby? Why does she believe this? What does she believe will be her role in the delivery?
6. How does Lark get her name?
7. When Grandpa Browning asks Mama if she's crying over the money Papa lost, she lies. What does she say and how is this the same as what Aunt Betty had done to protect Uncle Stan?
8. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
9. Describe the Cape Ann.
10. How does Mama manage the practical aspects of life in the depot, such as heating their rooms and washing dishes?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)