|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stanly say after Lark kisses him on the cheek?
(a) He hopes she can be a good girl.
(b) He won't wash his cheek until they meet again.
(c) He'll keep her picture close until they meet again.
(d) He forgives her for her role in Marjorie's death.
2. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
(d) Rocky Road.
3. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) When the Saint Go Marching In.
(c) The Old Gray Mare.
4. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Whenever Papa says.
5. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
(a) Her sin notebook.
(b) A clean sweater.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) A hank .
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama say Uncle Stan is going when he leaves the house?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Grubb's dog?
3. What skill does Mama say she's going to learn in order to find a job?
4. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
5. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lark believe will happen to the baby? Why does she believe this? What does she believe will be her role in the delivery?
2. What is the response of the nun when Lark asks if playing poker is a sin, and why does she respond in that manner?
3. How do Lark and Uncle Stan greet each other? What does Lark think about Uncle Stan?
4. Where does Mama tell Lark the baby has gone? Where does Lark believe it's gone? Why does Mama slap Lark?
5. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
6. Describe the condition of Aunt Betty's house when Lark and Mama arrive.
7. How does Lark's family come to be living in the depot?
8. Why does a committee want Mrs. Stillman dismissed from her teaching job?
9. What are some of Papa's duties with the railroad?
10. Why does Lark say she likes spending time in taverns?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)