|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) Whenever Papa says.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
2. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
(a) She feels well enough to sit up and read.
(b) She begins vomiting blood.
(c) She gets much better and gets out of bed.
(d) She grows feverish.
3. What is Lark's middle name?
4. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A fishing pole.
(d) Hoboes on the train.
5. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) Eighty dollars.
(c) Forty dollars.
(d) She doesn't pay rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
2. Where is it decided that Stan will go to look for work?
3. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
4. Where does Hilly sit most days?
5. What color is Lark's new bathing suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of what Lark tells Mama while Lark is pretending to be Mrs. Brown?
2. How does Lark's family come to be living in the depot?
3. How does Mama manage the practical aspects of life in the depot, such as heating their rooms and washing dishes?
4. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
5. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
6. How does Lark get her name?
7. What is Papa's first excuse for where he'd been all night? What does he eventually admit about it?
8. What touches are added to the depot room in an effort to make it more like home?
9. What is the reaction of the town when Hilly volunteers for the military? How does that change upon his return?
10. Describe the condition of Aunt Betty's house when Lark and Mama arrive.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)