|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(a) Mama's perfume.
(b) Pumpkin pie.
2. When does Maria say she'll come visit Aunt Betty?
(a) After breakfast.
(b) Around six that evening.
(c) After lunch.
3. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
4. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) Rotary chicken dinner.
(b) A church spaghetti supper.
(c) A church bingo party.
(d) Knights of Columbus picnic.
5. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(b) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(c) She says Papa will win it at poker.
(d) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
2. Where does Aunt Betty live?
3. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
4. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
5. How much education does Papa have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
2. How does Lark get her name?
3. What is Lark's reaction when Mama says she has to sell tickets to the picnic, and what is Mama's response?
4. Describe what happens when Lark tells Mr. McPhee that Marjorie is in limbo.
5. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
6. Why does a committee want Mrs. Stillman dismissed from her teaching job?
7. Where does Mama tell Lark the baby has gone? Where does Lark believe it's gone? Why does Mama slap Lark?
8. What is Papa's first excuse for where he'd been all night? What does he eventually admit about it?
9. What is Lark's attitude about becoming an adult and why?
10. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)