|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) Whenever Papa says.
2. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To play bridge.
(c) To visit Hilly.
(d) To the hairdresser's.
3. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A chocolate ice cream.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) A soda.
4. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated high school.
(b) She graduated college.
(c) She never attended school.
(d) She finished tenth grade.
5. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) Hoboes on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama say Uncle Stan is going when he leaves the house?
2. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
3. What list is Lark called on to recite to the nuns during class?
4. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
5. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of what Lark tells Mama while Lark is pretending to be Mrs. Brown?
2. Briefly describe the visit Lark makes to Hilly and his reaction to her gift.
3. What is Beverly's relationship with Mama? Give an example of this relationship.
4. What does Lark do when it's time for Communion and what does that prompt Papa to do?
5. What is the effect of Aunt Betty's affair on Grandma, and what does Mama say about Grandma's reaction?
6. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
7. What is the significance of Lark's statements about Myrna Loy and Mr. Brown?
8. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
9. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
10. What makes Stella Wheeler cry during the picnic?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)