|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa say about the group of ladies Mama spends time with?
(a) He says they are all very pretty.
(b) He says they shouldn't get together.
(c) He calls them cackling hens.
(d) He calls them old geese.
2. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Singing to Aunt Betty.
(c) Scrubbing the floors.
(d) Washing clothes.
3. What color are the German neighbor woman's eyes?
(a) The story doesn't say.
4. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) In the depot office.
(c) In back of the depot.
(d) In the bedroom.
5. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
(a) A clean sweater.
(b) A hank .
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her sin notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lark sleep?
2. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
3. What is the man in the hobo jungle eating when Lark passes by?
4. What does Mama say she wants to occur by next year?
5. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
2. What are Lark's thoughts about the financial situation for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does Uncle Stan's job contribute to that?
3. What is the basic information included in the letter Lark finds from Earl Samson to Bill?
4. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
5. Describe the condition of Aunt Betty's house when Lark and Mama arrive.
6. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
7. Why does Lark say she likes spending time in taverns?
8. What are some of Papa's duties with the railroad?
9. Briefly describe what Lark observes and fells during the funeral.
10. What is Lark's attitude about becoming an adult and why?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)