|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama say Uncle Stan is going when he leaves the house?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The train station.
(c) The church.
(d) The back yard.
2. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
(a) Red with white polka dots.
(b) Blue with red flowers.
(c) White with red stripes.
(d) Red with blue stripes.
3. What is Lark's middle name?
4. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A soda.
(c) A jawbreaker.
(d) A chocolate ice cream.
5. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) Faded blue jeans.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) Striped overalls.
(d) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
2. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
3. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
4. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
5. What kind of pie does Lark say she wants from the booth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
2. What is the basic information included in the letter Lark finds from Earl Samson to Bill?
3. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
4. What are Lark's thoughts about the financial situation for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does Uncle Stan's job contribute to that?
5. What is Papa's first excuse for where he'd been all night? What does he eventually admit about it?
6. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
7. What makes Stella Wheeler cry during the picnic?
8. What is the response of the nun when Lark asks if playing poker is a sin, and why does she respond in that manner?
9. What is the argument Mama and Papa have about their evening's activities and what does each want the other to do?
10. What is the significance of what Lark tells Mama while Lark is pretending to be Mrs. Brown?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)