|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night do Grandma and Grandpa Browning arrive at Aunt Betty's?
2. What had Mama thrown at Papa once when he called her a hated nickname?
(a) A plate.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A ketchup bottle.
(d) A mustard jar.
3. Where does Lark believe Marjorie Ann went after her death?
(d) To Jesus' side.
4. What is the baby's name?
(a) Majorie Lark.
(b) Martha Lark.
(c) Matilda Ann.
(d) Marjorie Ann.
5. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A chocolate ice cream.
(c) A soda.
(d) A jawbreaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the hobo jungle eating when Lark passes by?
2. How much money does Papa say he lost?
3. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
4. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
5. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the laundry done while Mama and Lark are visiting Aunt Betty?
2. What is Lark's attitude about becoming an adult and why?
3. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
4. What is the argument Mama and Papa have about their evening's activities and what does each want the other to do?
5. How do Lark and Uncle Stan greet each other? What does Lark think about Uncle Stan?
6. Why does Lark say she likes spending time in taverns?
7. What does Lark think of Beverly prior to the picnic and why does her attitude change during the event?
8. Briefly describe what Lark observes and fells during the funeral.
9. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
10. How does Mama manage the practical aspects of life in the depot, such as heating their rooms and washing dishes?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)