|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lark believe Marjorie Ann went after her death?
(b) To Jesus' side.
2. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All night.
(c) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. How much money does Papa say he lost?
(a) Twenty-five dollars he borrowed from Stan.
(b) Eight dollars he'd found in Mama's purse.
(c) Nothing becuase he didn't have any money.
(d) Four hundred fifty dollars.
4. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) Shorts and a torn t-shirt.
(c) Overalls and a torn t-shirt.
(d) Only overalls.
5. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
(a) A soda.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A Hershey bar.
(d) A slice of pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
2. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
3. How much does Lark discover her father lost at the poker game?
4. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
5. Where does Aunt Betty live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Lark tells Mr. McPhee that Marjorie is in limbo.
2. What does Lark believe will happen to the baby? Why does she believe this? What does she believe will be her role in the delivery?
3. Why does a committee want Mrs. Stillman dismissed from her teaching job?
4. What are some of the job opportunities Mama sees but dismisses?
5. What touches are added to the depot room in an effort to make it more like home?
6. What is the argument Mama and Papa have about their evening's activities and what does each want the other to do?
7. When Grandpa Browning asks Mama if she's crying over the money Papa lost, she lies. What does she say and how is this the same as what Aunt Betty had done to protect Uncle Stan?
8. How does Lark's family come to be living in the depot?
9. What is Lark's reaction when Mama says she has to sell tickets to the picnic, and what is Mama's response?
10. Why does Lark say she likes spending time in taverns?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)