|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
(a) The den.
(b) The enclosed garage.
(c) The extra bedroom.
(d) The breakfast nook.
2. What is the baby's name?
(a) Majorie Lark.
(b) Matilda Ann.
(c) Martha Lark.
(d) Marjorie Ann.
3. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
(a) Not everything Lark has learned in church is true.
(b) She baptized the baby.
(c) Lark is correct.
(d) Lark shouldn't think about it.
4. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
(b) Sand from the lakeside.
(c) A large slice of pie.
(d) Pretty stones.
5. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) They are folded wrong.
(b) Thank you.
(c) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
(d) They aren't her sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
2. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
3. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
4. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
5. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
2. Describe the Cape Ann.
3. What does Lark believe will happen to the baby? Why does she believe this? What does she believe will be her role in the delivery?
4. Where does Mama tell Lark the baby has gone? Where does Lark believe it's gone? Why does Mama slap Lark?
5. What is the reaction of the town when Hilly volunteers for the military? How does that change upon his return?
6. What does Lark think of Beverly prior to the picnic and why does her attitude change during the event?
7. What makes Stella Wheeler cry during the picnic?
8. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
9. Describe the condition of Aunt Betty's house when Lark and Mama arrive.
10. When Grandpa Browning asks Mama if she's crying over the money Papa lost, she lies. What does she say and how is this the same as what Aunt Betty had done to protect Uncle Stan?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)