|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
2. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) Whenever Papa says.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
3. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) Thank you.
(b) They aren't her sheets.
(c) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
(d) They are folded wrong.
4. What is the man in the hobo jungle eating when Lark passes by?
(a) Pork and beans.
(b) A Hershey bar.
5. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
(a) So her high heels won't disturb Aunt Betty.
(b) She wants to be comfortable.
(c) Because her feet are cold.
(d) She thinks they look pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
2. How much education has Mama had?
3. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
4. How does Lark get to the depot as she's headed for her grandparents' home?
5. What kind of soup does Mr. Wendell give Lark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa think about the possibility of Mama going to work, and why?
2. What is Mama's plan for Aunt Betty and Uncle Stan and how does she start that plan rolling?
3. What is the basic information included in the letter Lark finds from Earl Samson to Bill?
4. Describe the condition of Aunt Betty's house when Lark and Mama arrive.
5. What is the problem with Lark's hair on the day after the poker game? What does she fear will be the outcome of that problem?
6. What touches are added to the depot room in an effort to make it more like home?
7. When Grandpa Browning asks Mama if she's crying over the money Papa lost, she lies. What does she say and how is this the same as what Aunt Betty had done to protect Uncle Stan?
8. What are some of Papa's duties with the railroad?
9. What is the argument Mama and Papa have about their evening's activities and what does each want the other to do?
10. What is Lark's reaction when Mama says she has to sell tickets to the picnic, and what is Mama's response?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)