|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lark call the German woman who lives next door to Aunt Betty?
(a) Wanda Kraus.
(b) Witch Kraus.
(c) Wanda McClure.
(d) Witch Hazel.
2. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
(a) The home section.
(b) The sports section.
(c) The funny papers.
(d) The classifieds.
3. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) They aren't her sheets.
(b) They are folded wrong.
(c) Thank you.
(d) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
4. What has Mama done with her hair in preparation for her evening away from home?
(a) Put on a hat.
(c) Straightened it.
(d) Put pin curls in it.
5. Where does Lark sleep?
(a) A crib.
(b) A pallet on the floor.
(c) On a bench.
(d) A day bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
2. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
3. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
4. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
5. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of Aunt Betty's house when Lark and Mama arrive.
2. What is the argument Mama and Papa have over whether to buy a car or a house? What are the arguments of each?
3. Briefly describe the visit Lark makes to Hilly and his reaction to her gift.
4. What makes Stella Wheeler cry during the picnic?
5. What does Lark say about Hilly's fate after his death and how does she say she knows this?
6. Briefly describe what Lark observes and fells during the funeral.
7. What is the basic information included in the letter Lark finds from Earl Samson to Bill?
8. Why does Lark say she likes spending time in taverns?
9. Describe what happens when Lark tells Mr. McPhee that Marjorie is in limbo.
10. Where does Lark think Mama and Aunt Betty are going, and what is later discovered about their real intentions?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)