|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Let Hilly visit her.
(b) Make Papa more tolerant.
(c) Help them get the new house.
(d) Keep her safe.
2. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
(a) Apple crumb cake.
(c) A bologna sandwich.
(d) Blueberry pie and ice cream.
3. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
(b) Typing .
(c) Helping her father take tickets in the afternoons.
(d) Performing whatever chores her mother outlines on a daily note.
4. What does Aunt Betty give the hobo in addition to the food and milk?
(a) A pair of socks.
(b) A wool hat.
(c) A warmer coat.
(d) A quarter.
5. What does Aunt Betty say she'd been doing during the day while Lark was at school?
(a) Making flower arrangements for the funeral.
(b) Planning their new house.
(c) Sewing curtains.
(d) Baking for the funeral.
6. What is on top of Hilly's casket?
(a) A photo of a flag.
(b) A large spray of flowers with three flags in it.
(c) A flag and photo of Hilly in his uniform.
(d) A red, white and blue blanket that had been Hilly's favorite.
7. Which kind of jelly bean does Lark eat first?
(a) The green.
(b) The black.
(c) The yellow.
(d) The red.
8. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
(b) Study her catechism.
(c) Wash her hair.
(d) Prepare for confession.
9. According to Mrs. Stillman, who came to visit while Lark napped?
(a) Lark's Mama.
(c) Aunt Betty.
(d) Beverly's mother.
10. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(c) Blue Lake.
11. How much is Lark's allowance?
(a) A dollar a week.
(b) A quarter a week.
(c) A nickle a week.
(d) Fifteen cents a week.
12. What does Lark look for in her purse?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A barrette.
(d) A comb.
13. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
(a) Hot milk and chocolate pie.
(b) Cocoa and cinnamon toast.
(c) Coffee with milk and chocolate cookies.
(d) Tea and ginger snaps.
14. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
(a) To look for Uncle Stan.
(c) The ocean.
(d) To Lark's grandparents' house.
15. What does Mama have in her hand when she and Papa get into an argument?
(b) A bottle of ketchup.
(c) A skillet.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the coat Mama wears as she heads out to play bridge?
2. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
3. What color is the dress Mrs. Stillman is wearing when Lark arrives at her house?
4. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
5. How does Lark say she knows that the young prince went to Heaven after committing suicide?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)