|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons is Lark taking?
(a) Tap dance.
2. What had Lark imagined living behind the jars in Grandma's cupboard?
(a) A rat.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A gnome.
3. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
(a) Divorce and taxes.
(b) Confession and death.
(c) Death and divorce.
(d) Taxes and confession.
4. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A scrapbook.
5. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
(a) A deck of cards to play with on the train.
(b) Ice cream.
(d) A letter.
6. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
7. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
(a) Hilly is dead.
(b) Papa will have to go to war.
(c) The Germans are bound to attack.
(d) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
8. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
(a) A book.
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(c) Jell-o salad.
(d) A drawing.
9. Why does Mama say she and Aunt Betty are going to Minneapolis?
(a) To attend church.
(b) To see a lawyer.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To go dancing.
10. Where does Grandpa go after supper?
(a) To bed
(b) To the theater
(c) To the diner
(d) To the pool hall
11. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Help them get the new house.
(b) Let Hilly visit her.
(c) Keep her safe.
(d) Make Papa more tolerant.
12. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
(a) Her car.
(b) The five hundred dollars to pay off his gambling debts.
(d) An apology.
13. What does Papa have in his hand when he rushes at Mama?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A skillet.
14. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(b) The sound of silence.
(c) The sound of rustling dresses.
(d) The sound of church bells.
15. What is the prize Mama wins during the drawing at the theater?
(a) A complete outfit from a department store.
(b) A set of China.
(c) Two hundred, fifty dollars.
(d) Free movie passes for a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stillman invite Lark to do?
2. What does Lark look for in her purse?
3. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
4. How much is Lark's allowance?
5. What does Lark say happened to her little girl's best friend?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)