|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
2. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
(b) The ocean.
(c) To Lark's grandparents' house.
(d) To look for Uncle Stan.
3. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
(a) As long as she wants.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) She can't stay at all.
4. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(d) Blue Lake.
5. What is the prize Mama wins during the drawing at the theater?
(a) A complete outfit from a department store.
(b) Two hundred, fifty dollars.
(c) A set of China.
(d) Free movie passes for a year.
6. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
(a) She bites him.
(b) She gets ready to go.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She slaps him back.
7. What does Mama say her marriage was like?
(a) Like having a elephant sitting on her chest.
(b) Like having a hippopotamus sitting on her face.
(c) Like having a giraffe in her car.
(d) Like having a wild cat in her pocket.
8. What had Lark imagined living behind the jars in Grandma's cupboard?
(a) A fairy.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A gnome.
(d) A rat.
9. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
(a) A friend in Colorado.
(b) A friend of Hilly's in Blue Lake.
(c) A cousin in California.
(d) Hilly at the cemetery.
10. How much does Papa need to pay off his gambling debts?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Two hundred, fifty dollars.
11. What dessert does Papa insist he wants for supper on the evening after Hilly's funeral?
(a) Raisin pie.
(b) Nut bread.
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Chocolate ice cream.
12. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
(a) At the depot.
(b) Above the cafe.
(c) In a tarpaper shack .
(d) Near the hobo jungle.
13. What is at the top of Lark's Christmas list?
(a) A new robe.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A pony.
(d) A bicycle.
14. What does Mama look for in her purse?
(b) A comb.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A hanky.
15. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
(a) Performing whatever chores her mother outlines on a daily note.
(b) Helping her father take tickets in the afternoons.
(d) Typing .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark look for in her purse?
2. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
3. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
4. What does Aunt Betty give the hobo in addition to the food and milk?
5. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)