|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of church bells.
(b) The sound of silence.
(c) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(d) The sound of rustling dresses.
2. What does Lark say her little girl likes to read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Nancy Drew.
(c) Comic books.
(d) Teen magazines.
3. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) As far from Papa as possible.
(b) Next to Papa.
(c) Near Mrs. Stillman.
(d) She doesn't go.
4. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
(a) Near the hobo jungle.
(b) In a tarpaper shack .
(c) Above the cafe.
(d) At the depot.
5. What job does Aunt Betty get?
(a) Checking out groceries at a Piggly Wiggly.
(b) Clerking at a Ben Franklin Five and Dime.
(c) Putting airplane parts together at a factory.
(d) Working as a secretary at a Skully's.
6. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
(a) Myrna Loy.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Lark Ann Browning Erhardt.
(d) Sally Ann.
7. What does Lark watch while Mrs. Stillman is talking to her guest?
(b) A neighbor shoveling snow.
(c) Snow falling.
8. What does Mama look for in her purse?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A comb.
(c) A hanky.
9. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
(a) A deck of cards to play with on the train.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) A letter.
10. What does Lark look for in her purse?
(a) A barrette.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A comb.
(d) A handkerchief.
11. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go for a rid in the country.
(d) Take naps.
12. What color are the tickets eligible to win at the theater's drawing?
13. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(a) Blue Lake.
14. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
(a) A bologna sandwich.
(b) Blueberry pie and ice cream.
(c) Apple crumb cake.
15. What is Hilly wearing in Lark's dream?
(a) His swimming trunks.
(b) His new robe.
(c) His army uniform.
(d) Torn blue jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
2. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
3. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
4. What color is the dress Mrs. Stillman is wearing when Lark arrives at her house?
5. What does Lark say happened to her little girl's best friend?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)