|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of coat is Papa wearing when he goes outside the morning after Mama comes to look for him?
(a) A green one with a brown collar.
(b) A brown one with a hood.
(c) He's not wearing one.
(d) A blue one that's too light for the cold weather.
2. What is Hilly wearing in Lark's dream?
(a) Torn blue jeans.
(b) His army uniform.
(c) His new robe.
(d) His swimming trunks.
3. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
(a) Aunt Betty.
(d) No one..
4. How does Lark say she knows that the young prince went to Heaven after committing suicide?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) She saw the young prince in a dream.
(c) She heard Jesus and God arguing, and Jesus won.
(d) She read it in the Bible.
5. What does Mama say might happen to ruin her business?
(a) The government will limit how many cars a family can own.
(b) The government will require more taxes.
(c) The government will require that women work in factories.
(d) The government will limit the amount of gas people can buy.
6. What color is the dress Mrs. Stillman is wearing when Lark arrives at her house?
7. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She kisses the back of his hand.
(b) She kisses his cheek.
(c) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
(d) She curtsies.
8. What does Aunt Betty ask for as soon as she wakes from her fever?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Chicken soup.
9. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
10. Where does Mama say she plans to go?
(a) Back to her mother's.
(d) Blue Lake.
11. Where is Sally when Lark comes out of the confessional after her practice?
(a) She's in the front pew.
(b) She's gone.
(c) She's entering the confessional.
(d) She's at the altar.
12. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
(a) Lark won't be happy there.
(b) Lark shoudl refuse to go.
(c) She feels sorry for Lark.
(d) She'd be happy to go in Lark's place.
13. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
14. What does Mrs. Stillman invite Lark to do?
(a) Have a long, hot bath.
(b) Visit as often as she likes.
(c) Spend the night.
(d) Go to the movies.
15. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
(a) Hilly at the cemetery.
(b) A friend of Hilly's in Blue Lake.
(c) A cousin in California.
(d) A friend in Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
2. What kind of lessons is Lark taking?
3. What does Lark look for in her purse?
4. According to Mrs. Stillman's guest, who hurt Hilly?
5. What does Mama look for in her purse?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)