|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
(a) The Germans are bound to attack.
(b) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(c) Hilly is dead.
(d) Papa will have to go to war.
2. What does Mama have in her hand when she and Papa get into an argument?
(b) A skillet.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bottle of ketchup.
3. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
(a) Typing .
(c) Helping her father take tickets in the afternoons.
(d) Performing whatever chores her mother outlines on a daily note.
4. Which kind of jelly bean does Lark eat first?
(a) The black.
(b) The yellow.
(c) The red.
(d) The green.
5. What does Aunt Betty ask for as soon as she wakes from her fever?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Chicken soup.
6. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
(a) Many families will be without their fathers.
(b) The Germans will be attacked too.
(c) The Japanese probably lost many men.
(d) The country will go to war.
7. How much is Lark's allowance?
(a) A dollar a week.
(b) A quarter a week.
(c) Fifteen cents a week.
(d) A nickle a week.
8. What does she say about that kind of jelly bean?
(a) It's her father's favorite.
(b) Neither of her parents like them.
(c) It's her mother's favorite.
(d) Someone told her they are the most sophisticated flavor.
9. What color are the tickets eligible to win at the theater's drawing?
10. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Let Hilly visit her.
(b) Keep her safe.
(c) Make Papa more tolerant.
(d) Help them get the new house.
11. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
(a) As long as she wants.
(b) She can't stay at all.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
12. Where does Lark hide when it's time to go to confession?
(a) In Papa's truck.
(b) At home under her crib.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In Mama's car.
13. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
(a) A book.
(b) A hatpin.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A robe.
14. What does Lark sometimes do while her mother is making business calls in St. Bridget?
(a) Watches movies.
(b) Reads in the car.
(c) Swims at the pool.
(d) Visits her grandparents.
15. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
(b) She curtsies.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She kisses the back of his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
2. How did Hilly die?
3. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
4. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
5. When does Mama go to play bridge?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)