|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A bicycle.
2. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(b) The sound of rustling dresses.
(c) The sound of silence.
(d) The sound of church bells.
3. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Keep her safe.
(b) Make Papa more tolerant.
(c) Help them get the new house.
(d) Let Hilly visit her.
4. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
(a) Jell-o salad.
(b) A drawing.
(c) Pumpkin pie.
(d) A book.
5. What does Papa have in his hand when he rushes at Mama?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A skillet.
(d) A gun.
6. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(a) Blue Lake.
7. What dessert does Papa insist he wants for supper on the evening after Hilly's funeral?
(a) Raisin pie.
(b) Nut bread.
(c) Chocolate ice cream.
(d) Chocolate cake.
8. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
(a) Prepare for confession.
(c) Study her catechism.
(d) Wash her hair.
9. What is the rank of the mysterious man who attends Hilly's funeral?
10. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(a) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
(c) While Mama is playing bridge.
(d) On Saturday mornings.
11. How much does Papa need to pay off his gambling debts?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Two hundred, fifty dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
12. How does Mama get the Christmas tree home?
(a) She has it delivered.
(b) On top of the car.
(c) She drags it.
(d) Papa goes to pick it up in the truck.
13. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
(a) Hershey bars.
(b) Fried chicken.
(d) Cake or pie.
14. Why does Lark ask Mama to read the story of Peggy and the Pansies?
(a) She hasn't heard it before.
(b) She hasn't heard it in a long time.
(c) It reminds her of Hilly.
(d) It makes her think of the new house.
15. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
(a) Myrna Loy.
(b) Sally Ann.
(c) Lark Ann Browning Erhardt.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
2. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
3. What had Lark imagined living behind the jars in Grandma's cupboard?
4. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
5. Where does Mama say she plans to go?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)