|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
(a) An apology.
(c) The five hundred dollars to pay off his gambling debts.
(d) Her car.
2. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A scrapbook.
3. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) She doesn't go.
(b) Near Mrs. Stillman.
(c) Next to Papa.
(d) As far from Papa as possible.
4. What does Lark look for in her purse?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A comb.
(d) A barrette.
5. What does Lark sometimes do while her mother is making business calls in St. Bridget?
(a) Swims at the pool.
(b) Watches movies.
(c) Visits her grandparents.
(d) Reads in the car.
6. What is Hilly wearing in Lark's dream?
(a) His new robe.
(b) Torn blue jeans.
(c) His army uniform.
(d) His swimming trunks.
7. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
(a) A week.
(b) She can't stay at all.
(c) As long as she wants.
(d) A year.
8. Where is Sally when Lark comes out of the confessional after her practice?
(a) She's at the altar.
(b) She's entering the confessional.
(c) She's in the front pew.
(d) She's gone.
9. How much does Papa need to pay off his gambling debts?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred, fifty dollars.
(d) Eighty dollars.
10. What had Lark imagined living behind the jars in Grandma's cupboard?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A rat.
(d) A fairy.
11. How did Hilly die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) A neighbor shot him.
(c) He fell from his balcony.
(d) He was accidentally hanged.
12. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
(a) The Japanese probably lost many men.
(b) The Germans will be attacked too.
(c) The country will go to war.
(d) Many families will be without their fathers.
13. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
(a) A deck of cards to play with on the train.
(b) A letter.
(d) Ice cream.
14. What is Aunt Betty's answer when Lark asks if she believes Hilly went to hell?
(a) He went into limbo.
(b) He did go to hell.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) He didn't go to hell.
15. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
(a) Roller skates.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) Nail polish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she say about that kind of jelly bean?
2. What does Beverly reveal about Santa Claus?
3. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
4. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
5. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)