|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She kisses the back of his hand.
(b) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She curtsies.
2. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
(a) At the depot.
(b) Above the cafe.
(c) Near the hobo jungle.
(d) In a tarpaper shack .
3. Which is Lark's favorite jelly bean?
4. What does Mama have in her hand when she and Papa get into an argument?
(b) A skillet.
(c) A bottle of ketchup.
(d) A knife.
5. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
(a) To a new house.
(b) To better times ahead.
(c) To Christmas.
(d) To the three witches.
6. What does Beverly reveal about Santa Claus?
(a) He isn't going to bring her any gifts.
(b) He's magic.
(c) He isn't real.
(d) He's really very skinny.
7. What does Mama say her marriage was like?
(a) Like having a elephant sitting on her chest.
(b) Like having a wild cat in her pocket.
(c) Like having a hippopotamus sitting on her face.
(d) Like having a giraffe in her car.
8. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go for a rid in the country.
(c) Take naps.
(d) Go swimming.
9. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
(a) Sally Ann.
(b) Myrna Loy.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Lark Ann Browning Erhardt.
10. When does Mama go to play bridge?
(a) Every second Friday.
(b) Every Friday.
(c) Whenever her friends call.
(d) The second Saturday of every month.
11. What does Aunt Betty give the hobo in addition to the food and milk?
(a) A warmer coat.
(b) A wool hat.
(c) A pair of socks.
(d) A quarter.
12. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
(b) A deck of cards to play with on the train.
(c) A letter.
(d) Ice cream.
13. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(a) On Saturday mornings.
(b) While Mama is playing bridge.
(d) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
14. What does Aunt Betty say she'd been doing during the day while Lark was at school?
(a) Sewing curtains.
(b) Planning their new house.
(c) Making flower arrangements for the funeral.
(d) Baking for the funeral.
15. Who is visiting Mrs. Stillman when Lark arrives?
(a) Beverly's mother.
(b) Mrs. Nelson.
(c) Mrs. Wheeler.
(d) Lark's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa have in his hand when he rushes at Mama?
2. What is Aunt Betty's answer when Lark asks if she believes Hilly went to hell?
3. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
5. How much does Papa need to pay off his gambling debts?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)