|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lark watch while Mrs. Stillman is talking to her guest?
(a) A neighbor shoveling snow.
(d) Snow falling.
2. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A bicycle.
3. What is at the top of Lark's Christmas list?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A new robe.
(c) A pony.
(d) A bicycle.
4. What does Lark say her little girl likes to read?
(a) Teen magazines.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Nancy Drew.
(d) Comic books.
5. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of rustling dresses.
(b) The sound of church bells.
(c) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(d) The sound of silence.
6. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
(a) A friend of Hilly's in Blue Lake.
(b) Hilly at the cemetery.
(c) A cousin in California.
(d) A friend in Colorado.
7. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
(a) Papa will have to go to war.
(b) The Germans are bound to attack.
(c) Hilly is dead.
(d) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
8. Which kind of jelly bean does Lark eat first?
(a) The yellow.
(b) The red.
(c) The green.
(d) The black.
9. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) Nail polish.
(d) Roller skates.
10. How does Lark say she knows that the young prince went to Heaven after committing suicide?
(a) She saw the young prince in a dream.
(b) She heard Jesus and God arguing, and Jesus won.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) She read it in the Bible.
11. What does Grandpa give Lark as she is about to board the train?
(a) A deck of cards to play with on the train.
(c) A letter.
(d) Ice cream.
12. What does Beverly reveal about Santa Claus?
(a) He's magic.
(b) He isn't going to bring her any gifts.
(c) He's really very skinny.
(d) He isn't real.
13. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(d) Blue Lake.
14. How does Mama get the Christmas tree home?
(a) She has it delivered.
(b) Papa goes to pick it up in the truck.
(c) She drags it.
(d) On top of the car.
15. When does Mama go to play bridge?
(a) The second Saturday of every month.
(b) Every Friday.
(c) Whenever her friends call.
(d) Every second Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Stillman, who came to visit while Lark napped?
2. What does Mrs. Stillman invite Lark to do?
3. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
4. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
5. What job does Aunt Betty get?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)