|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of coat is Papa wearing when he goes outside the morning after Mama comes to look for him?
(a) He's not wearing one.
(b) A green one with a brown collar.
(c) A blue one that's too light for the cold weather.
(d) A brown one with a hood.
2. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Hershey bars.
(d) Cake or pie.
3. What does Beverly reveal about Santa Claus?
(a) He isn't going to bring her any gifts.
(b) He isn't real.
(c) He's magic.
(d) He's really very skinny.
4. Which kind of jelly bean does Lark eat first?
(a) The green.
(b) The yellow.
(c) The black.
(d) The red.
5. What does Aunt Betty give the hobo in addition to the food and milk?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A wool hat.
(c) A warmer coat.
(d) A pair of socks.
6. How does Mama get the Christmas tree home?
(a) On top of the car.
(b) She has it delivered.
(c) She drags it.
(d) Papa goes to pick it up in the truck.
7. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
(a) No one..
(b) Aunt Betty.
8. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
(a) The country will go to war.
(b) The Germans will be attacked too.
(c) The Japanese probably lost many men.
(d) Many families will be without their fathers.
9. What is at the top of Lark's Christmas list?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A new robe.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A pony.
10. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) Roller skates.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) Nail polish.
11. Where does Mama say she plans to go?
(a) Back to her mother's.
(d) Blue Lake.
12. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
(a) Myrna Loy.
(b) Lark Ann Browning Erhardt.
(c) Sally Ann.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
13. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go for a rid in the country.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Take naps.
14. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
(a) She leaves it on the doorstep.
(b) She drops it off herself.
(c) She sends it with her mother.
(d) She mails it.
15. Why does Mama go out looking for Papa in the very early hours of Saturday morning?
(a) She's afriad he's drinking.
(b) She's afraid he's gambling.
(c) She's afraid he's had a wreck.
(d) She's afraid he might have had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of candy does Mama take from Lark?
2. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
3. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
4. What two gifts are given to Lark on her last day at school?
5. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)