|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Betty ask for as soon as she wakes from her fever?
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Chicken soup.
2. What does Mama say might happen to ruin her business?
(a) The government will require that women work in factories.
(b) The government will limit the amount of gas people can buy.
(c) The government will require more taxes.
(d) The government will limit how many cars a family can own.
3. What does Mama say her marriage was like?
(a) Like having a giraffe in her car.
(b) Like having a wild cat in her pocket.
(c) Like having a elephant sitting on her chest.
(d) Like having a hippopotamus sitting on her face.
4. What does Aunt Betty give the hobo in addition to the food and milk?
(a) A wool hat.
(b) A warmer coat.
(c) A pair of socks.
(d) A quarter.
5. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go for a rid in the country.
(c) Take naps.
(d) Go swimming.
6. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
(a) As long as she wants.
(b) A year.
(c) She can't stay at all.
(d) A week.
7. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(a) Blue Lake.
8. What does Aunt Betty say she'd been doing during the day while Lark was at school?
(a) Making flower arrangements for the funeral.
(b) Baking for the funeral.
(c) Planning their new house.
(d) Sewing curtains.
9. How does Mama get the Christmas tree home?
(a) Papa goes to pick it up in the truck.
(b) On top of the car.
(c) She drags it.
(d) She has it delivered.
10. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
(a) A friend of Hilly's in Blue Lake.
(b) A friend in Colorado.
(c) A cousin in California.
(d) Hilly at the cemetery.
11. Why does Mama say she and Aunt Betty are going to Minneapolis?
(a) To see a lawyer.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To attend church.
(d) To go dancing.
12. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) As far from Papa as possible.
(b) Near Mrs. Stillman.
(c) She doesn't go.
(d) Next to Papa.
13. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
(a) Nail polish.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) Roller skates.
14. What is Aunt Betty's answer when Lark asks if she believes Hilly went to hell?
(a) He didn't go to hell.
(b) He went into limbo.
(c) He did go to hell.
(d) She doesn't know.
15. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
(a) She gets ready to go.
(b) She slaps him back.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She bites him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
2. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
3. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
4. What two gifts are given to Lark on her last day at school?
5. What kind of lessons is Lark taking?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)