|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the tickets eligible to win at the theater's drawing?
2. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
(a) Pumpkin pie.
(b) A book.
(c) Jell-o salad.
(d) A drawing.
3. What is the toast Mama proposes after they finish decorating the Christmas tree?
(a) To Christmas.
(b) To better times ahead.
(c) To the three witches.
(d) To a new house.
4. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
(a) A bologna sandwich.
(c) Blueberry pie and ice cream.
(d) Apple crumb cake.
5. Where does Lark hide when it's time to go to confession?
(a) In Papa's truck.
(b) In Mama's car.
(c) In the basement.
(d) At home under her crib.
6. Whom does Mrs. Stillman say she plans to visit?
(a) A cousin in California.
(b) A friend in Colorado.
(c) A friend of Hilly's in Blue Lake.
(d) Hilly at the cemetery.
7. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
(a) She slaps him back.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She bites him.
(d) She gets ready to go.
8. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
(a) She mails it.
(b) She leaves it on the doorstep.
(c) She sends it with her mother.
(d) She drops it off herself.
9. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A new dress.
10. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
11. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(a) On Saturday mornings.
(b) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
(c) While Mama is playing bridge.
12. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
(a) The Germans are bound to attack.
(b) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(c) Hilly is dead.
(d) Papa will have to go to war.
13. What does Lark look for in her purse?
(a) A barrette.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A comb.
(d) A quarter.
14. How much is Lark's allowance?
(a) A nickle a week.
(b) A quarter a week.
(c) A dollar a week.
(d) Fifteen cents a week.
15. What two gifts are given to Lark on her last day at school?
(a) A pair of house slippers and a box of chocolates.
(b) Hair ribbons and a brush set.
(c) An autograph book and a diary.
(d) A jump rope and a set of jacks..
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
2. Why does Mama say she and Aunt Betty are going to Minneapolis?
3. According to Mrs. Stillman, who came to visit while Lark napped?
4. What does Lark say happened to her little girl's best friend?
5. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)