|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hilly die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He was accidentally hanged.
(c) He fell from his balcony.
(d) A neighbor shot him.
2. How does Lark say she knows that the young prince went to Heaven after committing suicide?
(a) She read it in the Bible.
(b) She heard Jesus and God arguing, and Jesus won.
(c) She saw the young prince in a dream.
(d) She doesn't say.
3. What is the rank of the mysterious man who attends Hilly's funeral?
4. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) Roller skates.
(d) Nail polish.
5. Where does Lark tell Mama she's going?
(b) Blue Lake.
6. What does Lark say her name is as she approaches Mama and Aunt Betty?
(a) Lark Ann Browning Erhardt.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Sally Ann.
(d) Myrna Loy.
7. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
(b) Prepare for confession.
(c) Study her catechism.
(d) Wash her hair.
8. What does Lark sometimes do while her mother is making business calls in St. Bridget?
(a) Visits her grandparents.
(b) Watches movies.
(c) Reads in the car.
(d) Swims at the pool.
9. What does Mama look for in her purse?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A comb.
(c) A hanky.
10. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A harmonica.
11. What does Mama say her marriage was like?
(a) Like having a hippopotamus sitting on her face.
(b) Like having a elephant sitting on her chest.
(c) Like having a wild cat in her pocket.
(d) Like having a giraffe in her car.
12. What two gifts are given to Lark on her last day at school?
(a) An autograph book and a diary.
(b) Hair ribbons and a brush set.
(c) A jump rope and a set of jacks..
(d) A pair of house slippers and a box of chocolates.
13. What does Aunt Betty ask for as soon as she wakes from her fever?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Chicken soup.
14. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of rustling dresses.
(b) The sound of church bells.
(c) The sound of silence.
(d) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
15. What is on top of Hilly's casket?
(a) A red, white and blue blanket that had been Hilly's favorite.
(b) A photo of a flag.
(c) A flag and photo of Hilly in his uniform.
(d) A large spray of flowers with three flags in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
2. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
3. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
4. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
5. What does Lark watch while Mrs. Stillman is talking to her guest?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)