|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
(b) Cake or pie.
(c) Hershey bars.
(d) Fried chicken.
2. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of silence.
(b) The sound of rustling dresses.
(c) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(d) The sound of church bells.
3. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(b) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
(c) On Saturday mornings.
(d) While Mama is playing bridge.
4. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
(a) The ocean.
(b) To look for Uncle Stan.
(d) To Lark's grandparents' house.
5. What is the news Mama has after she buys the roast in town?
(a) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(b) Papa will have to go to war.
(c) The Germans are bound to attack.
(d) Hilly is dead.
6. What does Lark look for in her purse?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A comb.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A barrette.
7. What is the rank of the mysterious man who attends Hilly's funeral?
8. Where does Grandpa go after supper?
(a) To the theater
(b) To the diner
(c) To the pool hall
(d) To bed
9. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A robe.
(c) A book.
(d) A hatpin.
10. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
(a) She'd be happy to go in Lark's place.
(b) Lark shoudl refuse to go.
(c) Lark won't be happy there.
(d) She feels sorry for Lark.
11. What does Aunt Betty give the hobo in addition to the food and milk?
(a) A pair of socks.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A wool hat.
(d) A warmer coat.
12. Which kind of jelly bean does Lark eat first?
(a) The yellow.
(b) The black.
(c) The red.
(d) The green.
13. What does Mama have in her hand when she and Papa get into an argument?
(a) A skillet.
(b) A bottle of ketchup.
(c) A knife.
14. What had Lark imagined living behind the jars in Grandma's cupboard?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A rat.
15. What color is the coat Mama wears as she heads out to play bridge?
(a) Apricot colored.
(b) Wine colored.
(c) Raspberry colored.
(d) Blueberry colored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift Lark and Mama take Hilly and Mrs. Silliman?
2. What does Papa tell Lark she has to do before Mass?
3. What is the present Mama brings Lark from one of her trips?
4. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
5. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)