|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
(a) The classifieds.
(b) The home section.
(c) The sports section.
(d) The funny papers.
2. What is the sound that wakes Lark from sleep that night?
(a) Uncle Stan's sobs.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) Mama's voice.
(d) Aunt Betty's screams.
3. What is the baby's name?
(a) Martha Lark.
(b) Majorie Lark.
(c) Marjorie Ann.
(d) Matilda Ann.
4. What kind of robe does Lark wear when she goes with her father to play poker?
(a) Pink chenille.
(b) Yellow chenille.
(c) Pink satin.
(d) Yellow satin.
5. Where does Lark believe Marjorie Ann went after her death?
(a) To Jesus' side.
6. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) Three hours.
(b) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) All night.
7. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
8. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
9. What is Papa's job at the depot?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a clerk.
(c) He is a builder.
(d) He is a typist.
10. What color are the German neighbor woman's eyes?
(c) The story doesn't say.
11. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
(a) The majorettes.
(b) The veterans.
(c) The cars with sirens.
(d) The boys on bicycles.
12. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
13. Where does Aunt Betty live?
(b) Morgan Lake.
(c) Mount Pleasant.
14. What does Papa do to Lark's mashed potatoes?
(a) Uses his fork to break the dam she's built.
(b) Pours salt on them.
(d) Pours milk on them.
15. How much money does Papa say he lost?
(a) Nothing becuase he didn't have any money.
(b) Twenty-five dollars he borrowed from Stan.
(c) Four hundred fifty dollars.
(d) Eight dollars he'd found in Mama's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treat does Lark find in the cupboard after Mama leaves?
2. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
3. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
4. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
5. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)