|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pie does Lark say she wants from the booth?
2. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
(a) A piece of chicken.
(b) Spice cake.
(d) Buttered bread.
3. What game do Lark and her mother play while her mother is cooking supper?
(a) Twenty Questions.
(b) I Spy.
(d) Lady Caller.
4. What treat does Lark find in the cupboard after Mama leaves?
(a) A slice of pie.
(b) A Hershey bar.
(c) A jawbreaker.
(d) A soda.
5. What is Lark's favorite sandwich?
(a) Bologna and onion.
(b) Grilled cheese.
(c) Beef and tomato.
(d) Bacon, lettuce and tomato.
6. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(c) Pumpkin pie.
(d) Mama's perfume.
7. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(a) The Old Gray Mare.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(d) When the Saint Go Marching In.
8. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
(a) The cars with sirens.
(b) The majorettes.
(c) The veterans.
(d) The boys on bicycles.
9. What is Lark's middle name?
10. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
(a) She baptized the baby.
(b) Lark is correct.
(c) Not everything Lark has learned in church is true.
(d) Lark shouldn't think about it.
11. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
(a) Delivering mail from the mail truck.
(b) Delivering groceries from the store.
(c) Delivering pastries cooked by a local woman.
(d) Delivering freight brought to town by the train.
12. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a janitor at the school..
(b) He's gone.
(c) He's a clerk at the depot.
(d) He's a traveling salesman.
13. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
(a) Washing clothes.
(b) Singing to Aunt Betty.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Scrubbing the floors.
14. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the depot office.
(d) In back of the depot.
15. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
(a) The den.
(b) The enclosed garage.
(c) The extra bedroom.
(d) The breakfast nook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
2. How much does Lark discover her father lost at the poker game?
3. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
4. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
5. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)