|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A chocolate ice cream.
(c) A soda.
(d) A jawbreaker.
2. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(d) Making sandcastles.
3. How much money does Papa say he lost?
(a) Eight dollars he'd found in Mama's purse.
(b) Four hundred fifty dollars.
(c) Twenty-five dollars he borrowed from Stan.
(d) Nothing becuase he didn't have any money.
4. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
5. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
6. What is Lark's favorite sandwich?
(a) Beef and tomato.
(b) Grilled cheese.
(c) Bacon, lettuce and tomato.
(d) Bologna and onion.
7. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) In bed.
(b) At her mother's.
(c) In the front yard.
(d) On the couch.
8. What is the name of Mrs. Grubb's dog?
9. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
(a) It doesn't get warm.
(b) It's toasted just right.
(c) It barely gets warm.
(d) It burns.
10. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for himself?
(d) Rocky Road.
11. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
(a) The veterans.
(b) The cars with sirens.
(c) The majorettes.
(d) The boys on bicycles.
12. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
(a) Her sin notebook.
(b) A hank .
(c) Her lunch.
(d) A clean sweater.
13. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) Rotary chicken dinner.
(b) A church bingo party.
(c) Knights of Columbus picnic.
(d) A church spaghetti supper.
14. How does Lark get to the depot as she's headed for her grandparents' home?
(a) Mr. McPhee picks her up.
(b) Uncle Stan drives her.
(c) Mama takes her.
(d) She walks.
15. What is Sally's attitude during the ride back to her house?
(a) She's hateful, telling her mother to stop crying.
(b) She's crying, pleading with her mother to stop crying.
(c) She's sullen and sits in the floorboard.
(d) She's cheerful, trying to make her mother stop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
2. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
3. What treat does Lark find in the cupboard after Mama leaves?
4. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
5. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)