|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pie does Lark say she wants from the booth?
2. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(b) She says Papa will win it at poker.
(c) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(d) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
3. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All night.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) He doesn't sit with her at all.
4. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) A church bingo party.
(b) Knights of Columbus picnic.
(c) Rotary chicken dinner.
(d) A church spaghetti supper.
5. What kind of robe does Lark wear when she goes with her father to play poker?
(a) Yellow chenille.
(b) Pink satin.
(c) Pink chenille.
(d) Yellow satin.
6. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
(a) Spice cake.
(c) A piece of chicken.
(d) Buttered bread.
7. What is Lark's middle name?
8. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Bedtime for Bitsy.
(c) Lilly and the Lost Ladybug.
(d) Peggy Among the Pansies.
9. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To the hairdresser's.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To visit Hilly.
(d) To play bridge.
10. What game do Lark and her mother play while her mother is cooking supper?
(a) I Spy.
(c) Lady Caller.
(d) Twenty Questions.
11. What does Mama say about her great-great-grandmother?
(a) She was a lady-in-waiting.
(b) She was a tramp.
(c) She was rich.
(d) She was a queen.
12. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
(c) Mr. Johnson.
13. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
(a) She wants to be comfortable.
(b) Because her feet are cold.
(c) She thinks they look pretty.
(d) So her high heels won't disturb Aunt Betty.
14. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
(a) When he closes at six.
(b) When he closes at five.
(c) When his wife returns at four.
(d) When the delivery boy gets out of school at three.
15. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(c) Making sandcastles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
2. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
3. What does Uncle Stanly say after Lark kisses him on the cheek?
4. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
5. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)