|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
(a) The home section.
(b) The classifieds.
(c) The sports section.
(d) The funny papers.
2. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In the front yard.
(c) At her mother's.
(d) In bed.
3. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
(b) A large slice of pie.
(c) Sand from the lakeside.
(d) Pretty stones.
4. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
(a) Waiting on the depot steps.
(b) Sleeping in a chair.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Waiting at the kitchen table.
5. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
(a) Only overalls.
(b) A pair of jeans.
(c) Shorts and a torn t-shirt.
(d) Overalls and a torn t-shirt.
6. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To the hairdresser's.
(b) To play bridge.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To visit Hilly.
7. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
(a) Blueberry jelly and cheese.
(b) Ham and cheese.
(c) Strawberry jam and cheese.
(d) Strawberries and ham.
8. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) All night.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(d) Three hours.
9. What skill does Mama say she's going to learn in order to find a job?
10. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
11. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
(a) Because her feet are cold.
(b) She wants to be comfortable.
(c) She thinks they look pretty.
(d) So her high heels won't disturb Aunt Betty.
12. What does Aunt Betty eat on Thursday morning?
(b) Toast and tea.
(c) Eggs and coffee.
(d) Cereal and milk.
13. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
(a) Her sin notebook.
(b) A clean sweater.
(c) A hank .
(d) Her lunch.
14. What color are the German neighbor woman's eyes?
(c) The story doesn't say.
15. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She has a broken ankle.
(b) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(c) She is too old to make the trip.
(d) She doesn't have money for the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
2. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
3. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
4. What is Papa's job at the depot?
5. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)