|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lark sleep?
(a) On a bench.
(b) A crib.
(c) A pallet on the floor.
(d) A day bed.
2. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) Knights of Columbus picnic.
(b) A church spaghetti supper.
(c) A church bingo party.
(d) Rotary chicken dinner.
3. What does Lark have in her hand after the train leaves the station?
(a) A sandwich and a soda.
(b) A hanky and her ticket.
(c) A doll and a clean sweater.
(d) Her sin notebook and her bedtime book.
4. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says Papa will win it at poker.
(b) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(c) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(d) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
5. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
(a) A Hershey bar.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A slice of pie.
(d) A soda.
6. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) Her sin notebook.
(c) A clean sweater.
(d) A hank .
7. What treat does Lark find in the cupboard after Mama leaves?
(a) A soda.
(b) A slice of pie.
(c) A jawbreaker.
(d) A Hershey bar.
8. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
(a) Puts salt on them and brushes them off.
(b) Uses a match to make them fall off.
(c) Pulls them off quickly then gives the girls bandages to cover the wounds.
(d) Tells the girls to stay out of the water.
9. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a traveling salesman.
(b) He's a clerk at the depot.
(c) He's gone.
(d) He's a janitor at the school..
10. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) They aren't her sheets.
(b) Thank you.
(c) They are folded wrong.
(d) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
11. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
(a) Forty dollars.
(b) She doesn't pay rent.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
12. How much education does Papa have?
(a) He graduated college.
(b) He never attended.
(c) He completed tenth grade.
(d) He graduated high school.
13. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
14. What kind of soup does Mr. Wendell give Lark?
(a) Chicken noodle.
15. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
(a) It's toasted just right.
(b) It barely gets warm.
(c) It doesn't get warm.
(d) It burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Papa doing as the story opens?
2. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
3. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
4. How much money does Papa say he lost?
5. How does Lark get to the depot as she's headed for her grandparents' home?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)