|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say she wants to occur by next year?
(a) A new car.
(b) New shoes for Lark.
(c) Carpenters to be working on a house for the family.
(d) A new baby.
2. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
(a) Strawberry jam and cheese.
(b) Blueberry jelly and cheese.
(c) Ham and cheese.
(d) Strawberries and ham.
3. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
(a) It doesn't get warm.
(b) It's toasted just right.
(c) It barely gets warm.
(d) It burns.
4. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
(b) They aren't her sheets.
(c) Thank you.
(d) They are folded wrong.
5. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's gone.
(b) He's a clerk at the depot.
(c) He's a traveling salesman.
(d) He's a janitor at the school..
6. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(a) Making sandcastles.
7. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(b) She has a broken ankle.
(c) She is too old to make the trip.
(d) She is already staying with another sick relative.
8. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) Striped overalls.
(c) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
(d) Faded blue jeans.
9. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
(a) For kicking Mrs. Grubb's dog.
(b) For disobeying Mama.
(c) For biting her nails.
(d) For making a "D" in Communion Class.
10. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(b) The Old Gray Mare.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) When the Saint Go Marching In.
11. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
12. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Forty dollars.
(c) She doesn't pay rent.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
13. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To visit Hilly.
(b) To the hairdresser's.
(c) To play bridge.
(d) To the cemetery.
14. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Peggy Among the Pansies.
(c) Bedtime for Bitsy.
(d) Lilly and the Lost Ladybug.
15. What is the baby's name?
(a) Martha Lark.
(b) Matilda Ann.
(c) Marjorie Ann.
(d) Majorie Lark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much education has Mama had?
2. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
3. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
4. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
5. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)