|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stanly say after Lark kisses him on the cheek?
(a) He hopes she can be a good girl.
(b) He forgives her for her role in Marjorie's death.
(c) He won't wash his cheek until they meet again.
(d) He'll keep her picture close until they meet again.
2. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
(a) She grows feverish.
(b) She begins vomiting blood.
(c) She gets much better and gets out of bed.
(d) She feels well enough to sit up and read.
3. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated high school.
(b) She never attended school.
(c) She finished tenth grade.
(d) She graduated college.
4. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
(a) It doesn't get warm.
(b) It burns.
(c) It barely gets warm.
(d) It's toasted just right.
5. What is Lark's middle name?
6. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(b) Mama's perfume.
(d) Pumpkin pie.
7. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
8. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
(a) When he closes at five.
(b) When he closes at six.
(c) When the delivery boy gets out of school at three.
(d) When his wife returns at four.
9. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
10. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a janitor at the school..
(b) He's a traveling salesman.
(c) He's gone.
(d) He's a clerk at the depot.
11. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(b) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(c) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(d) She says Papa will win it at poker.
12. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(b) The Old Gray Mare.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) When the Saint Go Marching In.
13. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
(a) A wedding picture of Lark's parents.
(b) A banjo clock.
(c) A picture of Jesus.
(d) A picture of Lark as a baby.
14. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) In bed.
(b) At her mother's.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In the front yard.
15. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
2. What is Hilly carrying when he catches up with Lark on the railroad tracks?
3. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
4. Where is it decided that Stan will go to look for work?
5. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)