|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
2. What does Uncle Stanly say after Lark kisses him on the cheek?
(a) He won't wash his cheek until they meet again.
(b) He hopes she can be a good girl.
(c) He'll keep her picture close until they meet again.
(d) He forgives her for her role in Marjorie's death.
3. What is the name of Mrs. Grubb's dog?
4. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) At her mother's.
(b) In bed.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In the front yard.
5. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To visit Hilly.
(b) To play bridge.
(c) To the hairdresser's.
(d) To the cemetery.
6. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
(b) Pretty stones.
(c) Sand from the lakeside.
(d) A large slice of pie.
7. What is Lark's favorite sandwich?
(a) Bacon, lettuce and tomato.
(b) Beef and tomato.
(c) Bologna and onion.
(d) Grilled cheese.
8. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
(a) Nothing because he didn't have any money.
(b) Eight dollars he'd found in Aunt Betty's purse.
(c) Twenty-five dollars borrowed from Willie.
(d) Eighteen dollars he had left from his pay check.
9. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
(a) A soda.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A Hershey bar.
(d) A slice of pie.
10. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
(a) For making a "D" in Communion Class.
(b) For disobeying Mama.
(c) For biting her nails.
(d) For kicking Mrs. Grubb's dog.
11. What is Papa doing as the story opens?
(a) Working .
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Drawing house plans.
(d) Reading the paper.
12. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
(a) The cars with sirens.
(b) The boys on bicycles.
(c) The majorettes.
(d) The veterans.
13. Where does Aunt Betty live?
(b) Morgan Lake.
(c) Mount Pleasant.
14. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(a) Making sandcastles.
15. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(a) Hoboes on the train.
(b) A fishing pole.
(d) An umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Betty eat on Thursday morning?
2. What does Papa say he plans to do after dinner?
3. What night do Grandma and Grandpa Browning arrive at Aunt Betty's?
4. What kind of robe does Lark wear when she goes with her father to play poker?
5. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)