|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lark believe Marjorie Ann went after her death?
(c) To Jesus' side.
2. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
3. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
4. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
(a) In back of the depot.
(b) In the depot office.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) The cemetery.
5. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
(a) Twenty-five dollars borrowed from Willie.
(b) Nothing because he didn't have any money.
(c) Eight dollars he'd found in Aunt Betty's purse.
(d) Eighteen dollars he had left from his pay check.
6. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
(a) She thinks they look pretty.
(b) So her high heels won't disturb Aunt Betty.
(c) Because her feet are cold.
(d) She wants to be comfortable.
7. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
(a) Lilly and the Lost Ladybug.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) Peggy Among the Pansies.
(d) Bedtime for Bitsy.
8. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
(a) Red with white polka dots.
(b) White with red stripes.
(c) Blue with red flowers.
(d) Red with blue stripes.
9. Where does Lark sleep?
(a) A crib.
(b) On a bench.
(c) A day bed.
(d) A pallet on the floor.
10. What has Mama done with her hair in preparation for her evening away from home?
(b) Put pin curls in it.
(c) Straightened it.
(d) Put on a hat.
11. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) At her mother's.
(b) In the front yard.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the couch.
12. Where is it decided that Stan will go to look for work?
(c) New York.
13. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(a) Hoboes on the train.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A fishing pole.
14. What is Grandma ironing while Mama reads a Life magazine at the kitchen table?
(a) Grandpa's best shirt.
(b) Lark's red dress.
(c) Grandpa's undershirts.
(d) Aunt Betty's new dress.
15. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
(a) Strawberries and ham.
(b) Strawberry jam and cheese.
(c) Ham and cheese.
(d) Blueberry jelly and cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stanly say after Lark kisses him on the cheek?
2. What color is Lark's new bathing suit?
3. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
4. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
5. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)