|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(b) When the Saint Go Marching In.
(c) The Old Gray Mare.
(d) Amazing Grace.
2. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the front yard.
(c) At her mother's.
(d) On the couch.
3. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A chocolate ice cream.
(d) A soda.
4. What is the nickname Mama hates?
(d) Norma Jeana.
5. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
(a) Shorts and a torn t-shirt.
(b) Overalls and a torn t-shirt.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) Only overalls.
6. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated college.
(b) She never attended school.
(c) She finished tenth grade.
(d) She graduated high school.
7. What is the man in the hobo jungle eating when Lark passes by?
(b) Pork and beans.
(d) A Hershey bar.
8. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
(d) Mr. Johnson.
9. What does Papa say he plans to do after dinner?
(b) Play poker.
(c) Play bridge.
(d) Go to bed.
10. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(c) Making sandcastles.
11. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(a) Mama's perfume.
(c) Pumpkin pie.
12. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
(a) The enclosed garage.
(b) The den.
(c) The extra bedroom.
(d) The breakfast nook.
13. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) Rotary chicken dinner.
(b) A church bingo party.
(c) Knights of Columbus picnic.
(d) A church spaghetti supper.
14. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
(a) Scrubbing the floors.
(b) Singing to Aunt Betty.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Washing dishes.
15. What does Mama say about her great-great-grandmother?
(a) She was rich.
(b) She was a tramp.
(c) She was a lady-in-waiting.
(d) She was a queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
2. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for himself?
3. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
4. What is Papa's job at the depot?
5. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)