|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(c) Pumpkin pie.
(d) Mama's perfume.
2. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) A church bingo party.
(b) Knights of Columbus picnic.
(c) A church spaghetti supper.
(d) Rotary chicken dinner.
3. What is Lark's favorite sandwich?
(a) Bacon, lettuce and tomato.
(b) Bologna and onion.
(c) Beef and tomato.
(d) Grilled cheese.
4. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
(a) Buttered bread.
(c) A piece of chicken.
(d) Spice cake.
5. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(b) She has a broken ankle.
(c) She is too old to make the trip.
(d) She is already staying with another sick relative.
6. What kind of soup does Mr. Wendell give Lark?
(d) Chicken noodle.
7. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
(a) She thinks they look pretty.
(b) She wants to be comfortable.
(c) Because her feet are cold.
(d) So her high heels won't disturb Aunt Betty.
8. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
(a) Red with blue stripes.
(b) Red with white polka dots.
(c) Blue with red flowers.
(d) White with red stripes.
9. What does Papa say about the group of ladies Mama spends time with?
(a) He says they shouldn't get together.
(b) He calls them old geese.
(c) He calls them cackling hens.
(d) He says they are all very pretty.
10. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
(a) When his wife returns at four.
(b) When he closes at six.
(c) When the delivery boy gets out of school at three.
(d) When he closes at five.
11. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
(a) Forty dollars.
(b) Eighty dollars.
(c) She doesn't pay rent.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
12. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
13. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
(a) Only overalls.
(b) Shorts and a torn t-shirt.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) Overalls and a torn t-shirt.
14. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(d) All night.
15. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Lilly and the Lost Ladybug.
(c) Bedtime for Bitsy.
(d) Peggy Among the Pansies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Betty eat on Thursday morning?
2. How much does Lark discover her father lost at the poker game?
3. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
4. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
5. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)