|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education does Papa have?
(a) He graduated high school.
(b) He never attended.
(c) He completed tenth grade.
(d) He graduated college.
2. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
(a) Rocky Road.
3. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
4. What game do Lark and her mother play while her mother is cooking supper?
(a) I Spy.
(b) Twenty Questions.
(d) Lady Caller.
5. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(c) All night.
(d) Three hours.
6. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
(a) She begins vomiting blood.
(b) She gets much better and gets out of bed.
(c) She feels well enough to sit up and read.
(d) She grows feverish.
7. What does Aunt Betty eat on Thursday morning?
(b) Cereal and milk.
(c) Toast and tea.
(d) Eggs and coffee.
8. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(b) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(c) She is too old to make the trip.
(d) She has a broken ankle.
9. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
(a) Ham and cheese.
(b) Strawberries and ham.
(c) Strawberry jam and cheese.
(d) Blueberry jelly and cheese.
10. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Whenever Papa says.
(d) She doesn't say.
11. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for himself?
(c) Rocky Road.
12. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
13. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
(a) For making a "D" in Communion Class.
(b) For kicking Mrs. Grubb's dog.
(c) For biting her nails.
(d) For disobeying Mama.
14. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated college.
(b) She never attended school.
(c) She graduated high school.
(d) She finished tenth grade.
15. Where does Lark believe Marjorie Ann went after her death?
(c) To Jesus' side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
2. What is the nickname Mama hates?
3. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
4. What does Mama say about her great-great-grandmother?
5. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)