Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) Whenever Papa says.
2. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To play bridge.
(c) To visit Hilly.
(d) To the hairdresser's.
3. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A chocolate ice cream.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) A soda.
4. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated high school.
(b) She graduated college.
(c) She never attended school.
(d) She finished tenth grade.
5. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) Hoboes on the train.
6. Where does Mama say Uncle Stan is going when he leaves the house?
(a) The church.
(b) The train station.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The back yard.
7. Where does Papa take Lark to spank her?
(a) In back of the depot.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the depot office.
(d) The cemetery.
8. What list is Lark called on to recite to the nuns during class?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The Fourteen Stations of the Cross.
(c) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) The Twenty Steps to Salvation.
9. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
(a) A soda.
(b) A slice of pie.
(c) A jawbreaker.
(d) A Hershey bar.
10. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(b) The Old Gray Mare.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) When the Saint Go Marching In.
11. How much education does Papa have?
(a) He completed tenth grade.
(b) He graduated college.
(c) He graduated high school.
(d) He never attended.
12. What is the event for which Lark sells tickets?
(a) Rotary chicken dinner.
(b) A church bingo party.
(c) Knights of Columbus picnic.
(d) A church spaghetti supper.
13. Where is it decided that Stan will go to look for work?
(c) New York.
14. What kind of soup does Mr. Wendell give Lark?
(c) Chicken noodle.
15. What night do Grandma and Grandpa Browning arrive at Aunt Betty's?
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Mama say she's going to learn in order to find a job?
2. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
3. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
4. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
5. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)