|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Maria say she'll come visit Aunt Betty?
(a) After lunch.
(c) After breakfast.
(d) Around six that evening.
2. What kind of robe does Lark wear when she goes with her father to play poker?
(a) Yellow chenille.
(b) Yellow satin.
(c) Pink satin.
(d) Pink chenille.
3. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
(a) A picture of Jesus.
(b) A banjo clock.
(c) A picture of Lark as a baby.
(d) A wedding picture of Lark's parents.
4. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) All night.
(b) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Three hours.
5. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a clerk at the depot.
(b) He's a janitor at the school..
(c) He's gone.
(d) He's a traveling salesman.
6. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
(a) Lark is correct.
(b) She baptized the baby.
(c) Not everything Lark has learned in church is true.
(d) Lark shouldn't think about it.
7. Who lives in the upstairs portion of the depot?
(a) Lark and her family.
(b) Mrs. Bea, a widow.
(c) Art Bigelow and his wife.
(d) No one.
8. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
(b) Mr. Johnson.
9. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
(a) Delivering freight brought to town by the train.
(b) Delivering pastries cooked by a local woman.
(c) Delivering mail from the mail truck.
(d) Delivering groceries from the store.
10. What is Hilly carrying when he catches up with Lark on the railroad tracks?
(b) A picture.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) A letter.
11. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) She doesn't pay rent.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Forty dollars.
12. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
13. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(d) Mama's perfume.
14. What does Papa say about the group of ladies Mama spends time with?
(a) He calls them cackling hens.
(b) He says they shouldn't get together.
(c) He says they are all very pretty.
(d) He calls them old geese.
15. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
(a) Spice cake.
(b) Buttered bread.
(c) A piece of chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for Lark?
2. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
3. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
4. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
5. What job does the lady on the train say she has?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)