|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the lady on the train say she has?
(a) She works in a depot.
(b) She's a nurse.
(c) She's a secretary.
(d) She works at a radio station.
2. Where does Aunt Betty live?
(b) Mount Pleasant.
(c) Morgan Lake.
3. What is the man in the hobo jungle eating when Lark passes by?
(b) A Hershey bar.
(c) Pork and beans.
4. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(c) Mama's perfume.
(d) Pumpkin pie.
5. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
(a) All night.
(b) Three hours.
(c) He doesn't sit with her at all.
(d) Thirty minutes.
6. How much does Lark discover her father lost at the poker game?
(a) Twelve dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) A hundred and forty dollars.
7. What color is Lark's new bathing suit?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Red, white and blue.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Blue and red.
8. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
(a) The breakfast nook.
(b) The den.
(c) The enclosed garage.
(d) The extra bedroom.
9. What list is Lark called on to recite to the nuns during class?
(a) The Fourteen Stations of the Cross.
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) The Twenty Steps to Salvation.
10. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
(a) Eighteen dollars he had left from his pay check.
(b) Twenty-five dollars borrowed from Willie.
(c) Eight dollars he'd found in Aunt Betty's purse.
(d) Nothing because he didn't have any money.
11. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) They aren't her sheets.
(b) They are folded wrong.
(c) Thank you.
(d) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
12. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
13. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says Papa will win it at poker.
(b) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(c) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(d) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
14. What skill does Mama say she's going to learn in order to find a job?
15. What does Papa say about the group of ladies Mama spends time with?
(a) He calls them cackling hens.
(b) He calls them old geese.
(c) He says they are all very pretty.
(d) He says they shouldn't get together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
2. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
3. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
4. Where does Lark sleep?
5. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)