|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aunt Betty live?
(c) Mount Pleasant.
(d) Morgan Lake.
2. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She has a broken ankle.
(b) She is too old to make the trip.
(c) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(d) She is already staying with another sick relative.
3. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
(a) She grows feverish.
(b) She begins vomiting blood.
(c) She gets much better and gets out of bed.
(d) She feels well enough to sit up and read.
4. What is the baby's name?
(a) Majorie Lark.
(b) Martha Lark.
(c) Matilda Ann.
(d) Marjorie Ann.
5. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
(a) Sleeping in bed.
(b) Waiting on the depot steps.
(c) Sleeping in a chair.
(d) Waiting at the kitchen table.
6. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
(a) A jawbreaker.
(b) A Hershey bar.
(c) A soda.
(d) A slice of pie.
7. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
8. What is Grandma ironing while Mama reads a Life magazine at the kitchen table?
(a) Aunt Betty's new dress.
(b) Grandpa's best shirt.
(c) Lark's red dress.
(d) Grandpa's undershirts.
9. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
(a) Tells the girls to stay out of the water.
(b) Pulls them off quickly then gives the girls bandages to cover the wounds.
(c) Puts salt on them and brushes them off.
(d) Uses a match to make them fall off.
10. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
(a) For kicking Mrs. Grubb's dog.
(b) For biting her nails.
(c) For disobeying Mama.
(d) For making a "D" in Communion Class.
11. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
(a) Blue with red flowers.
(b) Red with white polka dots.
(c) Red with blue stripes.
(d) White with red stripes.
12. What job does the lady on the train say she has?
(a) She works at a radio station.
(b) She's a nurse.
(c) She works in a depot.
(d) She's a secretary.
13. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
(a) When the delivery boy gets out of school at three.
(b) When he closes at six.
(c) When his wife returns at four.
(d) When he closes at five.
14. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
(a) The boys on bicycles.
(b) The cars with sirens.
(c) The majorettes.
(d) The veterans.
15. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What treat does Lark find in the cupboard after Mama leaves?
2. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
3. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
4. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
5. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)