|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) Faded blue jeans.
(c) Striped overalls.
(d) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
2. What is Papa's job at the depot?
(a) He is a builder.
(b) He is an engineer.
(c) He is a clerk.
(d) He is a typist.
3. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) Hoboes on the train.
4. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
(b) Sand from the lakeside.
(c) Pretty stones.
(d) A large slice of pie.
5. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(b) Making sandcastles.
6. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) The Old Gray Mare.
(d) When the Saint Go Marching In.
7. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She has a broken ankle.
(b) She is too old to make the trip.
(c) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(d) She doesn't have money for the trip.
8. What list is Lark called on to recite to the nuns during class?
(a) The Twenty Steps to Salvation.
(b) The Fourteen Stations of the Cross.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The Seven Deadly Sins.
9. What is the name of Mrs. Grubb's dog?
10. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
(a) Bedtime for Bitsy.
(b) Lilly and the Lost Ladybug.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Peggy Among the Pansies.
11. What kind of soup does Mr. Wendell give Lark?
(a) Chicken noodle.
12. How much education does Papa have?
(a) He never attended.
(b) He completed tenth grade.
(c) He graduated high school.
(d) He graduated college.
13. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated college.
(b) She never attended school.
(c) She finished tenth grade.
(d) She graduated high school.
14. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
(a) A soda.
(b) A jawbreaker.
(c) A slice of pie.
(d) A Hershey bar.
15. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
2. What color is the nail polish Lark buys?
3. When does Maria say she'll come visit Aunt Betty?
4. What does Papa say about the group of ladies Mama spends time with?
5. What kind of robe does Lark wear when she goes with her father to play poker?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)