|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
(a) She gets much better and gets out of bed.
(b) She feels well enough to sit up and read.
(c) She begins vomiting blood.
(d) She grows feverish.
2. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
(a) The classifieds.
(b) The funny papers.
(c) The home section.
(d) The sports section.
3. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
(a) The extra bedroom.
(b) The breakfast nook.
(c) The enclosed garage.
(d) The den.
4. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
(a) Making sandcastles.
5. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
(a) She baptized the baby.
(b) Lark is correct.
(c) Lark shouldn't think about it.
(d) Not everything Lark has learned in church is true.
6. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
(a) It doesn't get warm.
(b) It's toasted just right.
(c) It barely gets warm.
(d) It burns.
7. What list is Lark called on to recite to the nuns during class?
(a) The Twenty Steps to Salvation.
(b) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) The Fourteen Stations of the Cross.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
8. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(b) She says Papa will win it at poker.
(c) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(d) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
9. What kind of ice cream does Papa buy for himself?
(b) Rocky Road.
10. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
11. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
(b) A large slice of pie.
(c) Pretty stones.
(d) Sand from the lakeside.
12. What kind of robe does Lark wear when she goes with her father to play poker?
(a) Pink satin.
(b) Yellow satin.
(c) Yellow chenille.
(d) Pink chenille.
13. What is Grandma ironing while Mama reads a Life magazine at the kitchen table?
(a) Grandpa's undershirts.
(b) Grandpa's best shirt.
(c) Aunt Betty's new dress.
(d) Lark's red dress.
14. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
(a) Waiting at the kitchen table.
(b) Sleeping in a chair.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Waiting on the depot steps.
15. What does Papa say he plans to do after dinner?
(b) Play bridge.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Play poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
2. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
3. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
4. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
5. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)