|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She is too old to make the trip.
(b) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(c) She has a broken ankle.
(d) She doesn't have money for the trip.
2. What does Mama say she'll give Papa after he gives her the tickets to California?
(a) An apology.
(b) Her car.
(c) The five hundred dollars to pay off his gambling debts.
3. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
(a) She'd be happy to go in Lark's place.
(b) She feels sorry for Lark.
(c) Lark won't be happy there.
(d) Lark shoudl refuse to go.
4. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(a) The Old Gray Mare.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) When the Saint Go Marching In.
5. What is Papa doing as the story opens?
(a) Playing poker.
(b) Working .
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Drawing house plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hilly carrying when he catches up with Lark on the railroad tracks?
2. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
3. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
4. Who is visiting Mrs. Stillman when Lark arrives?
5. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)