|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
(a) She gets much better and gets out of bed.
(b) She begins vomiting blood.
(c) She feels well enough to sit up and read.
(d) She grows feverish.
2. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(b) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(c) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(d) She says Papa will win it at poker.
3. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
(a) Tea and ginger snaps.
(b) Coffee with milk and chocolate cookies.
(c) Cocoa and cinnamon toast.
(d) Hot milk and chocolate pie.
4. What does Lark look for in her purse?
(a) A barrette.
(b) A comb.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A quarter.
5. Who lives in the upstairs portion of the depot?
(a) Mrs. Bea, a widow.
(b) Art Bigelow and his wife.
(c) No one.
(d) Lark and her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Lark's new bathing suit?
2. What does Papa do to Lark's mashed potatoes?
3. How long does Uncle Stan sit with Aunt Betty the first night he's home?
4. How much does Lark learn Aunt Betty pays in monthly rent?
5. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)