|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
(a) To look for Uncle Stan.
(b) To Lark's grandparents' house.
(c) The ocean.
2. How much money does Papa say he lost?
(a) Twenty-five dollars he borrowed from Stan.
(b) Eight dollars he'd found in Mama's purse.
(c) Nothing becuase he didn't have any money.
(d) Four hundred fifty dollars.
3. What kind of coat is Papa wearing when he goes outside the morning after Mama comes to look for him?
(a) A blue one that's too light for the cold weather.
(b) A green one with a brown collar.
(c) He's not wearing one.
(d) A brown one with a hood.
4. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
(a) It barely gets warm.
(b) It's toasted just right.
(c) It burns.
(d) It doesn't get warm.
5. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
(a) The Japanese probably lost many men.
(b) The country will go to war.
(c) Many families will be without their fathers.
(d) The Germans will be attacked too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly say when Lark says she's moving to California?
2. What is Hilly carrying when he catches up with Lark on the railroad tracks?
3. What is painted on the ends of Lark's crib?
4. When does Maria say she'll come visit Aunt Betty?
5. What does Aunt Betty say she'd been doing during the day while Lark was at school?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)