|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the German neighbor say when Lark returns her sheet?
(a) They are folded wrong.
(b) She hadn't expected them back so quickly.
(c) Thank you.
(d) They aren't her sheets.
2. What is the sound Lark describes as she's in the church awaiting her first Communion?
(a) The sound of silence.
(b) The sound of church bells.
(c) The sound of bees in the lilac bushes.
(d) The sound of rustling dresses.
3. What night do Grandma and Grandpa Browning arrive at Aunt Betty's?
4. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
(a) Eight dollars he'd found in Aunt Betty's purse.
(b) Eighteen dollars he had left from his pay check.
(c) Nothing because he didn't have any money.
(d) Twenty-five dollars borrowed from Willie.
5. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
(b) She curtsies.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She kisses the back of his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
2. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
3. What game do Lark and her mother play while her mother is cooking supper?
4. How does Lark say she knows that the young prince went to Heaven after committing suicide?
5. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)