|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa do to Lark's mashed potatoes?
(b) Pours salt on them.
(c) Uses his fork to break the dam she's built.
(d) Pours milk on them.
2. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
(a) A jawbreaker.
(b) A piece of pie.
(c) A chocolate ice cream.
(d) A soda.
3. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(a) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
(b) On Saturday mornings.
(c) While Mama is playing bridge.
4. Where does Beverly live by this point in the story?
(a) Near the hobo jungle.
(b) At the depot.
(c) Above the cafe.
(d) In a tarpaper shack .
5. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(b) She has a broken ankle.
(c) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(d) She is too old to make the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
2. What is the rank of the mysterious man who attends Hilly's funeral?
3. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
4. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
5. What does Lark sometimes do while her mother is making business calls in St. Bridget?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)