|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa say the bombing of Pearl Harbor means
(a) The Germans will be attacked too.
(b) The Japanese probably lost many men.
(c) The country will go to war.
(d) Many families will be without their fathers.
2. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
(a) When he closes at five.
(b) When he closes at six.
(c) When his wife returns at four.
(d) When the delivery boy gets out of school at three.
3. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(b) Hoboes on the train.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) An umbrella.
4. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
(a) She sends it with her mother.
(b) She drops it off herself.
(c) She leaves it on the doorstep.
(d) She mails it.
5. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Help them get the new house.
(b) Let Hilly visit her.
(c) Make Papa more tolerant.
(d) Keep her safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
2. What is Aunt Betty's condition Thursday afternoon?
3. What is the sound that wakes Lark from sleep that night?
4. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
5. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)