|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mama say Uncle Stan is going when he leaves the house?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The train station.
(d) The church.
2. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
(a) Taxes and confession.
(b) Death and divorce.
(c) Divorce and taxes.
(d) Confession and death.
3. How does Lark get to the depot as she's headed for her grandparents' home?
(a) Mr. McPhee picks her up.
(b) Mama takes her.
(c) She walks.
(d) Uncle Stan drives her.
4. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
(a) Spice cake.
(b) Buttered bread.
(c) A piece of chicken.
5. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
(a) Eight dollars he'd found in Aunt Betty's purse.
(b) Twenty-five dollars borrowed from Willie.
(c) Nothing because he didn't have any money.
(d) Eighteen dollars he had left from his pay check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lark's responsibilities in return for her allowance?
2. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
3. What is at the top of Lark's Christmas list?
4. What does Lark get from Mr. Boomer?
5. When does Maria say she'll come visit Aunt Betty?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)