|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She never attended school.
(b) She finished tenth grade.
(c) She graduated college.
(d) She graduated high school.
2. What is the sound that wakes Lark from sleep that night?
(a) Aunt Betty's screams.
(b) Uncle Stan's sobs.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) Mama's voice.
3. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
(a) Twenty-five dollars borrowed from Willie.
(b) Eighteen dollars he had left from his pay check.
(c) Nothing because he didn't have any money.
(d) Eight dollars he'd found in Aunt Betty's purse.
4. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(b) She has a broken ankle.
(c) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(d) She is too old to make the trip.
5. What does Mama have in her hand when she and Papa get into an argument?
(a) A skillet.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of ketchup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bread Mama tries to toast on the stove?
2. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
3. What does Aunt Betty eat on Thursday morning?
4. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
5. What is Hilly carrying when he catches up with Lark on the railroad tracks?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)