|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
(a) Puts salt on them and brushes them off.
(b) Tells the girls to stay out of the water.
(c) Uses a match to make them fall off.
(d) Pulls them off quickly then gives the girls bandages to cover the wounds.
2. What section of the paper is across Papa's chest when he falls asleep on Sunday afternoon?
(a) The sports section.
(b) The home section.
(c) The classifieds.
(d) The funny papers.
3. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(b) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(c) She is too old to make the trip.
(d) She has a broken ankle.
4. How much education has Mama had?
(a) She graduated high school.
(b) She graduated college.
(c) She never attended school.
(d) She finished tenth grade.
5. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(b) While Mama is playing bridge.
(c) On Saturday mornings.
(d) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Lark her coat as they prepare to leave for Mass?
2. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
3. When does Maria say she'll come visit Aunt Betty?
4. How does Lark get to the depot as she's headed for her grandparents' home?
5. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)