|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sound that wakes Lark from sleep that night?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) Uncle Stan's sobs.
(c) Aunt Betty's screams.
(d) Mama's voice.
2. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
(a) She mails it.
(b) She sends it with her mother.
(c) She leaves it on the doorstep.
(d) She drops it off herself.
3. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) Striped overalls.
(b) Faded blue jeans.
(c) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
(d) The book doesn't say.
4. What does Lark sometimes do while her mother is making business calls in St. Bridget?
(a) Visits her grandparents.
(b) Watches movies.
(c) Reads in the car.
(d) Swims at the pool.
5. What does Papa say about the group of ladies Mama spends time with?
(a) He calls them cackling hens.
(b) He says they shouldn't get together.
(c) He says they are all very pretty.
(d) He calls them old geese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Uncle Stan say he lost gambling the night before?
2. Why does Mama put on bedroom slippers?
3. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
4. What is hanging on the wall over Lark's crib?
5. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)