|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She has a broken ankle.
(b) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(c) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(d) She is too old to make the trip.
2. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
3. Where does Lark and Mama go when Mama takes a week's vacation?
(a) To look for Uncle Stan.
(b) The ocean.
(c) To Lark's grandparents' house.
4. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
(c) Striped overalls.
(d) Faded blue jeans.
5. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
(a) Hot milk and chocolate pie.
(b) Cocoa and cinnamon toast.
(c) Tea and ginger snaps.
(d) Coffee with milk and chocolate cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Lark's new bathing suit?
2. What do Mama, Aunt Betty, and Lark do the afternoon after attending Mass?
3. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
4. How much is Lark's allowance?
5. How long does Papa say Aunt Betty can stay with them?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)