|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sally's attitude during the ride back to her house?
(a) She's cheerful, trying to make her mother stop crying.
(b) She's hateful, telling her mother to stop crying.
(c) She's crying, pleading with her mother to stop crying.
(d) She's sullen and sits in the floorboard.
2. Where does Hilly sit most days?
(a) On a bench at the depot.
(b) On the front steps of his house.
(c) Near the front window of the ice cream shop.
(d) On a bench in front of the post office.
3. What two words does Lark say have an ominous ring of finality?
(a) Taxes and confession.
(b) Death and divorce.
(c) Divorce and taxes.
(d) Confession and death.
4. What is Mama doing when Lark wakes the morning after arriving at Aunt Betty's house?
(a) Scrubbing the floors.
(b) Washing clothes.
(c) Singing to Aunt Betty.
(d) Washing dishes.
5. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
2. Where is Sally when Lark comes out of the confessional after her practice?
3. What is Papa eating as Lark prepares to go outside, carrying her sin notebook with her?
4. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
5. When does Mama go to play bridge?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)