|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(b) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(c) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(d) She says Papa will win it at poker.
2. What skill does Mama say she's going to learn in order to find a job?
3. What color is the dress Lark is wearing to Communion Class?
(a) Red with blue stripes.
(b) Red with white polka dots.
(c) Blue with red flowers.
(d) White with red stripes.
4. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(b) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(c) She has a broken ankle.
(d) She is too old to make the trip.
5. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a clerk at the depot.
(b) He's a traveling salesman.
(c) He's a janitor at the school..
(d) He's gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
2. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
3. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
4. What treat does Mr. Wendell give Lark when she arrives with Papa?
5. How much does Lark discover her father lost at the poker game?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)