|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
(a) Puts salt on them and brushes them off.
(b) Pulls them off quickly then gives the girls bandages to cover the wounds.
(c) Uses a match to make them fall off.
(d) Tells the girls to stay out of the water.
2. Why does Mama say Grandma Browning can't stay with Aunt Betty?
(a) She doesn't have money for the trip.
(b) She is too old to make the trip.
(c) She is already staying with another sick relative.
(d) She has a broken ankle.
3. Where does Hilly serve after he joins the military?
4. Which of the following ingredients does Mama say she would never put in a pie?
5. What does Mama say she wants to occur by next year?
(a) A new baby.
(b) New shoes for Lark.
(c) A new car.
(d) Carpenters to be working on a house for the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mr. Easterly say he will deliver the groceries?
2. How much education has Mama had?
3. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
4. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
5. What is the name of the story Lark reads to Hilly?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)