|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Lark discover her father lost at the poker game?
(a) A hundred and forty dollars.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
2. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(b) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(c) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
(d) She says Papa will win it at poker.
3. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
(a) Uses a match to make them fall off.
(b) Puts salt on them and brushes them off.
(c) Pulls them off quickly then gives the girls bandages to cover the wounds.
(d) Tells the girls to stay out of the water.
4. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
(a) Waiting on the depot steps.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Waiting at the kitchen table.
(d) Sleeping in a chair.
5. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Mama say she's going to learn in order to find a job?
2. Where does Aunt Betty live?
3. What is the skill Beverly has that she shares with Lark?
4. What is Lark's middle name?
5. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)