|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say about her great-great-grandmother?
(a) She was a tramp.
(b) She was a lady-in-waiting.
(c) She was a queen.
(d) She was rich.
2. What does Maria serve Lark with her break and butter?
(a) Strawberries and ham.
(b) Strawberry jam and cheese.
(c) Blueberry jelly and cheese.
(d) Ham and cheese.
3. Where is Aunt Betty when Lark and Mama arrive at her house?
(a) In bed.
(b) At her mother's.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In the front yard.
4. What does Lark ask God to do before she goes to bed that night?
(a) Let Hilly visit her.
(b) Help them get the new house.
(c) Keep her safe.
(d) Make Papa more tolerant.
5. What act does Lark perform with Father Delias after the Communion?
(a) She gives him a sprig of lilac.
(b) She kisses his cheek.
(c) She curtsies.
(d) She kisses the back of his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lark get a spanking from Papa?
2. What is Papa doing as the story opens?
3. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
4. Who lives in the upstairs portion of the depot?
5. Why does Mama say she and Aunt Betty are going to Minneapolis?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)