|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52 through 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on top of Hilly's casket?
(a) A large spray of flowers with three flags in it.
(b) A red, white and blue blanket that had been Hilly's favorite.
(c) A flag and photo of Hilly in his uniform.
(d) A photo of a flag.
2. How does Lark get a letter to Hilly?
(a) She sends it with her mother.
(b) She leaves it on the doorstep.
(c) She drops it off herself.
(d) She mails it.
3. Why does Lark ask Mama to read the story of Peggy and the Pansies?
(a) She hasn't heard it in a long time.
(b) She hasn't heard it before.
(c) It makes her think of the new house.
(d) It reminds her of Hilly.
4. What game do Lark and her mother play while her mother is cooking supper?
(a) Twenty Questions.
(b) Lady Caller.
(d) I Spy.
5. What is the prize Mama wins during the drawing at the theater?
(a) A complete outfit from a department store.
(b) Free movie passes for a year.
(c) A set of China.
(d) Two hundred, fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it decided that Stan will go to look for work?
2. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
3. Where does Mama say Uncle Stan is going when he leaves the house?
4. Which of the following is not part of the dinner the family shares as the story opens?
5. What does Lark call the German woman who lives next door to Aunt Betty?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)