|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Papa going to find when it begins to rain?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A fishing pole.
(d) Hoboes on the train.
2. What kind of trees are in the front yard at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
3. Where does Mama plan to go after dinner?
(a) To visit Hilly.
(b) To play bridge.
(c) To the hairdresser's.
(d) To the cemetery.
4. What is Papa doing as the story opens?
(a) Working .
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Drawing house plans.
(d) Reading the paper.
5. What is the feature of the Cape Ann that Lark says Mama will turn into a sewing room?
(a) The extra bedroom.
(b) The enclosed garage.
(c) The breakfast nook.
(d) The den.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mama thrown at Papa once when he called her a hated nickname?
2. What does Lark think is the best part of the annual parade?
3. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
4. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
5. What is Mama doing when Lark and Papa arrive home?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)