|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(a) Mama's perfume.
(c) Pumpkin pie.
2. What does Lark sing while she's washing Aunt Betty's dishes?
(b) When the Saint Go Marching In.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) The Old Gray Mare.
3. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a clerk at the depot.
(b) He's a traveling salesman.
(c) He's gone.
(d) He's a janitor at the school..
4. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) Striped overalls.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) Faded blue jeans.
(d) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
5. What is Grandma ironing while Mama reads a Life magazine at the kitchen table?
(a) Aunt Betty's new dress.
(b) Lark's red dress.
(c) Grandpa's undershirts.
(d) Grandpa's best shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
2. What does Lark get for her seventh birthday?
3. What time does Mama tell Lark to go to bed?
4. What is in the can Lark leaves for Sally?
5. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)