|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell does Lark say is better than any other?
(a) Pumpkin pie.
(b) Mama's perfume.
2. What is the errand on which Mr. McPhee takes Lark?
(a) Delivering freight brought to town by the train.
(b) Delivering groceries from the store.
(c) Delivering mail from the mail truck.
(d) Delivering pastries cooked by a local woman.
3. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
(a) Spice cake.
(b) Buttered bread.
(c) A piece of chicken.
4. When does Lark study the catechism with Papa?
(a) On Saturday mornings.
(b) Whenever Papa has a break from work.
(d) While Mama is playing bridge.
5. What is Mr. McPhee wearing when he talks with Lark at the depot?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) Striped overalls.
(c) Faded blue jeans.
(d) A short-sleeved shirt and coveralls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark take from her suitcase soon after leaving the station?
2. What does Mama make for Sally, Beverly, and Lark as they study catechism at Lark's house?
3. What do Lark and her Mama do the night before Lark's first Communion?
4. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
5. What kind of pie does Lark say she wants from the booth?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)