|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the letter Lark finds in the Hobo Jungle, to whom is Earl Samson writing?
(d) Mr. Johnson.
2. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
(a) He's a clerk at the depot.
(b) He's a traveling salesman.
(c) He's a janitor at the school..
(d) He's gone.
3. What is Grandma ironing while Mama reads a Life magazine at the kitchen table?
(a) Grandpa's undershirts.
(b) Grandpa's best shirt.
(c) Lark's red dress.
(d) Aunt Betty's new dress.
4. How does Mama say they'll get money for a house?
(a) She says she'll sell shoes to earn money.
(b) She says it's just a dream that won't ever come true.
(c) She says Papa will win it at poker.
(d) She says she doesn't know but will think of something.
5. What does Lark have in her hand after the train leaves the station?
(a) A hanky and her ticket.
(b) A sandwich and a soda.
(c) A doll and a clean sweater.
(d) Her sin notebook and her bedtime book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lark eat the morning Mama and Aunt Betty fight about calling the doctor?
2. What treat does Lark find in the cupboard after Mama leaves?
3. What is the man in the hobo jungle eating when Lark passes by?
4. What is the gift Mama has for Mrs. Stillman?
5. What does Mama leave for Papa and Lark when she goes to play bridge?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)