|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Lark and Sally go to her with leeches?
(a) Pulls them off quickly then gives the girls bandages to cover the wounds.
(b) Uses a match to make them fall off.
(c) Tells the girls to stay out of the water.
(d) Puts salt on them and brushes them off.
2. What is Beverly wearing when she first sits down by Lark?
(a) Only overalls.
(b) A pair of jeans.
(c) Overalls and a torn t-shirt.
(d) Shorts and a torn t-shirt.
3. Where does Lark sit during Mass?
(a) As far from Papa as possible.
(b) Next to Papa.
(c) Near Mrs. Stillman.
(d) She doesn't go.
4. How many words per minute does Mama say she wants to be able to type?
5. What does Uncle Stanly say after Lark kisses him on the cheek?
(a) He hopes she can be a good girl.
(b) He forgives her for her role in Marjorie's death.
(c) He won't wash his cheek until they meet again.
(d) He'll keep her picture close until they meet again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly's father do for a living?
2. What is Lark's reaction when Papa slaps her?
3. What does Maria say about Lark's belief regarding Marjorie?
4. Where is it decided that Stan will go to look for work?
5. What is Hilly wearing in Lark's dream?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)