|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the focus of the Shipman's Tale?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A shipman.
(c) A knight.
(d) A nun.
2. How does the Parson react when asked to tell a story?
(a) He is eager to tell a story.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He asks if anyone else would like to tell a story first.
(d) He does not want to tell a story.
3. How much of the town in the Prioress's Tale is Jewish?
(a) Less than 10%.
(b) About 50%.
(c) Nearly 75%.
(d) About 25%.
4. What is Appius's profession?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a merchant.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) He works for the church.
5. Who does the Second Nun invoke in her prologue?
(a) St. Francis de Sales.
(b) St. Thomas Beckett.
(c) St. Cecilia.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the cameos the Monk tells center around?
2. Who interrupts the Monk's Tale?
3. Who does Cecilia love?
4. What does the Host do after the Prioress's Tale?
5. What is the tone of the Parson's Tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Second Nun's Tale so appropriate for her?
2. Why is it fitting that the journey ends with the Parson's Tale?
3. Where is the inspiration for the Manciple's Tale?
4. What becomes the downfall for both Chanticleer and the fox in the Nun's Priest's Tale?
5. What question is at the heart of the debate between Melibee and Prudence?
6. What is the lesson the Second Nun's Tale teaches women?
7. What is the parallel between the Prioress's Prologue and her Tale?
8. Why is it fitting that the tales end with something from Chaucer?
9. What is the style of the Nun's Priest's Tale?
10. What is the significance of Virginia's name in the Physician's Tale?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)