|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sleeps with the miller's daughter?
(c) The miller.
(d) The manciple.
2. What does Thomas's wife want the friar to preach to Thomas about?
3. Who does the Franklin compare the Squire to?
(a) His son.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His own squire.
(d) His nephew.
4. Who is the focus of the Man of Law's tale?
(b) Men of law.
5. What happens when the friar returns to the convent?
(a) He sells what the parishioners give him.
(b) He forgets to pray for the parishioners.
(c) He keeps a portion of what is given to him before giving the rest to the convent.
(d) He prays for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tale is the Squire asked to tell?
2. How many husbands does the Wife of Bath consider “good?”
3. Who curses the summoner?
4. What is different about the Wife of Bath's Prologue?
5. What does the corrupt man's wife have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Squire's plan before he is interrupted?
2. What is the basis of the Reeve's story? Why is this the basis for the story?
3. How is the Friar's Tale uncomplimentary to summoners?
4. Why is the friar in the Summoner's Tale ironic?
5. Why does the Man of Law tell a story he heard once before?
6. What makes the friar in the Summoner's Tale corrupt?
7. What is the purpose of the General Prologue?
8. How do the townspeople react to the situation after John crashes through the ceiling?
9. Why is the Knight's Tale fitting for his character?
10. Why does the Host come up with the storytelling contest?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)