|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sins does the Parson say everyone must avoid?
(a) All of them.
(c) Only envy, since all others derive from it.
(d) He does not address a set number of sins.
2. What color are the crow's feathers after Phoebus replaces them?
3. Who interrupts the Tale of Sir Topas?
(a) Several of the pilgrims.
(b) The Host.
(c) The Monk.
(d) The Miller.
4. What does the canon make the priest believe he turned quicksilver into?
(b) Real silver.
5. What does Claudius accuse Virginius of doing?
(a) Killing his servant girl.
(b) Kidnapping his daughter.
(c) Stealing his goats.
(d) Kidnapping his servant girl.
6. Who is the focus of the Shipman's Tale?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A knight.
(c) A shipman.
(d) A nun.
7. What flower does the Prioress name in her prologue?
(a) An orchid.
(b) A daisy.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lily.
8. Who does Cecilia love?
(a) Her father.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
9. Who does the canon in the Yeoman's Tale borrow a mark from?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A yeoman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A monk.
10. What do the cameos the Monk tells center around?
11. Where does the Manciple's Tale begin?
(a) A faraway land.
(d) The forest.
12. How do the other two men find Death?
(a) They are poisoned.
(b) They don't find Death.
(c) They die of old age.
(d) They are stabbed.
13. How does the Parson react when asked to tell a story?
(a) He is eager to tell a story.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He asks if anyone else would like to tell a story first.
(d) He does not want to tell a story.
14. Who killed the man in the coffin at the inn?
(a) A knight.
(b) A merchant who was wronged.
(c) A thief called Death.
(d) A mercenary.
15. Who asks the Parson to tell a story?
(a) The Pardoner.
(b) The Second Nun.
(c) The Host.
(d) The Prioress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tale do the pilgrims ask the Pardoner to tell?
2. Who is Sir John?
3. What does the Parson tell as his “story”?
4. What is Phoebus' vice?
5. How does the youngest of the men find Death?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)