|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Monk's Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the knight answer the question?
(a) An old, ugly woman.
(b) Venus, the goddess of love.
(c) The queen.
(d) Another knight.
2. Who is Arveragus?
(a) The merchant in the Franklin's Tale.
(b) The king in the Franklin's Tale.
(c) The knight in the Franklin's Tale.
(d) The squire in the Franklin's Tale.
3. What does the knight in the Wife of Bath's Tale do that gets him in trouble?
(a) He speaks out against the queen.
(b) He kidnaps a young maiden.
(c) He rapes a young maiden.
(d) He steals from the king.
4. Who does the Franklin compare the Squire to?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His own squire.
5. What is the question the knight must answer?
(a) What is love?
(b) What is the key to happiness?
(c) What do women most desire?
(d) What is happiness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the Wife of Bath and Jankyn to fight?
2. Why does Dorigen contemplate suicide?
3. Who is Dorigen?
4. Where did the Wife of Bath meet Jankyn?
5. Why does the Franklin interrupt the Squire?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)