|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Monk's Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tale does the Host want the Monk to tell?
(a) A tale of nobility.
(b) A tale of love.
(c) A happy tale.
(d) A tale of friendship.
2. How much of his debt can Aurelius pay?
(a) Nearly all.
(b) Less than half.
3. Why does Dorigen contemplate suicide?
(a) Aurelius gets her pregnant.
(b) She becomes ill.
(c) Arveragus has been killed in battle.
(d) Aurelius completed the task she challenged him with.
4. What does Dorigen see that makes her nervous about her husband's safety?
(a) A map.
(b) Rocks on the shore.
(c) Smoke in the distance.
(d) A tournament.
5. What kind of tale does the Monk tell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the Monk's Tale?
2. Who speaks out on the knight's behalf to change his punishment?
3. Who helps the knight answer the question?
4. What is the question the knight must answer?
5. Why does the knight's wife transform into a beautiful woman?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)