|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river presents rapids for Alexander?
2. When do the Macedonians set sail for home?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Early afternoon.
3. Which river are the Scythians near when they taunt Alexander?
4. What town informs Alexander that Porus intends to stop the Macedonian army?
5. How does Alexander deal with the resistance he encounters on the way to the Indian Ocean after recovering from his injury?
(c) At a normal pace.
(d) He does not encounter any resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Indians' response to Alexander's flotilla as it makes it way down the river?
2. How many days does Alexander battle the mercenaries from Massaga?
3. How many shifts does Alexander work the Macedonians as they climb the Rock of Chorienes?
4. How long does it take for Alexander to regret killing Cleitus?
5. What do the Macedonians use against the elephants in Porus' army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Porus accept the defeat and why does Alexander give him his kingdom back?
2. What do the Macedonians do when fighting against the elephants in the battle with Porus?
3. What is significant about the town of Cyropolis?
4. What action does Alexander take while visiting the tomb of Cyrus?
5. Why does Alexander want to see the ocean, and what warning does he give to the Macedonians in a speech defending his decision to continue with the campaign?
6. What costly mistake does Alexander make at Gedrosia?
7. What takes place when Alexander encounters Porus' son?
8. Who is Cleitus and how does he die?
9. How is Alexander injured while fighting the Mallians?
10. What happens to the crew at the Acesines River junction?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)