|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Macedonians fill the ravine in the Rock of Chorienes with as they climb?
(c) Tree branches.
2. What type of water, with sea creatures in it, does Alexander find on his way to the Indian Ocean?
(b) Fresh water.
3. What town informs Alexander that Porus intends to stop the Macedonian army?
4. What does Alexander do to the Scythians and those that encouraged them after defeating them?
(a) He convinces them to fight with him.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He releases them.
(d) He arrests them.
5. How does Alexander position his forces to cross the river during the battle with Porus?
(a) So they can communicate with the enemy easily.
(b) So they can communicate with each other easily.
(c) So they can all cross at once.
(d) So they can cross in a single file line.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Alexander mourn for Cleitus' death?
2. Who was Alexander's childhood tutor?
3. Where does Alexander experience a flash flood?
4. What causes Alexander to become ill after facing the Scythians?
5. Which river does Alexander travel after recovering from his injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Alexander take while visiting the tomb of Cyrus?
2. What does Alexander do in anticipation of monsoon season?
3. What is significant about the town of Cyropolis?
4. How does Porus accept the defeat and why does Alexander give him his kingdom back?
5. How do the Macedonians reach the top of the Rock of Sogdiana?
6. How do Alexander and the Macedonians begin their trip to the Indian Ocean, and what impression do they make on the Indians?
7. How do the Macedonians cross the Hydaspes River and what new threat do they face there?
8. How does Alexander tackle the Rock of Chorienes?
9. How does Alexander cross the Indus River?
10. What points does Coenus make in favor of stopping the campaign and returning home?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)