|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wounds Alexander during the fight in a Mallian town?
(a) A fire.
(b) A spear.
(c) A rock.
(d) An arrow.
2. How many animals die in the desert that the Macedonians travel across after monsoon season?
(a) Most of them.
(b) Half of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) Few of them.
3. What is the result of the alternate route that Alexander takes to the Indian Ocean?
(a) It is more difficult than the first route.
(b) It is the same level of difficulty as the first route.
(c) He takes the same route both times.
(d) It is easier than the first route.
4. How many guards are with Alexander as he jumps into a town before being wounded?
(a) One hundred.
(d) A few.
5. Whom do the elephants trample in trying to escape the Macedonians' assault?
(a) Neither the Macedonians nor the Indians.
(b) The Macedonians and the Indians.
(c) Only the Macedonians.
(d) Only the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town informs Alexander that Porus intends to stop the Macedonian army?
2. What is the first thing that Alexander does when he faces Porus across the river?
3. Where does Alexander initially surprise the Mallians?
4. Where does Alexander lead his troops during monsoon season?
5. What happens to Bessus after he is captured by Alexander?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexander want to see the ocean, and what warning does he give to the Macedonians in a speech defending his decision to continue with the campaign?
2. How is Alexander injured while fighting the Mallians?
3. What costly mistake does Alexander make at Gedrosia?
4. What points does Coenus make in favor of stopping the campaign and returning home?
5. On the way to Gedrosia, what happens to some of the Macedonian army and the animals in the desert?
6. How does Alexander tackle the Rock of Chorienes?
7. What action does Alexander take while visiting the tomb of Cyrus?
8. How does Alexander respond to Coenus' speech?
9. What happens to the crew at the Acesines River junction?
10. After being seriously injured in a battle, what does Alexander do to ensure his troops that he is still alive?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)