|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the natives react when the Macedonians reach the top of the Rock of Sogdiana?
(a) They attempt to bargain with them.
(b) They begin climbing down the mountain.
(c) They attempt to resist, but lose.
(d) They surrender.
2. When do the Macedonians set sail for home?
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Early afternoon.
3. What do the Macedonians fill the ravine in the Rock of Chorienes with as they climb?
(b) Tree branches.
4. What causes Alexander to become ill after facing the Scythians?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Tainted water.
(d) Lack of sleep.
5. Where does Alexander initially surprise the Mallians?
(a) On a river.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) In a field.
(d) In a desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Alexander's troops defend themselves against the arrows of the enemy on the way up the Rock of Chorienes?
2. What side of the Rock of Sogdiana has sheer cliffs?
3. When does Alexander give Porus his kingdom back?
4. What is the result of the alternate route that Alexander takes to the Indian Ocean?
5. How long does it take for Alexander to regret killing Cleitus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What costly mistake does Alexander make at Gedrosia?
2. Who is Cleitus and how does he die?
3. How do the Macedonians cross the Hydaspes River and what new threat do they face there?
4. What action does Alexander take while visiting the tomb of Cyrus?
5. What happens at the Rock of Aornos?
6. What idea causes Callisthenes to challenge Alexander?
7. What points does Coenus make in favor of stopping the campaign and returning home?
8. How does Alexander cross the Indus River?
9. How is Alexander injured while fighting the Mallians?
10. What happens to the crew at the Acesines River junction?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)